Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Saga 2019 Premium (RM39.8k) vs Myvi G AT (RM44.6k), ownership >5 years

views

TSjufay
post Aug 11 2019, 11:49 AM, updated 5y ago

22 posts

Just test drove both cars, still undecided which is the better option for a pain free and low cost ownership option for more than 5 years.

The boot space doesn't matter to me. This will be used as city car to and from work. Rarely ferry passengers in back seat for long distance. To me the car is to get from point A to point B, at the same time I don't want to feel tired from driving.

The myvi feels slightly more comfortable to drive than the Saga, but the saga has modern features that myvi lack.

Which will you go for if you're in my shoes?
Harold2009
post Aug 11 2019, 12:05 PM

On my way
526 posts

MYVI, fuel economy is my priority.
jemmi
post Aug 11 2019, 12:24 PM

Casual
485 posts

If put/trade with comfort tyre like Turanza, Saga also comfortable to drive. Engine side myvi better, design also good with myvi, saga good with space & features. Long distance I prefer saga but myvi easy to handle/park in town area.
Jonsnow68
post Aug 11 2019, 01:24 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(jufay @ Aug 11 2019, 11:49 AM)
Just test drove both cars, still undecided which is the better option for a pain free and low cost ownership option for more than 5 years.

The boot space doesn't matter to me. This will be used as city car to and from work. Rarely ferry passengers in back seat for long distance. To me the car is to get from point A to point B, at the same time I don't want to feel tired from driving.

The myvi feels slightly more comfortable to drive than the Saga, but the saga has modern features that myvi lack.

Since it'll be a city car, I'd go for the myvi. Better fuel consumption, reliable and proven engine and gearbox, easier to park. The lack of modern features can be updated yourself with aftermarket accessories if you really need them.
anakMY
post Aug 11 2019, 04:38 PM

Regular
1,351 posts

If boot is not ur priority , I think myvi is a better choice, reliable gearbox and engine.
lowpro
post Aug 11 2019, 04:49 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(anakMY @ Aug 11 2019, 04:38 PM)
If boot is not ur priority , I think myvi is a better choice, reliable gearbox and engine.
Saga not reliable? hmm.gif
rapple
post Aug 11 2019, 06:04 PM

Y N W A
2,016 posts

QUOTE(jufay @ Aug 11 2019, 11:49 AM)

Low cost?

If you think the differential of the price is immaterial to you then buy the myvi. If is not then buy saga and you immediately save a few k up front.

Pain free?

It's rather subjective to individual tolerance level on stuffs or car issues.

So far I have no issue with Nissan and Honda even though there are lots of complain on forums and social media.

Space?

Its always good to have more space than less. You never know when you need it. Not like you have other options when you need more space.

FC and RV?

Its really not a concern for me.

axsatr
post Aug 11 2019, 06:18 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

Well definition of “modern features” is quite vague in this case

To me myvi is better in this case since you gain:
1) Push Start and Keyless Entry
2) 2 additional airbags
3) Interior Space (A vs B segment)
4) LED headlamps (over halogen reflectors, though saga has DRL)

What it lacks over the saga is
1) Reverse camera (can be added later)
2) DRL (can be added later)
3) Boot Space
4) Nicer colour touchscreen HU (can be added later)

To me if you don’t mind a hatchback, the 4k difference is worth to add for a myvi

And although the saga has been revamped, it’s still an old facelifted product and it’s starting to show its age (especially that aircond knobs and switches)

FYI, since the myvi uses a standard double DIN radio, you can change it to pretty much whatever you want

But with sagas futuristic radio design, I’m not too sure how willing you are to rip that apart for replacement

This post has been edited by axsatr: Aug 11 2019, 06:20 PM
cmk96
post Aug 11 2019, 06:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,085 posts

Are you sure you won't get marry in the next 5 yrs?

