I prefer AMD.
TSkelvinlym
post Aug 19 2019, 07:08 PM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(tshin810 @ Aug 19 2019, 06:06 PM)
gonna be roller coaster.
I prefer AMD.
I don't fancy semiconductor stocks because I don't know much about the Intel and AMD rivalry and I'm not well versed with the chip tech.

What I had last time was shares in ARM. They license their tech for highly efficient processors. I saw potential because I was working in Nokia and then Continental, where the product architects were pushing for lower power consumption. I saw Intel and AMD only pushing for power whereas their low powered chips were not competitive.

Then I sold it before Brexit for some gains. Then Softbank acquired ARM, where if I held on, I would have made at least 20% more. Well, live and learn. Never sell stock in a company due to political turmoil, only if it will affect the business fundamentally.
urnicksux2
post Aug 19 2019, 07:16 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

can buy another present for ur birthday 5 years later and new signature photo

SonnyCooL
post Aug 19 2019, 07:20 PM

Web Bastard
5,957 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Aug 13 2019, 04:55 PM)
No risk no fun.

But seriously though, I see tremendous potential in the company and its products.
they need new CEO to run and sales, demand is there but they can't delivered n ceo is too busy with other staff ....
TSkelvinlym
post Aug 19 2019, 07:23 PM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(urnicksux2 @ Aug 19 2019, 07:16 PM)
can buy another present for ur birthday 5 years later and new signature photo
I hope so lol. I'm not into material things so much nowadays. I'm hoping to be stronger financially, so that I can support my family without needing to work anymore.

My current passive income only enough for myself.
ilovepussycats
post Aug 19 2019, 07:28 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Aug 19 2019, 07:23 PM)
I hope so lol. I'm not into material things so much nowadays. I'm hoping to be stronger financially, so that I can support my family without needing to work anymore.

My current passive income only enough for myself.
How old r u ? From what i read from your comments, you are one savvy investor. Good luck btw!
keyibukeyi
post Aug 19 2019, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

so do you buy lottery ticket?
TSkelvinlym
post Aug 19 2019, 08:13 PM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(ilovepussycats @ Aug 19 2019, 07:28 PM)
How old r u ? From what i read from your comments, you are one savvy investor. Good luck btw!
I'm 36.

QUOTE(keyibukeyi @ Aug 19 2019, 07:39 PM)
so do you buy lottery ticket?
Only once a year. Germany has a New Years lottery where the odds are 1:250000 to win 1 million Euros for EUR10 a ticket. I can buy online because I still have my address there lol. I'm not much of a gambler because I'm just too logical in my thinking. The New Years lottery is my only vice.
accitzone
post Aug 19 2019, 08:14 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Aug 13 2019, 04:49 PM)
user posted image

Brings my total to 200 shares with avg buy price of USD237.95/share.

Five years later I'll either be on my yacht sipping Yamazaki whisky or still be working my ass off.

Either way, will still be in /k
Nvidia?

What's your view on WeWork....

Gonna buy their IPO?

This post has been edited by accitzone: Aug 19 2019, 08:15 PM
TSkelvinlym
post Aug 19 2019, 08:51 PM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(accitzone @ Aug 19 2019, 08:14 PM)
Nvidia?

What's your view on WeWork....

Gonna buy their IPO?
Im not well-versed in Nvidia but I see their products as a consumer niche. I'm not too keen on these kinda products because they have to put so much money into something that may be obsolete in a year. Their products are slowly becoming more of a service rather something a consumer would buy. Think cloud gaming. Consumers will slowly transition to paying a subscription to gaming rather than pay a high cost for something that may be obsolete in a year. Their chips are promising for autonomous driving though.

