Casual
428 posts

get a manual axia, buy with cash, only about 23-24k
Kevin Tanmol P
post Aug 15 2019, 05:52 PM

Probation
2 posts

[quote=annon0192,Aug 13 2019, 04:59 PM]
Hi, I am considering to buy my very 1st car. I am considering the new Saga Premium AT and Bezza Premium X. But my uncles advising me to buy 2nd hand car to keep my commitment low. Btw, the car only will use for daily city drive from home to MRT station only. Any advises? Thanks confused.gif

[/quote]

[/QUOTE]For those who values ride comfort, the new Saga offers a superior ride comfort over the Bezza. Similar to the Myvi, the Bezza’s ride is considerably harsher, while handling is nothing to write home about.

The new Saga is also the cheapest new sedan on the market right now (RM 39,800) to offer stability control and traction control. The only Bezza variant to offer stability control and traction control is the Bezza 1.3 Advance, which is an extra RM 8,000 over the Saga.

In fact, for taller drivers, we reckon that the Saga is a better option as it comes with steering wheel height adjustment, making it easier to adjust the steering wheel for a more relaxed driving position. The steering wheel on the Bezza is fixed.

However, the Bezza claws back with its superior fuel economy, courtesy of its Dual VVT-i engine and lighter curb weight. Perodua says that the Bezza can return up to 22 km/l with its Eco Idle (Engine start/stop), while Proton has yet to release fuel consumption figures of the new Saga. This comes at a cost, as battery replacement for Bezza models with Eco Idle is more expensive than the Saga (about RM 300 for AGM-type batteries).

In terms of practicality, the Bezza offers a thoughtful ‘handbag hook’ located on the side of the front passenger seat. At 508 litres, the Bezza’s boot space is also considerably more than the Saga’s 420 litres.

Similar to other Perodua models (except the Aruz), the Bezza’s air-conditioning system is a multi-blower type, capable of directing cool air to the front passenger’s foot well or the windshield. The Saga’s air-conditioning system is a single mode blower that blows cool air to the front passengers.

Last but certainly not the least, the Perodua Bezza has better residual value and comparatively better after-sales support.

Saga vs Bezzahttps://www.wapcar.my/news/info/249
Kevin Tanmol P
post Aug 15 2019, 06:03 PM

Probation
2 posts

One more thing, What's New With The New Proton Saga?

For starters, the front grille now features Proton’s ‘Infinite Weave’ motif, first found on the X70. The new Saga is the fourth model after the X70, Iriz, and Persona to don the new grille.

Apart from the ‘Infinite Weave’ front grille, the new Saga also features a chrome strip that connects both headlights.

At the bottom of each end of the front bumper are LED daytime running lights, which previously housed the front foglights. The LED daytime running lights are exclusive to the Premium AT variant of the new Saga.

Towards the side of the new Saga are a new set of 15-inch alloy wheels

with five twin-spoke design.

As for the rear end, Proton has removed the emblem that was positioned on the boot garnish, replacing it with the Proton inscription, similar to the Iriz, Persona, X70, and Exora.

The Saga inscription has also been relocated to the bottom right of the boot, while the VVT inscription has been omitted, giving the boot a cleaner look.

Proton has also removed the key hole for opening the boot, as the new Saga now features remote trunk release.

The rear bumper is now more intricate than the older model, now with a more convincing-looking rear diffuser piece with a chrome strip at the very bottom. The rear fog lamp has been removed as well.

Moving inside, the Premium AT variant gets a new floating 7-inch touchscreen display.

Unlike its stablemates, the new Saga does not get the “Hi Proton” voice command system. Nor does the system support internet connectivity.

But it still gets EasyConnection for mirroring your smartphone’s display onto the head unit. We wished Proton offered Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on this lovely display though.

The reverse camera now outputs its video stream to the new head unit, instead of the tiny display in the rear view mirror. Video resolution also appears to have been improved.

New head unit aside, Proton has changed the headliner with a new tricot material, and the grab handles are now damped.

The sunvisor has also been improved, as it can now function as a card holder as well.

We also like how the new map light looks now, as it gives the affordable Saga an upmarket touch.

The meter cluster is also new, as the new Saga now shares its meter cluster with the Iriz, Persona, and Exora. Texts are easier to read and the segmented LCD multi info display is capable of displaying more information than the old meter cluster.

Another small but important update we noticed is the inclusion of carpet hooks for the front passengers. Yes, even the Saga now gets carpet hooks to securely hold the carpets in place.

Safety kit has also been improved as ABS, EBD, and BA are now standard across the range. The Premium AT gets the addition of stability control, traction control, and hill hold assist. Airbag count remains at 2 across the range.

Last but certainly not the least, the new Saga also gets improved and stronger brakes from the Iriz/Persona duo.

new saga vs old saga

cococonutseller
post Aug 15 2019, 06:50 PM

Getting Started
133 posts

Whats rhe distance? Less than 8KM?

Used axia
amad108
post Aug 18 2019, 06:54 AM

remember the name
866 posts

QUOTE(arza04 @ Aug 14 2019, 10:58 AM)
I think he mentioned bezza premium X which only 2-3k higher than saga premium
Premium X dont have Traction Control and ESC right?
While saga all standard IINM
axsatr
post Aug 18 2019, 07:03 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

If I’m not mistaken
Perodua has an official used car dealer

It’s in Perodua Sentral, it’s called POV
Go check them out instead

Sure the cars there are all 100% in good shape, no need to worry too much on the condition (if you’re not experienced enough in getting used cars)
axsatr
post Aug 18 2019, 07:06 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Aug 18 2019, 06:54 AM)
Premium X dont have Traction Control and ESC right?
While saga all standard IINM
Only premium saga has ESC
amad108
post Aug 18 2019, 07:10 AM

remember the name
866 posts

QUOTE(axsatr @ Aug 18 2019, 07:06 AM)
Only premium saga has ESC
Seem not worth it w/o ESC and TC. It does help when driver lost control its car especially during wet road..
axsatr
post Aug 18 2019, 07:22 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Aug 18 2019, 07:10 AM)
Seem not worth it w/o ESC and TC. It does help when driver lost control its car especially during wet road..
Yeah agreed, it’s an important safety feature
Especially with today’s fast/reckless drivers
jlkh760830
post Aug 18 2019, 01:22 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(annon0192 @ Aug 13 2019, 04:59 PM)
Hi, I am considering to buy my very 1st car. I am considering the new Saga Premium AT and Bezza Premium X. But my uncles advising me to buy 2nd hand car to keep my commitment low. Btw, the car only will use for daily city drive from home to MRT station only. Any advises? Thanks confused.gif
For my opinion,,
The new design of new FL saga are more temptation compares to Perodua Bezza ... Why 👇 ...

user posted image
This is why .... 😍
RagingBalls
post Aug 18 2019, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(axsatr @ Aug 18 2019, 07:03 AM)
If I’m not mistaken
Perodua has an official used car dealer

It’s in Perodua Sentral, it’s called POV
Go check them out instead

Sure the cars there are all 100% in good shape, no need to worry too much on the condition (if you’re not experienced enough in getting used cars)
I find that the prices of used cars at POV showrooms are almost like new car prices.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0688sec    1.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 03:46 AM