Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Used Car vs New Car, Why new, why used debate

views

TheOnly
post Aug 14 2019, 10:38 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

i'm glad there are so many 2nd hand buyers la, if not where got people want to accept "trade-in's" after 3-5 years of using my cars?

sitescope
post Aug 14 2019, 11:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

How to buy new car if everyday go opis ride kapcai / lrt
Car park until can see spider web wooo

TSJ1@l_ l_l l\l
post Aug 14 2019, 11:14 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

Would you mind if the previous owner used the vehicle as casket or coffin carrier. Some are using godcar van to do this and eventually sell it off.
19 Degree South
post Aug 14 2019, 11:14 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

Simple la...id no one buy new car then where got used cars for u ppl to buy? Simple logic !
mushigen
post Aug 14 2019, 11:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

Moral hazard.
TSJ1@l_ l_l l\l
post Aug 15 2019, 12:05 AM

Getting Started
288 posts

If one can really afford to buy that model, are those factors like pricing difference, frequency of usage, resale value (most godcar owners), really matter?

If can't afford, any reason trying to financially stretch yourself?

Unless it's collector's item which is no longer in production, that's exception.
6UE5T
post Aug 15 2019, 12:45 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Aug 14 2019, 11:14 PM)
Would you mind if the previous owner used the vehicle as casket or coffin carrier. Some are using godcar van to do this and eventually sell it off.
Don't care coz don't know!

QUOTE(J1@l_ l_l l\l @ Aug 15 2019, 12:05 AM)
If one can really afford to buy that model, are those factors like pricing difference, frequency of usage, resale value (most godcar owners), really matter?

If can't afford, any reason trying to financially stretch yourself?

Unless it's collector's item which is no longer in production, that's exception.
Price difference is always a factor in buying things if you got a few options. Usage frequency is to match with the purpose of buying the car, you want as daily or occasional use and whether the car you like can fit both or either of those usage. RV depends on how willing you are to take the loss. If the car you like to buy also got good RV then that's the best but RV to me is not the highest priority even though it's important to consider. For some others RV is the main factor so they only like cars with good RV.

Never financially stretch just to buy cars coz cars is a luxury, that's why I buy used cars coz value for money. One very important consideration in choosing cars though is whether you can afford the maintenance and operational cost. If you cannot then you cannot afford it even though initially you have money just to buy. So buy a car that you can afford both in terms of initial purchase price and operational cost, whether it's new or used.

This post has been edited by 6UE5T: Aug 15 2019, 12:47 AM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:39 AM