Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Dong Zong’s reason for opposing Khat is wrong, Few lessons in Khat is no big deal

views

pokchik
post Aug 15 2019, 08:45 AM

Enthusiast
908 posts

QUOTE(darrenboy @ Aug 15 2019, 12:07 AM)
Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.
but but.. itu kerja mereka, if not then they won't get re-elected in the next AGM.
lucifer_666
post Aug 15 2019, 08:48 AM

Getting Started
185 posts

It's pointless to impose & force it upon others when the Malays themselves don't really use jawi in their everyday life.

To introduce & frame it as Khat (the artistic rendition & interpretation of the Arab-origin, Jawi script) into the language subject is even more ridiculous.

Make it optional. The opposition won't be as severe.
kcchong2000

14 posts

QUOTE(syazwan @ Aug 15 2019, 08:27 AM)
What u see useful for u doesnt necessarily means useful for the rest. Art was never my favourite subject either. Hence im ok if my kids learn those 2 languages or something new. I end up my degree having to take mandarin language in my course but yeah whatever floats your boat.

Im pure science students in my 2ndary school and no one from my classmates end up as doctor.

How abt add maths? How many accountants use add maths in their daily task?

If u deem knowledge is not important then good luck to ur kids.

Thank gosh atleast u still wont understand what cha ya nun alif means then laugh.gif
Nevermind, instead of khat just put all lar. Chinese and tamil calligraphy or art whatever u called if. Why stop at jawi. Just add all 3 for god(any) sake.

pokchik

Enthusiast
908 posts

QUOTE(Sycamore @ Aug 15 2019, 01:31 AM)
It is ashamed that the Malay and English news did not cover this part and instead gave a general coverage.
since when does malay/english/tamil/mandarin news has been fair?

newsmakers goreng all the factual news until it becomes rojak pasembur as long as it sells papers.

and.. what is the main intention of maszlee when he talked about khat,
dong zhong explained in details but anyone read what maszlee explained in details?

i sure didn't.

This post has been edited by pokchik: Aug 15 2019, 08:54 AM
pokchik
post Aug 15 2019, 08:49 AM

Enthusiast
908 posts

QUOTE(kcchong2000 @ Aug 15 2019, 08:48 AM)
Nevermind, instead of khat just put all lar. Chinese and tamil calligraphy or art whatever u called if. Why stop at jawi. Just add all 3 for god(any) sake.
i was thinking the same, too..

sometimes watching chinese/korean movies with the scenes of people doing callygraphy facinates me.

syazwan
post Aug 15 2019, 08:50 AM

Casual
421 posts

QUOTE(kcchong2000 @ Aug 15 2019, 08:48 AM)
Im ok with that.

Which is what i stated earlier.

Atleast im not hypocrite with my stands whtever something new and good for my kids is good for their knowledge
leonhang
post Aug 15 2019, 08:50 AM

Getting Started
236 posts

that's your own fucking opinion. SJKC and Dong Zong opinion is certainly different than yours
WallMaker
post Aug 15 2019, 08:51 AM

39 posts

QUOTE(syazwan @ Aug 15 2019, 08:43 AM)
U just contradict yourself.

Accountant doesnt need addmaths so why so many students from science stream ..took add maths only to realize when applying college for accountancy course suddenly the subject not useful?

Hence knowledge is knowledge.

Pjk aka as football session (in most schools)also not important as i did not end up as a footballer either.
Walao. What questions u ask? If they become Mcdonald waiter it's their business lah. Same as if they wan to become accountant is their choice too.

But if you want to be engineer, statistician, or even study astronomy. Then u will need those add maths knowledge. If they don't take add maths during secondary school. U think they have chance to enter the course they want to? Like engineering. If only study at that time they already miles behind.

Can u tell me what subject require khat as a base to study?
Please enlighten me.
kcchong2000
post Aug 15 2019, 08:51 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(pokchik @ Aug 15 2019, 08:49 AM)
i was thinking the same, too..

sometimes watching chinese/korean movies with the scenes of people doing callygraphy facinates me.
This. When u put all 3 there will never a controversy in the first place.

