Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

new budget ryzen pc build comment, vs intel

views

RViN
post Aug 13 2019, 12:20 PM

There Is Only One United
5,779 posts

The Strix board is pretty bad hardware wise compared to some others.

The best seems to be the MSI B450 Tomahawk, however like another poster said above its having a lot of issues with the BIOS stability. Reading comments on Reddit people seem to be saying that MSI support is telling them to return the boards for the Tomahawk MAX models which come pre-built with Zen2/Ryzen3xxx support.

Not sure if the Max boards have reached Malaysia though.

The 3600 is a far better buy than the i5, the extra cores come in handy even if you only use the computer for gaming since you'll have stuff running in the background anyway. The computer will remain more responsive.

Anyway not sure if a 120mm radiator will perform better than a mid range air cooler? Check that out a bit more, a 240mm AIO might be a better idea.
RViN
post Aug 14 2019, 10:33 AM

There Is Only One United
5,779 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Aug 14 2019, 03:15 AM)
i read some other issue with asus rog B450 as well after latest bios update,probably the next update will iron out the issue
i'm choosing the rog mainly for the audio chip and ROG aesthetics,i'm not overclocking much.
i wonder should i stretch my budget and go for the full fat x570 but damn they're expensive right now
i read the cm ml120l perform better than similar price air cooler, the only issue is 120mm radiator will looks damn kosong in pc-011 case, in fact even 240mm rad will still not look perfect in that case,only 360mm rad will fill up the space nicely but 360 too expensive and overkill for non overclocker like me,a bit of a dilemma
You might find this interesting:

Can always stick with the stock cooler for now then get a bigger one second hand maybe.

As for overclocking, with the Ryzen 3rd gen you can just turn on PBO+AutoOC in the BIOS and then it will boost as high as it can go as long as there's thermal headroom. Better cooler = more headroom. Of course as with all overclocking the returns may not be worth the investment but since you're getting a better cooler for aesthetics may as well factor in the performance also.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:08 PM