Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MacOS X Error with adding any item in Keychain

views

TSSpIcYjOe
post Aug 18 2019, 02:26 PM, updated 5y ago

Lookie at my many staries...
1,929 posts

Dear Sifu,

For me, age is catching up and I need Keychain to save my passwords.

However, I am unable to manually add any item using keychain. I will get the error "An error has occurred. Unable to add an item to the current keychain. You failed to provide the necessary administrator authorisation.".

What can I do to overcome this situation? tried googling but found no solution.
sjstheesar
post Aug 18 2019, 02:58 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(SpIcYjOe @ Aug 18 2019, 02:26 PM)
Dear Sifu,

For me, age is catching up and I need Keychain to save my passwords.

However, I am unable to manually add any item using keychain. I will get the error "An error has occurred. Unable to add an item to the current keychain. You failed to provide the necessary administrator authorisation.".

What can I do to overcome this situation? tried googling but found no solution.
You haven’t mentioned anything about the hardware. Let’s say your using non Touch ID Mac, then the issue is purely on the administrator rights to keychain file.
Open the keychain and create a new one else if you have icloud sync of your passwords, just remove the id and add one more time. Might be some sync issue.

If still not solved, please provide more info

TSSpIcYjOe
post Aug 18 2019, 03:56 PM

Lookie at my many staries...
1,929 posts

QUOTE(sjstheesar @ Aug 18 2019, 02:58 PM)
You haven’t mentioned anything about the hardware. Let’s say your using non Touch ID Mac, then the issue is purely on the administrator rights to keychain file.
Open the keychain and create a new one else if you have icloud sync of your passwords, just remove the id and add one more time.  Might be some sync issue.

If still not solved, please provide more info
Oh. my apologies.. I am using MacBook 12" 2016. Hence there are no hardware authentication features.

If I remove my existing keychain, and create a new one. It will remove all my password as well right? Hmmm.
sjstheesar
post Aug 26 2019, 11:23 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(SpIcYjOe @ Aug 18 2019, 03:56 PM)
Oh. my apologies.. I am using MacBook 12" 2016. Hence there are no hardware authentication features.

If I remove my existing keychain, and create a new one. It will remove all my password as well right? Hmmm.
Yes. It would delete the whole file.

Sorry for the late reply. I didn’t check. If you still facing issue, please PM me, I can help you. Thank you.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0125sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:38 AM