As for Wework, I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole. Their business model is so easy to replicate. See the proliferation of shared spaces even in Malaysia. Furthermore, their investment costs are very high and their users are not sticky. They sign multi year leases and tie up their money while their customers can cancel their contract at a whim. They are also very vulnerable to a recession. Imagine if next year there is a recession, they still have to pay the lease while their customers can just cancel. They also may have a scale problem because expanding to other countries will comprise of local cultures and tastes problem, increased manpower, lower revenue etc. Example iPhone sells for almost the same price everywhere but rental varies significantly in different countries.
earshore
post Aug 19 2019, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

@kelvinlym

thank you for sharing sifu. Eye opening read.
accitzone
post Aug 19 2019, 09:49 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Aug 19 2019, 08:51 PM)
Im not well-versed in Nvidia but I see their products as a consumer niche. I'm not too keen on these kinda products because they have to put so much money into something that may be obsolete in a year. Their products are slowly becoming more of a service rather something a consumer would buy. Think cloud gaming. Consumers will slowly transition to paying a subscription to gaming rather than pay a high cost for something that may be obsolete in a year. Their chips are promising for autonomous driving though.

As for Wework, I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole. Their business model is so easy to replicate. See the proliferation of shared spaces even in Malaysia. Furthermore, their investment costs are very high and their users are not sticky. They sign multi year leases and tie up their money while their customers can cancel their contract at a whim. They are also very vulnerable to a recession. Imagine if next year there is a recession, they still have to pay the lease while their customers can just cancel. They also may have a scale problem because expanding to other countries will comprise of local cultures and tastes problem, increased manpower, lower revenue etc. Example iPhone sells for almost the same price everywhere but rental varies significantly in different countries.
Nice POV. thanks bro...

TSkelvinlym
post Aug 20 2019, 01:50 PM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

More good news on Tesla.

Bloomberg wrote that so-called "Tesla Killers" are having a really hard time killing Tesla.

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...c-car-dominance

user posted image

New 2019 models can't even sell more units than the older Teslas. Plus they are putting tonnes of money in marketing, whereas Tesla invests zero in marketing. Furthermore, they are not even keeping pace with the numbers that Model X was selling when it launched.

This is what I like with a stock. Their product sells itself, they are years ahead of the competition, and the competition TODAY can't even keep up with where they were when they started. It's like Apple with the iPhone all over again.
Ayambetul
post Aug 20 2019, 01:59 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

Why not boeing
ChAOoz
post Aug 20 2019, 02:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,272 posts

ELON MUSK - Buy his stuff when it's small and sell when it's big, especially if he is CEO.

This guy is a lone producer that work well with small team and getting big idea to realization.

But on business execution he is all over the place man, Tesla has so much potential but he gotta let go the reign man.
TSkelvinlym
post Aug 20 2019, 02:17 PM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(ChAOoz @ Aug 20 2019, 02:11 PM)
ELON MUSK - Buy his stuff when it's small and sell when it's big, especially if he is CEO.

This guy is a lone producer that work well with small team and getting big idea to realization.

But on business execution he is all over the place man, Tesla has so much potential but he gotta let go the reign man.
Yes, I agree. When the market cap reaches 200mil and if he still micro manages or doesn't let go of the reins, I'll very likely reduce my holdings.
shirohamada
post Aug 20 2019, 05:00 PM

Enthusiast
944 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Aug 19 2019, 07:08 PM)
I don't fancy semiconductor stocks because I don't know much about the Intel and AMD rivalry and I'm not well versed with the chip tech.

What I had last time was shares in ARM. They license their tech for highly efficient processors. I saw potential because I was working in Nokia and then Continental, where the product architects were pushing for lower power consumption. I saw Intel and AMD only pushing for power whereas their low powered chips were not competitive.

Then I sold it before Brexit for some gains. Then Softbank acquired ARM, where if I held on, I would have made at least 20% more. Well, live and learn. Never sell stock in a company due to political turmoil, only if it will affect the business fundamentally.
Buy amd.
Intel can't compete.
In the next few quarters they will go up when server sales come in.
TSkelvinlym
post Aug 20 2019, 06:33 PM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

QUOTE(shirohamada @ Aug 20 2019, 05:00 PM)
Buy amd.
Intel can't compete.
In the next few quarters they will go up when server sales come in.
Go ahead then. I'm not an expert in the industry so I still need more data. How much have you invested?
TSkelvinlym
post Aug 30 2019, 08:32 AM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

Tesla just launched its insurance in California. I don't think the insurance business could bring much to the company's bottom line, but it could help in pushing buyers to buy the autonomous package as it gives them discounts on the insurance premium.
galaxy_2088
post Aug 30 2019, 09:44 AM

18 posts

82 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:45 AM