Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Lateral Meniscus Tear, Surgery or Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?

views

TSHoi-Ya-Ee-Ya
post Aug 19 2019, 12:52 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
168 posts

Hey bros or sis who have done the meniscus repair / removal surgery.

Would like to know whether your knees have been completely healed? Do you develop any other sorts of knee problems years after surgery? I read from internet that meniscus surgery increases the risk and accelerate the development of knee osteoarthritis. Is this true?

By the way, I had a lateral meniscus tear back in April 2018 but chose not to perform any surgery until now.

I had several recurrence of "knee lockings" from April 2018 to until around September 2018 but i learned how to unlock it and sort of got used to the pain. However since then until now, I haven't had much problem except for occasional pain after jumping alot (such as playing basketball or badminton) but I never had any locking since then. Able to walk and squat normally but extra care when standing up is needed.

Recently, I went to see another orthopedic surgeon to get for a third opinion (I consulted 2 different doctors before this), all 3 of them recommended a knee surgery which I would really prefer to avoid.

Has anyone seen or heard or done Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment? Is it a reliable and effective way to heal the lateral meniscus tear?

Thank you.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0100sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:00 AM