Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dong Zong’s reason for opposing Khat is wrong, Few lessons in Khat is no big deal

views

TSdarrenboy
post Aug 15 2019, 12:07 AM, updated 5y ago

Enthusiast
733 posts

I personally don’t think introduction of Khat is a big deal. It’s only going to be a few lessons, after all. I don’t see it as “Islamization” as claimed by Dong Zong. If they want to oppose it, a better reason might be to argue on its usefulness for the students’ future. Their reason is stupid. They never think through properly.

If it’s just a few lessons in art, they might as well introduce it under the arts and culture subject, rather than in BM subject. Nevertheless I would argue that learning Khat may not be very useful. Learning jawi might be better than Khat. I don’t oppose learning jawi because I did learn it in school last time. I didn’t become more Muslim because of learning jawi. It’s okay. No big deal. I heard that it’s really just a few lessons.

Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.

This post has been edited by darrenboy: Aug 15 2019, 12:09 AM
SUSamanu
post Aug 15 2019, 12:10 AM

43 posts

correct.

people give all kind of excuses.

if hate dr maszlee just say hate dr maszlee. dont putar here and there giving STUPID EXCUSES !
ikankering
post Aug 15 2019, 01:09 AM

42 posts

oredi close isu.
Sycamore
post Aug 15 2019, 01:31 AM

Getting Started
284 posts

QUOTE(darrenboy @ Aug 15 2019, 12:07 AM)
I personally don’t think introduction of Khat is a big deal. It’s only going to be a few lessons, after all. I don’t see it as “Islamization” as claimed by Dong Zong. If they want to oppose it, a better reason might be to argue on its usefulness for the students’ future. Their reason is stupid. They never think through properly.

If it’s just a few lessons in art, they might as well introduce it under the arts and culture subject, rather than in BM subject. Nevertheless I would argue that learning Khat may not be very useful. Learning jawi might be better than Khat. I don’t oppose learning jawi because I did learn it in school last time. I didn’t become more Muslim because of learning jawi. It’s okay. No big deal. I heard that it’s really just a few lessons.

If you read Dongzong's statement, they never implied islamization in any sense.

Dunno which guy started and said Dongzong say khat=islamization. It's not true. Dongzong never said that.

Dongzong's reazon is simply it is not practical to learn khat. They think khat and BM are two different thing and learning khat does not really helps on students' BM.

Dongzong also oppose the way to learn khat. Education minister claimed that they only introduce khat but not Jawi. But In the syllabus, students are required to identify, read and write Malay simpulan Bahasa in Jawi. Dongzong thinks that this is not like what education minister claimed - learning khat, but it is actually learning Jawi.

Dongzong's appeal is actually very detailed. They think very througly about this issue, down to the practical level.
It is ashamed that the Malay and English news did not cover this part and instead gave a general coverage.
EatFriesEggs
post Aug 15 2019, 01:35 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

Go read dong zong fb page first bro
KorkorBesar
post Aug 15 2019, 01:38 AM

0 posts

Are Dong Zong going to teach Tamil educators on how to teach Tamil too?
And raise a ruckus if they get ignored?

Why don't they teach Microsoft on how to do their certification tests and syllabus as well?

So if McDonald reintroduced old specials like they always do, should Dong Zong make a ruckus?
Should they demand McD to cook and prepare food as they wanted them?

This is retarded.

This post has been edited by KorkorBesar: Aug 15 2019, 01:43 AM
TSdarrenboy
post Aug 15 2019, 08:07 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(Sycamore @ Aug 15 2019, 01:31 AM)
If you read Dongzong's statement, they never implied islamization in any sense.

Dunno which guy started and said Dongzong say khat=islamization. It's not true. Dongzong never said that.

Dongzong's reazon is simply it is not practical to learn khat. They think khat and BM are two different thing and learning khat does not really helps on students' BM.

Dongzong also oppose the way to learn khat. Education minister claimed that they only introduce khat but not Jawi. But In the syllabus, students are required to identify, read and write Malay simpulan Bahasa in Jawi. Dongzong thinks that this is not like what education minister claimed - learning khat, but it is actually learning Jawi.

Dongzong's appeal is actually very detailed. They think very througly about this issue, down to the practical level.
It is ashamed that the Malay and English news did not cover this part and instead gave a general coverage.
It’s reported in the English news actually (e.g. the Malay mail, online 10 Aug). Still, it’s not a big deal since it’s just a few lessons. But agree that it may not be a very useful subject to the students future as compared to maybe other subjects such as mental arithmetic.

