Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Reclaiming my pets from PAWS Animal Welfare

views

bakry
post Aug 13 2019, 05:42 PM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Aug 13 2019, 05:35 PM)
i can't full rage blast their fb also even though i wanted to. my cats are at their custody. feeling like prisoner of war. if they not happy, my cats fate will become what?

but in fairness, those foreign workers or lower ranking worker got x10000 heart more than those stone cold officers.

i did nothing to her. ppl heart can really surprised you and make you uber disgusted. when i was there, she still can happy(now i say pretend) pet and sayang cat. once in a bluemoon she did mention, room smelly but never in 1 word she suggest to move those cats out. what can you say? dog with her 10 years+ and just kill without mercy because it's troublesome to take care of the dog. somemore is not she take care. i am the one taking care and paying the dog food / medical for these years.
hmmm... u senyap2 go find someone to go to paws. and chup the cats...

and when u marry ur gf later, habis la ur gf mom will be w u forever. all the best
TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 13 2019, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(bakry @ Aug 13 2019, 05:42 PM)
hmmm... u senyap2 go find someone to go to paws. and chup the cats...

and when u marry ur gf later, habis la ur gf mom will be w u forever. all the best
can you be the one? haha. joking

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Aug 13 2019, 05:50 PM
bakry
post Aug 13 2019, 05:50 PM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Aug 13 2019, 05:48 PM)
can you be the one? haha
i dont mind but not free now.
and im not running away ya. my family got 16 cats now. so many died due to old age d. sad.gif
TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 13 2019, 05:51 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(bakry @ Aug 13 2019, 05:50 PM)
i dont mind but not free now.
and im not running away ya. my family got 16 cats now. so many died due to old age d. sad.gif
wah as cat lover. you sure can feel my pain. the agony is too much to bear, when i visit them, and they straight miao me. recognised me! unfortunately, one of the cat too weak liao.. see me also no move no reaction

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Aug 13 2019, 05:53 PM
ihavenoidea
post Aug 13 2019, 06:37 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

Lets say if you have a police report on your gf's mum for unlawful cat stealing and sending it away, indicate in the report you are reporting so that PAWS would return your pets.
TSIpohGuyz
post Aug 13 2019, 06:51 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(ihavenoidea @ Aug 13 2019, 06:37 PM)
Lets say if you have a police report on your gf's mum for unlawful cat stealing and sending it away, indicate in the report you are reporting so that PAWS would return your pets.
consulted with police liao. since cat is stray, there is no certificate. certificate is the only hard proof to proof that cat belong to you and not to others. medical/pictures are not enough to prove. and polis confirm it's paws right to do what they want since u can't prove the cat is yours with certificate.

This post has been edited by IpohGuyz: Aug 13 2019, 06:59 PM
Yggdrasil
post Aug 13 2019, 07:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,208 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Aug 12 2019, 10:48 PM)
because not everyone is angel. ppl heart and behavior can really surprised you.
long story, this is not main point though. not the right channel to talk about this too unfortunately.
Out of topic but TS sound like a person who cares more about animals than humans.

Your relationship with your potential mother-in-law must be not good because she doesn't want you to be her daughter's boyfriend and potential husband.

Furthermore, it's their house so they had the right to evict the pets. Caring for animals doesn't make you an angel too. Strays cause problems (diseases etc) especially when there is rabies in certain parts of Malaysia.
pmaxv
post Aug 13 2019, 07:55 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

---

This post has been edited by pmaxv: Dec 31 2019, 01:50 AM
amandamai
post Aug 14 2019, 02:17 PM

Getting Started
154 posts

I think the Paws and the police also rarely have cases where the pets are willingly given away by one party and then other 2nd party want to reclaim it back.
That's why Paws keep referring to their adoption policy which is only applied to new adopters.

Dbkl or any municipal councils also sometimes caught dogs which they think are strays but if lucky, the owner can quickly claim them back. Proof of ownership really needed for this case, especially dogs i believe. Need chip and license to keep a dog.

Where is this Paws located anyway? I can only suggest this. Go to FB groups with lots of members. I bet some members do volunteer and could be even staffs of Paws. Or they could even know someone in Paws. And ask for help from them with your situation.

