Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Opinions please, I'm new to KL

views

TS-PrInCeSs-
post Aug 18 2019, 02:13 AM, updated 5y ago

15 posts

Hi all, I'll be moving to KL soon and I am looking to purchase a property for own stay. I am rather new to KL so would love to hear your opinions. My office is near KL Sentral so I'm looking at the following areas for the most convenience:
- Bangsar
- Mont Kiara
- East side of PJ
- Bangsar South
- Seputeh
- KL South/Old Klang Road

My consideration points:
- Budget: 600k and below
- Rooms: Studio or 1BR or 2BR
- Parking: 1 lot
- Reputable developer
- Furnishing: Partially or fully furnished
- Building completion: Latest Q1 2020
- Building age preferably <5 years (if above 5 years it needs to be very well-maintained)
- Near LRT (direct link bridge would be good)

Because I may be moving in a couple of years, the property needs to have a steady rental market (strategic location).

Not sure if I should be considering anything else but happy to hear your opinions smile.gif Thanks for reading and helping out!
Win Win Inspiration
post Sep 3 2019, 02:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,708 posts

QUOTE(-PrInCeSs- @ Aug 18 2019, 02:13 AM)
Hi all, I'll be moving to KL soon and I am looking to purchase a property for own stay. I am rather new to KL so would love to hear your opinions. My office is near KL Sentral so I'm looking at the following areas for the most convenience:
- Bangsar
- Mont Kiara
- East side of PJ
- Bangsar South
- Seputeh

My consideration points:
- Reputable developer
- Building age preferably <5 years (if above 5 years it needs to be very well-maintained)

Because I may be moving in a couple of years, the property needs to have a steady rental market (strategic location).

Not sure if I should be considering anything else but happy to hear your opinions smile.gif Thanks for reading and helping out!
How do you commute to work daily? By own car or public transport? smile.gif
amduser
post Sep 3 2019, 04:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,534 posts

maybe you should consider to rent a room first, then slowly survey, that way you will have lesser commitment and you can change place to stay once tenancy agreement is over

once you found a place that you like then you can stop renting and choose the settle down, every place got their own pro and cons
FirstNoob
post Sep 3 2019, 10:55 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

I strongly suggest you to rent a room/studio/hse first before you commit into buying a unit. Because you are new to Kl, you are probably not familiar with Kl surroundings.

Rent will Help you understand the surroundings of the condo better and you still can slowly look around to see if there’s better option during your stay..
ulala2
post Sep 4 2019, 06:11 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(-PrInCeSs- @ Aug 18 2019, 02:13 AM)
- Bangsar
- Mont Kiara
- East side of PJ
- Bangsar South
- Seputeh

My consideration points:
- Reputable developer

Not sure how close ur office to KL Sentral, if within KL Sentral area, why not consider using public transport to work.
In that case, you may save on the following: -

1) car petrol
2) Toll
3) monthly parking fee
4) cheaper house (if away from KL town, u can buy a property link with public transport)

As other advise, you may start your life at KL by renting a house first, test which location/area/environment u like then only search for a property at that location.
TQ

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:26 PM