82 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

I just bought Tesla..., shares

views

TSkelvinlym
post Oct 4 2019, 02:29 PM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

Tesla delivered record 97k cars last quarter.

Source ir.tesla.com

I will be adding more shares to my portfolio once I free up some liquidity and get my dividends from other stocks. Q3 looks like will record a small EPS negative.
RichardN
post Oct 4 2019, 02:39 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Aug 13 2019, 04:49 PM)
user posted image

Brings my total to 200 shares with avg buy price of USD237.95/share.

Five years later I'll either be on my yacht sipping Yamazaki whisky or still be working my ass off.

Either way, will still be in /k
Current you already own the yacht or u going to buy a yacht with the profit of this 200 tesla share?

If u mean buy a yacht in next 5 years using this 200 shares... dreaming ba??? what u expect it to grow? 50x?? 100x??

If u already have the yacht and what u going to buy is Yamazaki, then makes sense
TSkelvinlym
post Oct 4 2019, 08:05 PM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(RichardN @ Oct 4 2019, 02:39 PM)
Current you already own the yacht or u going to buy a yacht with the profit of this 200 tesla share?

If u mean buy a yacht in next 5 years using this 200 shares... dreaming ba??? what u expect it to grow? 50x?? 100x??
If u already have the yacht and what u going to buy is Yamazaki, then makes sense
Don't be so serious, it's just a metaphorical yacht.

I'm not stopping at 200 shares though.
thesnake
post Oct 4 2019, 09:46 PM

On my way
552 posts

if somebody can teach how to buy US stocks will be helpful
SUSPerfect.Stranger
post Oct 5 2019, 08:24 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(thesnake @ Oct 4 2019, 10:46 PM)
if somebody can teach how to buy US stocks will be helpful
If one open hsbc premier then proceed to open another account in hsbc US via global access, can it be done?

earshore
post Oct 24 2019, 07:29 AM

Getting Started
274 posts

user posted image

Five years later I'll either be on my yacht sipping Yamazaki whisky or still be working my ass off.

Surge to USD 300 last night

26% UP
notworthy.gif

please share more sifu
TSkelvinlym
post Oct 24 2019, 08:55 AM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(earshore @ Oct 24 2019, 07:29 AM)
Surge to USD 300 last night

26% UP
notworthy.gif

please share more sifu
I just woke up to this.

user posted image

We'll see how it closes today.

Reading through the reports it seems that YOY revenue has declined. That's the only thing that I'll have to figure out if it'll be worrying. Otherwise everything else seems positive. This is even before Shanghai factory opens! Can't wait for Model Y!
BlurGuy1992
post Oct 24 2019, 08:59 AM

Getting Started
254 posts

which brokerage you use? I only have KLSE, but so far bursa is not performing well these 2years, might not restrict myself on malaysia only anymore just because I am Malaysian..
persona93
post Oct 24 2019, 09:04 AM

Regular
1,164 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Oct 24 2019, 08:55 AM)
I just woke up to this.

user posted image

Reading through the reports it seems that YOY revenue has declined. That's the only thing that I'll have to figure out if it'll be worrying. Otherwise everything else seems positive. This is even before Shanghai factory opens! Can't wait for Model Y!
fuyooo didn't know there was a Model Y
TSkelvinlym
post Oct 24 2019, 09:18 AM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(BlurGuy1992 @ Oct 24 2019, 08:59 AM)
which brokerage you use? I only have KLSE, but so far bursa is not performing well these 2years, might not restrict myself on malaysia only anymore just because I am Malaysian..
I am with Deutsche.

Yeah, I've told everyone who asked to broaden their investment horizon. Bursa is not for buy and hold investors like me. It is too small, with low volumes thus very easily manipulated by a small group. It's also rife with insider trading and dubious manipulation. Not many Malaysian companies are as innovative as those in US and EU. Therefore it's harder to find a worthwhile investment.

This picture says it all.

user posted image
SUSNachiino Etamay
post Oct 24 2019, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

user posted image

i dont think tesla can go about USD4000/share.... so at most also 20x the value.

i might be wrong though.

I am positive on tesla

and i hope they start opening up to Malaysia. I know our government are idiots to subsidise ICE cars.... but urgh...we really need this for our long term future!
khelben
post Oct 24 2019, 09:29 AM

I love my mum & dad
6,024 posts

QUOTE(persona93 @ Oct 24 2019, 09:04 AM)
fuyooo didn't know there was a Model Y
There are models S, 3, X and Y to make it S3XY.
TSkelvinlym
post Oct 24 2019, 09:37 AM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(Nachiino Etamay @ Oct 24 2019, 09:23 AM)
i dont think tesla can go about USD4000/share.... so at most also 20x the value.

i might be wrong though.
I am positive on tesla

and i hope they start opening up to Malaysia. I know our government are idiots to subsidise ICE cars.... but urgh...we really need this for our long term future!
20x was almost USD4000 when Tesla was at the USD200 level a few months ago.

