Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Dong Zong’s reason for opposing Khat is wrong, Few lessons in Khat is no big deal

views

TSdarrenboy
post Aug 15 2019, 12:07 AM, updated 2 months ago

On my way
665 posts

I personally don’t think introduction of Khat is a big deal. It’s only going to be a few lessons, after all. I don’t see it as “Islamization” as claimed by Dong Zong. If they want to oppose it, a better reason might be to argue on its usefulness for the students’ future. Their reason is stupid. They never think through properly.

If it’s just a few lessons in art, they might as well introduce it under the arts and culture subject, rather than in BM subject. Nevertheless I would argue that learning Khat may not be very useful. Learning jawi might be better than Khat. I don’t oppose learning jawi because I did learn it in school last time. I didn’t become more Muslim because of learning jawi. It’s okay. No big deal. I heard that it’s really just a few lessons.

Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.

This post has been edited by darrenboy: Aug 15 2019, 12:09 AM
TSdarrenboy
post Aug 15 2019, 08:07 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(Sycamore @ Aug 15 2019, 01:31 AM)
If you read Dongzong's statement, they never implied islamization in any sense.

Dunno which guy started and said Dongzong say khat=islamization. It's not true. Dongzong never said that.

Dongzong's reazon is simply it is not practical to learn khat. They think khat and BM are two different thing and learning khat does not really helps on students' BM.

Dongzong also oppose the way to learn khat. Education minister claimed that they only introduce khat but not Jawi. But In the syllabus, students are required to identify, read and write Malay simpulan Bahasa in Jawi. Dongzong thinks that this is not like what education minister claimed - learning khat, but it is actually learning Jawi.

Dongzong's appeal is actually very detailed. They think very througly about this issue, down to the practical level.
It is ashamed that the Malay and English news did not cover this part and instead gave a general coverage.
It’s reported in the English news actually (e.g. the Malay mail, online 10 Aug). Still, it’s not a big deal since it’s just a few lessons. But agree that it may not be a very useful subject to the students future as compared to maybe other subjects such as mental arithmetic.

This post has been edited by darrenboy: Aug 15 2019, 08:54 AM
TSdarrenboy
post Aug 15 2019, 09:03 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(bumpo @ Aug 15 2019, 08:53 AM)
ts, you sound smart and educated but at same time dumb as well

if the intend is really about preservation of heritage and truly optional, then why isnt it introduced as a curriculum like say chess club? they can even organize competition from school to national level for it
or introduced under art classes?
why must be attached to bm? the prime paper where u fail and u auto fail everything else?
why bm when there is so many viable if not better options to introduce it?
what makes attaching it to bm that makes it a preservation of heritage?
Did I say anything on preservation of heritage? I didn’t. Didn’t I say that it would hv been better introducing it into arts and culture instead of BM?
Now, who is being dumb? Haha.

This post has been edited by darrenboy: Aug 15 2019, 09:06 AM

Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0671sec    1.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th September 2019 - 08:15 AM