Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Asus Window Corrupted, Edit: Probably solved

views

TSZenstrife
post Aug 12 2019, 06:26 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

So i got my laptop back a few mins ago, i was promised that all my things would be placed back to where they were, but checking the attached photo below you can see what i got.

I'm pretty sure this is not what they would call a 100% job, i probably ate some bullshit this time dry.gif

Just want to check with you guys if there's any way i can get my Bookmarked links in Chrome back, as well as the tabs i did not close before the crash that changed everything, and if it's possible to get those back at all, i'm pretty sure i can get my browsing history back as well?

Edit: She said i can get those back from signing in back to my google account which is that i know, is utter bullshit before i even logged in to try, later i was told that she couldn't enter my computer to make a copy of those saved files in my C drive due to my computer being in black screen, which is again bullshit as she was and able to make a copy of my desktop craps, so what is stopping her to enter my C drive?

Also i need to confirm with you guys that, in cases like this, is it impossible to backup the installed softwares? Because i lost all of it, including paid softwares, and annually paid softwares.

It's bad to assume anything yet, but i guess i got what i paid for. Though i don't even mind paying RM200 to have my computer perfectly restored, my hard disk got no problem as well.

This post has been edited by Zenstrife: Aug 12 2019, 07:50 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
AnimeSinceForever
post Aug 12 2019, 08:00 PM

Regular
1,060 posts

Yup, the latest pages - if the hard drive was actually copied without error - should be in your history.

Can't backup but can backup desktop? Probably a copy where files weren't verified.

Installed software could be backed up, if the hard drive was copied without error.

... but a proper copy takes time ... if your old hard drive is the one still in use, better back up ... hmm.gif

QUOTE(Zenstrife @ Aug 12 2019, 06:26 PM)
So i got my laptop back a few mins ago, i was promised that all my things would be placed back to where they were, but checking the attached photo below you can see what i got.

I'm pretty sure this is not what they would call a 100% job, i probably ate some bullshit this time  dry.gif

Just want to check with you guys if there's any way i can get my Bookmarked links in Chrome back, as well as the tabs i did not close before the crash that changed everything, and if it's possible to get those back at all, i'm pretty sure i can get my browsing history back as well?

Edit: She said i can get those back from signing in back to my google account which is that i know, is utter bullshit before i even logged in to try, later i was told that she couldn't enter my computer to make a copy of those saved files in my C drive due to my computer being in black screen, which is again bullshit as she was and able to make a copy of my desktop craps, so what is stopping her to enter my C drive?

Also i need to confirm with you guys that, in cases like this, is it impossible to backup the installed softwares? Because i lost all of it, including paid softwares, and annually paid softwares.

It's bad to assume anything yet, but i guess i got what i paid for. Though i don't even mind paying RM200 to have my computer perfectly restored, my hard disk got no problem as well.
TSZenstrife
post Aug 12 2019, 08:21 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(AnimeSinceForever @ Aug 12 2019, 08:00 PM)
Yup, the latest pages - if the hard drive was actually copied without error - should be in your history.

Can't backup but can backup desktop? Probably a copy where files weren't verified.

Installed software could be backed up, if the hard drive was copied without error.

... but a proper copy takes time ... if your old hard drive is the one still in use, better back up ... hmm.gif
I felt like this job was done quarter assedly, which exceeded my expectations as i was sure that it will not be any less than half ass, LOL lol.gif
I received no updates and whatsoever, from the beginning to the end, and since i've worked in retail and customer service for 10 years in the past, i know well how to not be an annoying customer. Now i feel a bit of numbness inside mixed with regret and anger blush.gif
If she does the job well, i don't mind giving another 48 hours really, but knowing her now, she'll just waste another 36 hours and only try to rush shit during the last 12 hours.
I better not rant more about this LOL, not the appropriate place to.

I'll dunk my relationship with this acquaintance of mine and find a new shop to go to, you know, to make a REAL BACKUP this time, just in case.
Case solved and thank you all for now, lol.
tenukkongkong
post Aug 14 2019, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

Your problem solved?
TSZenstrife
post Aug 14 2019, 09:58 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(tenukkongkong @ Aug 14 2019, 04:48 PM)
Your problem solved?
Yes except i got Blue Screen of Death shortly after which kind of scared me for a bit, it's fine now but i don't know what caused it nor does it come back.
tenukkongkong
post Aug 15 2019, 09:03 AM

Getting Started
255 posts

QUOTE(Zenstrife @ Aug 14 2019, 09:58 PM)
Yes except i got Blue Screen of Death shortly after which kind of scared me for a bit, it's fine now but i don't know what caused it nor does it come back.
boot into safe mode and check with blue screen viewer. It will tell u what cause the bsod.
TSZenstrife
post Aug 17 2019, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(tenukkongkong @ Aug 15 2019, 09:03 AM)
boot into safe mode and check with blue screen viewer. It will tell u what cause the bsod.
It's been a while though, can i still check?
Is it simple enough that i can follow the steps i get from google?
tenukkongkong
post Aug 17 2019, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

QUOTE(Zenstrife @ Aug 17 2019, 03:54 PM)
It's been a while though, can i still check?
Is it simple enough that i can follow the steps i get from google?
yes it simple.google bsod viewer.

The best way to get the result is immediately boot safe mode after bsod happen n run the bsod viwer as when window crash, Explorer will create one temp file and store the problem inside. So the software will get the file and shw to u the problem. Inside u can kwn what is the main cause.

its ok. try first.

If canot, Wait for the next bsod.

Prepare first. If the problem appr again, do the step.
TSZenstrife
post Aug 19 2019, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(tenukkongkong @ Aug 17 2019, 05:00 PM)
yes it simple.google bsod viewer.

The best way to get the result is immediately boot safe mode after bsod happen n run the bsod viwer as when window crash, Explorer will create one temp file and store the problem inside. So the software will get the file and shw to u the problem. Inside u can kwn what is the main cause.

its ok. try first.

If canot,  Wait for the next bsod.

Prepare first. If the problem appr again, do the step.
Think i'll prepare for next time, and either necro the thread or start a new one biggrin.gif
But of course, i hope that kind of shit doesn't happen again
sHawTY
post Aug 19 2019, 11:23 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,629 posts

QUOTE(Zenstrife @ Aug 12 2019, 06:26 PM)
Edit: She said i can get those back from signing in back to my google account which is that i know, is utter bullshit
Not bullshit story
If you linked your Google account to your Chrome before this, everything will be backed up to the Google server

But if you didn't do it previously, then it's your own fault
TSZenstrife
post Aug 20 2019, 08:11 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Aug 19 2019, 11:23 PM)
Not bullshit story
If you linked your Google account to your Chrome before this, everything will be backed up to the Google server

But if you didn't do it previously, then it's your own fault
The tabs get restored automatically?
Same with the search history when i press ctrl + h?
sHawTY
post Aug 20 2019, 09:00 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,629 posts

QUOTE(Zenstrife @ Aug 20 2019, 08:11 PM)
The tabs get restored automatically?
Same with the search history when i press ctrl + h?
Tabs no. History yes
TSZenstrife
post Aug 20 2019, 09:32 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Aug 20 2019, 09:00 PM)
Tabs no. History yes
I most definitely signed in but i still don't get my history back.
I had about 30 tabs open, not getting those back means fuaked.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:16 PM