Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review Beelink J45 Mini PC (Dual HDMI Office PC), Real world usage review..Powerful!

views

TSvoncrane
post Aug 20 2019, 02:27 PM, updated 4y ago

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Hey all, welcome to another one of my real world reviews. This time, it's of the palm-sized Beelink J45 Mini-PC. Given that this is a Mini-PC, I shall focus on providing as much information to assist with your purchase decision. Naturally, I remain open to further specific testing and or questions that might need to be answered.

Attached Image

Description
The Beelink J45 mini PC has a design that reminds us of the Intel NUC or other Beelink models. It sports a black shiny and glossy top with the Beelink wording and logo. The device is made of plastic, aluminium and some rubber stands on the bottom, to ease airflow. This is in addition to the adequate air-vents on the sides too. Throughout my extended usage of the J45, I rarely heard it. Sure it gets a tiny bit warm on the top from days of sleep and or full usage. Otherwise, noise and temp-wise? I had absolutely nothing to worry about.

Having fully updated the windows version, drivers, installed software, etc..This for some reason had to take awhile with several reboots. Be patient.. I like that the device still takes a nice <7 secs to fully shutdown and about 10 - 17 secs from a cold boot. I also like that the power button (rubber) at the front has a status led that flashes blue once to signal power is plugged in, and then stays blue when powered on and or in sleep mode.

Specifications
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

See below spoilers for images.
Box

Hardware

Initial & Fully Updated Windows Build Information. From version 1803 (Build #: 17134.407) to version 1903 (Build #: 18362.295)

Speedtest
Using Microsoft's Edge Browser & dedicated App. Ethernet (CAT6E Cable) and WiFi from 2 rooms away. Max I can get of the router from within the same room is 2xxMbps. Which is normal as it's the max wireless capability of the router used in testing. A better router will yield better results as other reviews have shown.

Other Software Information

HWiNFO

Novabench Scores
Online Results

SSD information and Speed Tests
These were carried out using the trusty CrystalDiskInfo & CrystalDiskMark software.

YouTube Playback

YouTube Tests were carried out using the latest Chrome browser. The Windows bundled Microsoft Edge browser allows only up to max 1080p resolution. So I'd recommend using other browsers such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The Beelink J45 has no issues playing 2K videos off YouTube either in Windowed or full-screen mode. Unlike the Beelink L55 model hmm.gif , Which has got me thinking as to why.. Off my head, I'd reckon it's the slightly faster CPU. Even though that has a better GPU. Regardless, I fired up the L55 again. Updated it's OS & Chrome version to match the J45 and retested YouTube playback. It still struggled from 1440p resolution upwards. So in this case, though it's a zippier device, more ports, a powerful fan, etc...The J45 trumps it in the YouTube Playback test.

RealBench Scores
Time: 01:49:59

Image Editing: 34407
Time: 154.85

Encoding: 6774
Time: 786.481

OpenCL: 3731
KSamples/sec: 717

Heavy Multitasking: 3120
Time: 2445.71

System Score: 12008

Lastly, some UserBenchmark Information
Runtime to complete...115 seconds
Summary & detailed results can be viewed online here... An opinion that mirrors my own.

Conclusion
I used this J45 as my daily driver and I can conclude similarly that it excels in general day to day (common) PC tasks. Tasks such as MS Office suite, Internet browsing, medium image manipulation, light video editing (can be used to edit 4K files, it just takes longer), light games and or res-lowered games, normal media playback. Tested a few Jellyfish files on it. Deciding this time to use VLC Player instead of Kodi and color me impressed. The J45 is easily able to handle from "jellyfish-60-mbps-hd-hevc-10bit" to "jellyfish-200-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit". It struggled a bit a the beginings of 120Mbps+ but within a few seconds, it's all caught up and chugs along nicely. I'll repeat this test later on the Beelink L55 Mini-PC and report back. Else for now? Based off real-world usage, I'd have to recommend the Gemini J45.

Click here to purchase from Geekbuying.
Click here to purchase from Gearbest.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Apr 27 2020, 10:40 AM
TSvoncrane
post Aug 20 2019, 02:28 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Reserved for future postings.
TSvoncrane
post Aug 20 2019, 02:28 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Reserved for future postings.
blurjoey
post Aug 20 2019, 05:33 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

Another great detailed review coming...

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Aug 20 2019, 07:07 PM
stormsea7
post Sep 23 2019, 09:05 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Is the Window 10 genuine?
TSvoncrane
post Sep 23 2019, 11:30 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(stormsea7 @ Sep 23 2019, 09:05 PM)
Is the Window 10 genuine?
Yup... 100% genuine.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:07 PM