Nusaputran
post Aug 13 2019, 09:11 AM

38 posts

City car? Myvi then.

SkylineFreak
post Aug 13 2019, 10:51 AM

Getting Started
162 posts

The facelifted Saga is better, unless resale value is your thing.

Cheaper upfront fee, lower interest rate, and more space as compared to the Myvi.
jVIPERs2
post Aug 13 2019, 10:54 AM

LY.N Enthusiast
1,648 posts

QUOTE(jufay @ Aug 11 2019, 11:49 AM)
Just test drove both cars, still undecided which is the better option for a pain free and low cost ownership option for more than 5 years.

The boot space doesn't matter to me. This will be used as city car to and from work. Rarely ferry passengers in back seat for long distance. To me the car is to get from point A to point B, at the same time I don't want to feel tired from driving.

The myvi feels slightly more comfortable to drive than the Saga, but the saga has modern features that myvi lack.

Which will you go for if you're in my shoes?
Based on your stated requirements, pain free and low cost ownership does not come together for MyVi & Saga.
MyVI will give you pain free ownership (if you don;t get a lemon unit) but will cost a bit more than the Saga to buy & own (wear & tear items are more expensive).
Saga will give you low cost ownership, but dealing with the Service Centre is a pain that you will go through every 6 months.

For your 'I don't want to feel tired from driving' requirement, I always believe Proton have the best seats in its segment. Not too sure why you find MyVi more comfortable, but I always have backache with Peroduas after a long drive. Maybe the seating position? And the 2019 Saga should come with better insulation for better NVH compared to MyVi.

Any how, good luck with your purchase & ownership.
BravoZeroTwo
post Aug 13 2019, 10:57 AM

Regular
1,128 posts

QUOTE(KennyKB @ Aug 13 2019, 09:05 AM)
The auto stop is useless and annoying in our country where we need the air-con on all the time. Most drivers will turn it off but that doesn't save them from a higher replacement battery cost.
Auto start stop doesn't affect the aircon.
abubin
post Aug 13 2019, 01:05 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ Aug 13 2019, 10:57 AM)
Auto start stop doesn't affect the aircon.
When car is auto stop, the aircon will be running less cold and using battery only. Once system detected your aircon is not cold enough (based on your settings), the car will auto start again even when you are still stationary. That is why auto start/stop will cause car battery to die faster.
destee88
post Aug 13 2019, 02:38 PM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(jufay @ Aug 11 2019, 11:49 AM)
Just test drove both cars, still undecided which is the better option for a pain free and low cost ownership option for more than 5 years.

The boot space doesn't matter to me. This will be used as city car to and from work. Rarely ferry passengers in back seat for long distance. To me the car is to get from point A to point B, at the same time I don't want to feel tired from driving.

The myvi feels slightly more comfortable to drive than the Saga, but the saga has modern features that myvi lack.

Which will you go for if you're in my shoes?
what modern features myvi dun have ??
BravoZeroTwo
post Aug 13 2019, 04:08 PM

Regular
1,128 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Aug 13 2019, 02:05 PM)
When car is auto stop, the aircon will be running less cold and using battery only. Once system detected your aircon is not cold enough (based on your settings), the car will auto start again even when you are still stationary. That is why auto start/stop will cause car battery to die faster.
Thanks.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:23 AM