One cat group on fb that i remember is Dunia Kucing (original) something like that
Good luck TS

hyperbelt7
post Aug 14 2019, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Aug 12 2019, 12:34 PM)
hi ly forumers, i need your help and advice. my story is an absurd one. i have 3 cats and 1 dog living with me and my gf family (i live in her house). last week I went outstation and when I returned, my gf mother already sent those 3 cats and 1 dog to PAWS.

I immediately go to PAWS and tried to reclaim them but was denied by PAWS. They say those now are PAWS property and they need to vaccinate/neutered them (my pets already vaccinated halfway but my gf mom knows nothing and just surrender those cats to them as stray), then only can be put back up for adoption 1 month+ later. I found it ridiculous and extremely hard to leave my pets there for 1 month+ with no guarantee of their safety. Even after doing the required procedure of vaccinate/neutered, they don't promise me, I will be the no1 priority to take back them. They will just do their work according to so call procedure (vaccinate, neutered, adopt) and thats it.

Now there's a willing owner that can reduce their shelter burden and they don't want to let me reclaim those pets because it's not according to procedure. And it seems my dog already been put to sleep sad.gif because I can't find my dog there and they admit they put a sleep to a shih tzu. But when see picture they say it's not him.

It's a torture to wait day by day, not knowing whether my cats and dog will die / missing there or not. Is there any way to put pressure on them to give me back my pets? Or also some legal way? I have been pestering them daily but I can't get back my pets. So I have no choice but to ask around now.
Disown your gf family. Or time to buy your own house.
Avangelice
post Aug 15 2019, 11:58 AM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

Something feels off with the story.

1) ts is keeping a few animals (more than the recommended number per house hold which is two)

2) ts is keeping said animals on his girlfriend's parents property

3) the animals are sick, cat cannot be neutered because its sick and dog has kidney problem whilst ts say he knows the dog has kidney problem but the dog looks fine. (IT WASN'T FINE TS)

I since ts is the asshole in this story.
jmas
post Aug 15 2019, 06:10 PM

Enthusiast
755 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Aug 15 2019, 11:58 AM)
Something feels off with the story.

1) ts is keeping a few animals (more than the recommended number per house hold which is two)

2) ts is keeping said animals on his girlfriend's parents property

3) the animals are sick, cat cannot be neutered because its sick and dog has kidney problem whilst ts say he knows the dog has kidney problem but the dog looks fine. (IT WASN'T FINE TS)

I since ts is the asshole in this story.
1) who cares about recommended number if they can afford it
2) no wrong since he is staying there
3) cat got sick because its not eating in PAWS. Dog with kidney problem is not his dog (according to PAWS)

Please la ppl, properly read and understand before condemning.
SUSTheOnly1
post Aug 15 2019, 11:04 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

Even dog shelters are struggling to get them to cooperate. What more is a k/? Tell you what, forget about those creatures. Get a new one, no stray. So your gf mom also happy.
kamfoo
post Aug 16 2019, 02:32 AM

Enthusiast
793 posts

pity ur dog die so suffer
starsdaylight
post Aug 16 2019, 05:56 AM

20 posts

Really sorry to hear that. Right now your cats sound like they're on the brink of death already. Please post your case on this FB group they have 256k members, it's called, dunia kucing group (original admin)

You can contact another group called Malaysian dogs deserve better, they're experienced on a lot of cases and they might be able to help you.

For now try to visit the shelter everyday. Go there as a volunteer, then u can assist your cats with food water supplement and medication.

jerm57
post Aug 16 2019, 10:32 AM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(jmas @ Aug 15 2019, 06:10 PM)
1) who cares about recommended number if they can afford it
2) no wrong since he is staying there
3) cat got sick because its not eating in PAWS. Dog with kidney problem is not his dog (according to PAWS)

Please la ppl, properly read and understand before condemning.
I really disagree. The fact that TS can't get the proper vaccinations and neutering done before obviously shows he's just barely making it. Not to mention he's living in the GF's family's house. Not even his wife, but his GF. Let that sink in a little.

Number 2, if you're living in SOMEONE ELSE'S house, the normal priority is to respect their space. They were kind enough to allow TS to live with them but this guy is bringing home strays one after another. I'm sure the parents didn't ask for this.