I agree with your opinion. My next car will be an EV or I will not buy another car.
Strike
post Oct 24 2019, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

srsly as a malaysian can only dream tesla

have to be murican richfag like zack hitman can only own one. support in murican
TSkelvinlym
post Oct 24 2019, 09:47 AM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(Strike @ Oct 24 2019, 09:40 AM)
srsly as a malaysian can only dream tesla
have to be murican richfag like zack hitman can only own one. support in murican
A base Model 3 is roughly USD35k before taxes. If our country is open for EV adoption. It is still very affordable.

Furthermore, the Malaysia's favorite topic of RV is also moot as Tesla retains its value the best among competitors. Just do a quick Google search.

SUSNachiino Etamay
post Oct 24 2019, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Oct 24 2019, 09:37 AM)
20x was almost USD4000 when Tesla was at the USD200 level a few months ago.

I agree with your opinion. My next car will be an EV or I will not buy another car.
yeah. but u need stars to allign for tesla to be USD4000

- honda/traditional car makers continue to be idiots and delay their engine/power train research
- waymo/other self-driving AI continue to be idiots and stick with lidar and fkin simulators
- governments start to smarten up and embrace electric vehicles and solar
- human being starts to smarten up and stop believing mainstream news

i think there are too many stars here that needs to allign

If you look at the world now, the world is full of idiots. so honda and traditional carmakers AND waymo/ai companies being idiots is a given and is a good assumption

but government letting go of their ICE/ONG industry? i dont see that. human beings softening up to electric vehicles WITHOUT trying them? i also dont see that.

Look at people here. the roadster, model S and model 3 are now actually road-safe cars which has sports level performance and acceleration, yet most of the people in the world thinks ev users will get electrocuted in a flood, its slow like a golf cart, charging is a hastle, and battery life is low, and that i will get stuck in EV, and that there is no charging stations, etc.

Too many idiots in the world...so i dont think tesla will go that far. you literally need people to smarten up...which is an impossibility. Stupidity is an unlimited renewable resource, and the world, especially Malaysia, has an abundance of it.
Krv23490
post Oct 24 2019, 09:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,150 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Oct 24 2019, 08:55 AM)
I just woke up to this.

user posted image

Congrats on holding it! any others you are holding ? I been holding amazon since 700s, hopefully good earnings from them, from the look at MSFT's earnings, cloud growth seems to slow down a little
TSkelvinlym
post Oct 24 2019, 10:52 AM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(Nachiino Etamay @ Oct 24 2019, 09:47 AM)
yeah. but u need stars to allign for tesla to be USD4000

- honda/traditional car makers continue to be idiots and delay their engine/power train research
- waymo/other self-driving AI continue to be idiots and stick with lidar and fkin simulators
- governments start to smarten up and embrace electric vehicles and solar
- human being starts to smarten up and stop believing mainstream news

i think there are too many stars here that needs to allign

If you look at the world now, the world is full of idiots. so honda and traditional carmakers AND waymo/ai companies being idiots is a given and is a good assumption

but government letting go of their ICE/ONG industry? i dont see that.  human beings softening up to electric vehicles WITHOUT trying them? i also dont see that.

Look at people here. the roadster, model S and model 3 are now actually road-safe cars which has sports level performance and acceleration, yet most of the people in the world thinks ev users will get electrocuted in a flood, its slow like a golf cart, charging is a hastle, and battery life is low, and that i will get stuck in EV, and that there is no charging stations, etc.

Too many idiots in the world...so i dont think tesla will go that far. you literally need people to smarten up...which is an impossibility. Stupidity is an unlimited renewable resource, and the world, especially Malaysia, has an abundance of it.
USD4000 per share puts their market cap to USD700b which is unprecedented in the automotive sector, but not unachievable in the tech and energy sector. Tesla is far from a traditional automaker. It has the energy business and it's leading in autonomous driving (tech leader).

-governments are warming up to EVs looking at the trends. China, US and EU has been an advocate of EV for some time now. That change is coming and if Malaysia or our region do not realise that, it'll be too late.

-people are sheep, yes. However, as EV adoption grows and the technology advances, mindsets will change. Mark my words.

In short, many stars need to align, but I am confident the chances of the stars aligning are very high.
kaiserreich
post Oct 24 2019, 10:53 AM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(Nachiino Etamay @ Oct 24 2019, 09:23 AM)

i might be wrong though.
I am positive on tesla

Tesla was hiring some support staff based in Penang recently

Went makan nearby and saw some groups with tesla lanyard showing off.
TSkelvinlym
post Oct 24 2019, 10:57 AM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(Krv23490 @ Oct 24 2019, 09:50 AM)
Congrats on holding it! any others you are holding ? I been holding amazon since 700s, hopefully good earnings from them, from the look at MSFT's earnings, cloud growth seems to slow down a little
I'm holding many others. Most notable is MSFT (up 555%) since 2009-2010, Accenture (up 206%) since 2011 and AAPL (up 224%) since 2012.

My US stock are all positive but other regions ex Brazil are underperforming.

I missed the Amazon bandwagon since I only started investing in 2009. I didn't have much capital at that time and AMZN was risky for me at that time.

I hold stock for a fairly long time and only sell to rebalance or if the business fundamentally changes or went against my initial thesis.

Congrats to you too!

82 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:35 PM