I choose Saga. Booth space is nice to have during holidays.
arza04
post Aug 11 2019, 11:00 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

If compare to myvi G i prefer saga premium

New saga looks okay now
Now with upgraded brakes share from iriz/persona
Boot space
Better sound system than myvi
Audio switches at steering wheel
Cheaper

But the lack of push start button and smart keyless entry rly will make the car feel dated in 2019. After 5 years lagilah
dylan_chng
post Aug 12 2019, 12:29 AM

On my way
658 posts

if your budget allows for 45k car, you may want to consider Persona 1.6 Standard CVT or Iriz 1.3 Executive CVT.

MR_alien
post Aug 12 2019, 07:49 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

since 10 years back...for me is still the same...you have to ask yourself where u would be travelling...city or highway?
myvi = city car
saga = highway car

but if u decide to get the myvi, don't get the one with the auto start stop feature because getting that will increase your cost of ownership by alot
and with that, u might as well just get the saga which doesn't have this feature
dexaran
post Aug 12 2019, 10:24 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

auto start stop feature, the battery is different yo for myvi, it cost more since auto start stop use battery for aircond (during engine stop)
go see face group, people shock when the battery replacement is higher cost than usual
SUSBillCollector
post Aug 12 2019, 05:17 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

The Myvi is the better car off the 2.
LittleSmarty
post Aug 12 2019, 05:34 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

"The boot space doesn't matter to me. This will be used as city car to and from work. Rarely ferry passengers in back seat for long distance. To me the car is to get from point A to point B, at the same time I don't want to feel tired from driving.
"
Why not Kia Picanto?
TSjufay
post Aug 12 2019, 09:20 PM

22 posts

leaning towards myvi now after all your inputs.

Never considered Picanto as I'm looking something where spare parts are cheap and easily available.

Having sat in both Myvi and Saga facelift, myvi feels more comfortable as I'm 180cm.

Not sure if Perodua will come out with some improvements to the Myvi soon or if it's a good time to book one. No rebates whatsoever at the dealers I visited.
TSjufay
post Aug 12 2019, 09:33 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(dylan_chng @ Aug 12 2019, 12:29 AM)
if your budget allows for 45k car, you may want to consider Persona 1.6 Standard CVT or Iriz 1.3 Executive CVT.
Thanks for the suggestion, not a fan of the CVT after I test drove a Persona
dylan_chng
post Aug 12 2019, 11:56 PM

On my way
658 posts

A problem I forsee with a Standard G Myvi is that you may feel like you wished you bought the more expensive Premium X variant instead.

In contrast with the Saga, you at least can say that you didn't get the Iriz/Persona because of the CVT.

It is a tough decision. If comparing Saga and Bezza, Saga sure win but Saga vs. Myvi, not so easy.

I think my money is on the Saga. I would like a 5k savings in addition get a better headunit, better rear seats comfort and larger boot but understand that I won't get split folding rear seats, won't get auto up driver window and won't get the safer car.

I cannot tell which though would be more pain free to own though.
amscouzach57
post Aug 13 2019, 05:41 AM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(dylan_chng @ Aug 12 2019, 11:56 PM)
A problem I forsee with a Standard G Myvi is that you may feel like you wished you bought the more expensive Premium X variant instead.

In contrast with the Saga, you at least can say that you didn't get the Iriz/Persona because of the CVT.

It is a tough decision. If comparing Saga and Bezza, Saga sure win but Saga vs. Myvi, not so easy.

I think my money is on the Saga. I would like a 5k savings in addition get a better headunit, better rear seats comfort and larger boot but understand that I won't get split folding rear seats, won't get auto up driver window and won't get the safer car.

I cannot tell which though would be more pain free to own though.
The new saga fl's rear bench could be folded altogether, but yes no split folding
KennyKB
post Aug 13 2019, 08:05 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(dexaran @ Aug 12 2019, 10:24 AM)
auto start stop feature, the battery is different yo for myvi, it cost more since auto start stop use battery for aircond (during engine stop)
go see face group, people shock when the battery replacement is higher cost than usual
The auto stop is useless and annoying in our country where we need the air-con on all the time. Most drivers will turn it off but that doesn't save them from a higher replacement battery cost.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:48 PM