Lastly, about the dog. TS admitted he knew about the kidney problem but "the dog looks fine". Bullshit. He's not a veterinarian so what right he had to make that kind of judgement? For all you know, the dog is suffering everyday. Again, it shows TS financial situation when he decided not to do anything to treat it.

It's one thing to be kind towards animals. But if you can't even take care of yourself properly and neglect to give your pets the care and medical treatment they need, then you're just being a selfish prick.
jmas
post Aug 16 2019, 10:49 AM

Enthusiast
755 posts

QUOTE(jerm57 @ Aug 16 2019, 10:32 AM)
I really disagree. The fact that TS can't get the proper vaccinations and neutering done before obviously shows he's just barely making it. Not to mention he's living in the GF's family's house. Not even his wife, but his GF. Let that sink in a little.

Number 2, if you're living in SOMEONE ELSE'S house, the normal priority is to respect their space. They were kind enough to allow TS to live with them but this guy is bringing home strays one after another. I'm sure the parents didn't ask for this.

Lastly, about the dog. TS admitted he knew about the kidney problem but "the dog looks fine". Bullshit. He's not a veterinarian so what right he had to make that kind of judgement? For all you know, the dog is suffering everyday. Again, it shows TS financial situation when he decided not to do anything to treat it.

It's one thing to be kind towards animals. But if you can't even take care of yourself properly and neglect to give your pets the care and medical treatment they need, then you're just being a selfish prick.
not going to argue, just want to clear some misunderstanding here.
he was told they put some dog to sleep, and he was told they put it to sleep because of kidney problem.
and its not TS's dog (hopefully).

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Aug 12 2019, 10:48 PM)
because not everyone is angel. ppl heart and behavior can really surprised you.
long story, this is not main point though. not the right channel to talk about this too unfortunately.
ya, that's why i'm pissed. he say because the dog is suffering from kidney sickness, so have to put to sleep. they didnt even give chance for the dog to hope for adopter. yes, the dog has kidney problem, but i don't see him suffer at all. hopefully is not my dog cause he say not same as picture. will try find again tomorrow.

if you read review in google, there's also a dog put to sleep just because of skin rash. haih.
QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Aug 12 2019, 12:34 PM)
hi ly forumers, i need your help and advice. my story is an absurd one. i have 3 cats and 1 dog living with me and my gf family (i live in her house). last week I went outstation and when I returned, my gf mother already sent those 3 cats and 1 dog to PAWS.

I immediately go to PAWS and tried to reclaim them but was denied by PAWS. They say those now are PAWS property and they need to vaccinate/neutered them (my pets already vaccinated halfway but my gf mom knows nothing and just surrender those cats to them as stray), then only can be put back up for adoption 1 month+ later. I found it ridiculous and extremely hard to leave my pets there for 1 month+ with no guarantee of their safety. Even after doing the required procedure of vaccinate/neutered, they don't promise me, I will be the no1 priority to take back them. They will just do their work according to so call procedure (vaccinate, neutered, adopt) and thats it.

Now there's a willing owner that can reduce their shelter burden and they don't want to let me reclaim those pets because it's not according to procedure. And it seems my dog already been put to sleep sad.gif because I can't find my dog there and they admit they put a sleep to a shih tzu. But when see picture they say it's not him.

It's a torture to wait day by day, not knowing whether my cats and dog will die / missing there or not. Is there any way to put pressure on them to give me back my pets? Or also some legal way? I have been pestering them daily but I can't get back my pets. So I have no choice but to ask around now.
jerm57
post Aug 16 2019, 11:15 AM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(jmas @ Aug 16 2019, 10:49 AM)
he was told they put some dog to sleep, and he was told they put it to sleep because of kidney problem.
I think that it's too optimistic to hope for that. How many shih tzu with kidney problems are you going to find in any one time period? Not like I want to be negative, but the chances of that happening is very slim.
vincabby
post Aug 16 2019, 03:27 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(jmas @ Aug 16 2019, 10:49 AM)
read the next update. he said the dog went to heaven already so we can conclude it's passed on. so now only cats. just to clear that off. I have my opinions about stuff he is doing in ppl's house but not gonna go into it.
itik_emas
post Aug 16 2019, 09:32 PM

27 posts

we can 'bend' some plocy with money no?

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.81    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:19 AM