Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Reclaiming my pets from PAWS Animal Welfare

views

TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 12 2019, 12:34 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
150 posts

hi ly forumers, i need your help and advice. my story is an absurd one. i have 3 cats and 1 dog living with me and my gf family (i live in her house). last week I went outstation and when I returned, my gf mother already sent those 3 cats and 1 dog to PAWS.

I immediately go to PAWS and tried to reclaim them but was denied by PAWS. They say those now are PAWS property and they need to vaccinate/neutered them (my pets already vaccinated halfway but my gf mom knows nothing and just surrender those cats to them as stray), then only can be put back up for adoption 1 month+ later. I found it ridiculous and extremely hard to leave my pets there for 1 month+ with no guarantee of their safety. Even after doing the required procedure of vaccinate/neutered, they don't promise me, I will be the no1 priority to take back them. They will just do their work according to so call procedure (vaccinate, neutered, adopt) and thats it.

Now there's a willing owner that can reduce their shelter burden and they don't want to let me reclaim those pets because it's not according to procedure. And it seems my dog already been put to sleep sad.gif because I can't find my dog there and they admit they put a sleep to a shih tzu. But when see picture they say it's not him.

It's a torture to wait day by day, not knowing whether my cats and dog will die / missing there or not. Is there any way to put pressure on them to give me back my pets? Or also some legal way? I have been pestering them daily but I can't get back my pets. So I have no choice but to ask around now.

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Aug 12 2019, 01:33 PM
TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 12 2019, 10:48 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(Justin Jack$on @ Aug 12 2019, 05:05 PM)
Why your gf's mother did that?
because not everyone is angel. ppl heart and behavior can really surprised you.

QUOTE(ipohmali70 @ Aug 12 2019, 08:53 PM)
More interestingly, why are you living with your girlfriend together with her family in their house, and moreover with your 3 cats and a dog?
long story, this is not main point though. not the right channel to talk about this too unfortunately.

QUOTE(Divou @ Aug 12 2019, 10:22 PM)
WTF, they rather put those pets to sleep than being adopted ? Only real dog lovers would go there to adopt,, so was no excuse for them to disallow any adoption.
ya, that's why i'm pissed. he say because the dog is suffering from kidney sickness, so have to put to sleep. they didnt even give chance for the dog to hope for adopter. yes, the dog has kidney problem, but i don't see him suffer at all. hopefully is not my dog cause he say not same as picture. will try find again tomorrow.

if you read review in google, there's also a dog put to sleep just because of skin rash. haih.
TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 13 2019, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(Divou @ Aug 13 2019, 04:03 AM)
You cannot recognise your own dog ?
no pic see my dog. i give dog to staff see and he say bukan.

QUOTE(hirano @ Aug 13 2019, 02:08 PM)
More importantly, have u fucuk downside up the gf's mum who gave your pets away without your permission?
QUOTE(bakry @ Aug 13 2019, 02:15 PM)
break with your gf.

if gf mom is like that..ur gf how?
my fire raging but once i done according to emotion, do you think i can married her daughter? anyway, there's a lot of story behind, and this is not main priority, and i also living back at my own house liao.

Updates:- Today I tried to get them back again. But still fail sad.gif Policy is policy, really what the @^%$^. Like Khmer Prison Camp, go in, if lucky can come out la after neutered (fyi, you need not to be sick for neutured, but if live there, how to not sick and be best condition to neutered? ), otherwise see fate lo mati or not. I really really doubt what mission is the shelter aiming. I tried police report legal way, but police say stray no certificate, there's not much chance I can win. Polis listen liao also want to help but he also clueless what to do liao.

Also, my dog has unfortunately gone to heaven liao. Hope he can have a feast this ghost festival. The dog already doomed when sent to the shelter. Clearly said will put to sleep immediately, and that mom agree. Technically speaking, the dog belongs to them. But I grew feeling on him, taking him pee, providing food to him daily for years because no one care except my gf. Take selfie post insta, pandai la. Mau makan or pee, no ppl bothered.

I'm completely broken. I tried all my ways of getting them out but failed. One of my cat refused to eat since there and in weak/dying state. They rather let her die under their custody than give back to me (because it is against policy to give to me without neutered). shit or not. I can only be keyboard warrior and hope they survived their neutered and I get back my cats.

I also bump into this talking how unfriendly those staff are, so I have given up negotiation with them because it's the same old stone cold wall reply.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2351567/all

TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 13 2019, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(bakry @ Aug 13 2019, 04:18 PM)
so how? possible for someone to get the cats first? then give to you?
not possible. their policy is all cats must be neutured before can be adopted. i unable take back cat even though i promise i will neutured them with black and white record and whatever crap.

problem is. cat in not good condition, neutured will be dangerous. and living there how to be in good condition. hai

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Aug 13 2019, 04:47 PM
TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 13 2019, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(pmaxv @ Aug 13 2019, 04:19 PM)
Sounds to me you just have to pay for their neutering to get them back.
i want pay them and get back now they also dun let.
TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 13 2019, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(bakry @ Aug 13 2019, 04:55 PM)
ok. cant you talk to them, you will pay for the neutering, and chup the cats first. if u cant talk to the paws staff there, call their hq?
talk liao. they don't let. their attitude is like this is our property. we do what we set up to do according to policy. u dun kacau us do our job by bending the rule and you have no right because paper sign already.

tried find the highest ranking there but he not available... see this thread, i also bosan liao, doubt i can talk win. exactly same attitude as describe as with those staff. is there any hq? i can't find.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2351567/all
TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 13 2019, 05:35 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(bakry @ Aug 13 2019, 05:21 PM)
so sad. if i were you, i'd blast their fb page.

why did your gf mom give them away anyway?
and what did you tell her?
i can't full rage blast their fb also even though i wanted to. my cats are at their custody. feeling like prisoner of war. if they not happy, my cats fate will become what?

but in fairness, those foreign workers or lower ranking worker got x10000 heart more than those stone cold officers.

i did nothing to her. ppl heart can really surprised you and make you uber disgusted. when i was there, she still can happy(now i say pretend) pet and sayang cat. once in a bluemoon she did mention, room smelly but never in 1 word she suggest to move those cats out. what can you say? dog with her 10 years+ and just kill without mercy because it's troublesome to take care of the dog. somemore is not she take care. i am the one taking care and paying the dog food / medical for these years.
TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 13 2019, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(bakry @ Aug 13 2019, 05:42 PM)
hmmm... u senyap2 go find someone to go to paws. and chup the cats...

and when u marry ur gf later, habis la ur gf mom will be w u forever. all the best
can you be the one? haha. joking

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Aug 13 2019, 05:50 PM
TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 13 2019, 05:51 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(bakry @ Aug 13 2019, 05:50 PM)
i dont mind but not free now.
and im not running away ya. my family got 16 cats now. so many died due to old age d. sad.gif
wah as cat lover. you sure can feel my pain. the agony is too much to bear, when i visit them, and they straight miao me. recognised me! unfortunately, one of the cat too weak liao.. see me also no move no reaction

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Aug 13 2019, 05:53 PM
TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 13 2019, 06:51 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(ihavenoidea @ Aug 13 2019, 06:37 PM)
Lets say if you have a police report on your gf's mum for unlawful cat stealing and sending it away, indicate in the report you are reporting so that PAWS would return your pets.
consulted with police liao. since cat is stray, there is no certificate. certificate is the only hard proof to proof that cat belong to you and not to others. medical/pictures are not enough to prove. and polis confirm it's paws right to do what they want since u can't prove the cat is yours with certificate.

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Aug 13 2019, 06:59 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:58 PM