This post has been edited by darrenboy: Aug 15 2019, 08:54 AM
TheReaderReads
post Aug 15 2019, 08:08 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

Khat is art
syazwan
post Aug 15 2019, 08:09 AM

Casual
446 posts

Id be glad if mazlee can introduce basic mandarin or tamil for my kids..and im a malay

Lul u guys are weird

WallMaker
post Aug 15 2019, 08:18 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(syazwan @ Aug 15 2019, 08:09 AM)
Id be glad if mazlee can introduce basic mandarin or tamil for my kids..and im a malay

Lul u guys are weird
Because mandarin is useful. While khat is not. 🤷‍♂️
Chowda
post Aug 15 2019, 08:18 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

It is not a wrong reason depending on where you live, we in East Malaysia have no use for Jawi at all. Nil.

Our teachers who are not trained to teach this script would either require training or Peninsular teachers to come over. We have cases where bumi students were forcifully converted, I say the people have ample reason to fear islamization especially under this joke of a education minister
hazremi
post Aug 15 2019, 08:25 AM

1million people saved this avatar bcoz she's too cute!
5,672 posts

no harm learning jawi..chinese can learn to read bible in jawi also...
syazwan
post Aug 15 2019, 08:27 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(WallMaker @ Aug 15 2019, 08:18 AM)
Because mandarin is useful. While khat is not. 🤷‍♂️
What u see useful for u doesnt necessarily means useful for the rest. Art was never my favourite subject either. Hence im ok if my kids learn those 2 languages or something new. I end up my degree having to take mandarin language in my course but yeah whatever floats your boat.

Im pure science students in my 2ndary school and no one from my classmates end up as doctor.

How abt add maths? How many accountants use add maths in their daily task?

If u deem knowledge is not important then good luck to ur kids.

Thank gosh atleast u still wont understand what cha ya nun alif means then laugh.gif

moiskyrie
post Aug 15 2019, 08:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,990 posts

Dong zong only know how to rebut chairman seat....
WallMaker
post Aug 15 2019, 08:33 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(syazwan @ Aug 15 2019, 08:27 AM)
What u see useful for u doesnt necessarily means useful for the rest. Art was never my favourite subject either. Hence im ok if my kids learn those 2 languages or something new. I end up my degree having to take mandarin language in my course but yeah whatever floats your boat.

Im pure science students in my 2ndary school and no one from my classmates end up as doctor.

How abt add maths? How many accountants use add maths in their daily task?

If u deem knowledge is not important then good luck to ur kids.

Thank gosh atleast u still wont understand what cha ya nun alif means then laugh.gif
Accountant doesn't need add maths. But it's a base for you to further study on subject require maths knowledge. Of course not require to be use in daily life.

But still can't see how can we apply the khat knowledge in real life.
Relaxing work
post Aug 15 2019, 08:37 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(darrenboy @ Aug 15 2019, 12:07 AM)

+1
I also learned JAWI in school long time ago.
No issue at all, It does not make me less Chinese and does not convert me to Muslim.
Just part of BM subject in school.

SUSprince12
post Aug 15 2019, 08:39 AM

46 posts

QUOTE(WallMaker @ Aug 15 2019, 08:33 AM)
Accountant doesn't need add maths. But it's a base for you to further study on subject require maths knowledge. Of course not require to be use in daily life.

Agreed,don't see any usefulness of this script in real life
StarScream01
post Aug 15 2019, 08:43 AM

Getting Started
73 posts

Let's introduce compulsory Chinese calligraphy 6 pages and tamil script 6 pages also while we are at it. It shouldn't be any issue what. No exam, only art. Multiracial country mah..... Everyone should learn the cultural beauty of other races
syazwan
post Aug 15 2019, 08:43 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(WallMaker @ Aug 15 2019, 08:33 AM)

U just contradict yourself.

Accountant doesnt need addmaths so why so many students from science stream ..took add maths only to realize when applying college for accountancy course suddenly the subject not useful?

Hence knowledge is knowledge.

Pjk aka as football session (in most schools)also not important as i did not end up as a footballer either.

syazwan
post Aug 15 2019, 08:44 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(StarScream01 @ Aug 15 2019, 08:43 AM)
Let's introduce compulsory Chinese calligraphy 6 pages and tamil script 6 pages also while we are at it. It shouldn't be any issue what. No exam, only art. Multiracial country mah..... Everyone should learn the cultural beauty of other races
I am extremely agree with this.
In fact i hope there is a subject for it

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0201sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:47 AM