It look like MOE from no issue make issue. Really poodah.
kcchong2000
post Aug 15 2019, 08:52 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(syazwan @ Aug 15 2019, 08:50 AM)
Im ok with that.

Which is what i stated earlier.

Atleast im not hypocrite with my stands whtever something new and good for my kids is good for their knowledge
Yup. That more like it man. Those MOE in a sense really sohai. Seriously.
bumpo
post Aug 15 2019, 08:53 AM

Casual
357 posts

ts, you sound smart and educated but at same time dumb as well

if the intend is really about preservation of heritage and truly optional, then why isnt it introduced as a curriculum like say chess club? they can even organize competition from school to national level for it
or introduced under art classes?
why must be attached to bm? the prime paper where u fail and u auto fail everything else?
why bm when there is so many viable if not better options to introduce it?
what makes attaching it to bm that makes it a preservation of heritage?
+3kk!
post Aug 15 2019, 08:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,132 posts

QUOTE(Sycamore @ Aug 15 2019, 01:31 AM)
If you read Dongzong's statement, they never implied islamization in any sense.

Dunno which guy started and said Dongzong say khat=islamization. It's not true. Dongzong never said that.

Dongzong's reazon is simply it is not practical to learn khat. They think khat and BM are two different thing and learning khat does not really helps on students' BM.

Dongzong also oppose the way to learn khat. Education minister claimed that they only introduce khat but not Jawi. But In the syllabus, students are required to identify, read and write Malay simpulan Bahasa in Jawi. Dongzong thinks that this is not like what education minister claimed - learning khat, but it is actually learning Jawi.

Dongzong's appeal is actually very detailed. They think very througly about this issue, down to the practical level.
It is ashamed that the Malay and English news did not cover this part and instead gave a general coverage.
Dong zong is being their silly self's

Knowing them, if the government say "mandatory" rest period of 1 hour, Dong Zong will say "rest" is not practical.
exsea
post Aug 15 2019, 08:55 AM

Casual
399 posts

to me i find no strong reason to oppose, but also no strong reason its to be implemented in the first place.

its like a driving instructor that is required by law to inform everyone how their company was formed and years of experience before starting his lesson. can i appreciate him/her better? perhaps, but in a long run it gives no benefit.

i really dont care about the "islamization" because i dont see it as such. the only thing i can foresee is the youth learning jawi out of spite and start using it in vulgar ways.
pokchik
post Aug 15 2019, 08:55 AM

Enthusiast
908 posts

QUOTE(bumpo @ Aug 15 2019, 08:53 AM)

because melayu mudah lupa, we need help from other races to remind us about khat.
bumpo
post Aug 15 2019, 09:00 AM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(syazwan @ Aug 15 2019, 08:43 AM)
U just contradict yourself.

Accountant doesnt need addmaths so why so many students from science stream ..took add maths only to realize when applying college for accountancy course suddenly the subject not useful?

Hence knowledge is knowledge.

Pjk aka as football session (in most schools)also not important as i did not end up as a footballer either.
1) skool dont allow top scores to take art stream which have accounting subject. forced to science stream
2) kiasu. must masuk science stream else considered peasant
3) primary choices for uni not accepted. account is like choice #5
4) all the above
TSdarrenboy
post Aug 15 2019, 09:03 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(bumpo @ Aug 15 2019, 08:53 AM)
ts, you sound smart and educated but at same time dumb as well

if the intend is really about preservation of heritage and truly optional, then why isnt it introduced as a curriculum like say chess club? they can even organize competition from school to national level for it
or introduced under art classes?
why must be attached to bm? the prime paper where u fail and u auto fail everything else?
why bm when there is so many viable if not better options to introduce it?
Did I say anything on preservation of heritage? I didn’t. Didn’t I say that it would hv been better introducing it into arts and culture instead of BM?
Now, who is being dumb? Haha.

This post has been edited by darrenboy: Aug 15 2019, 09:06 AM

Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0766sec    2.72    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th August 2019 - 10:25 PM