Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How much wine for 25 tables?, Will be serving hard liquor and beer too

views

TSkimicher
post Aug 1 2019, 10:42 AM, updated 5y ago

4 posts

Hi everyone.. I kinda need some input as to how many bottles of wine to order for 25 tables (including main table).. We will be serving hard liquor (bought 12 bottles already) and beer (getting from restaurant), but not sure as to how many bottles of wine to get.

As far as I know, my father's friends are mostly beer drinkers (approx 5 tables), and the groom's friends also more towards beer and hard liquor (approx 3 tables).. My own friends would be a mix of wine and beer (3 tables)..

But the remaining guests (relatives, parents' friends) on the last 13 tables might prefer wine? How do I estimate the number of wine bottles to order?

My family doesn't drink, so I'm afraid of ordering too many and the extras will sit at home after the wedding until they turn into vinegar...
cdspins
post Aug 1 2019, 10:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,567 posts

As you already serving other types of alcoholic drinks... 1 wine per table is enough. The wine is put on table or serve by beverage lady? If serve by beverage lady, will probably consume less. Else just put 1 bottle at each table.
exsea
post Aug 1 2019, 11:06 AM

On my way
624 posts

if its wedding, more is better than less. its really hard to estimate.
talk to the restaurant for "ala carte" wine/beer. might be more expensive but at least wont be wasted
as for beer and hard liquor, if you can get a better deal outside, buy some for "reserve"

you can always sell beer and hard liquor at a lower price. if you sell cheap enough, your friends will buy from you

one of my friends who was more financially stable, bought additional hard liquor, the ones he couldnt finish, he gave out to his close friends and family
TSkimicher
post Aug 1 2019, 12:00 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(cdspins @ Aug 1 2019, 10:53 AM)
As you already serving other types of alcoholic drinks... 1 wine per table is enough. The wine is put on table or serve by beverage lady? If serve by beverage lady, will probably consume less. Else just put 1 bottle at each table.
Will be served by beverage lady.. Will take note of this biggrin.gif

QUOTE(exsea @ Aug 1 2019, 11:06 AM)
if its  wedding, more is better than less. its really hard to estimate. 
talk to the restaurant for "ala carte" wine/beer.  might be more expensive but at least wont be wasted 
as for beer and hard liquor, if you can get a better deal outside, buy some for "reserve"

you can always sell beer and hard liquor at a lower price. if you sell cheap enough, your friends will buy from you 

one of my friends who was more financially stable, bought additional hard liquor, the ones he couldnt finish, he gave out to his close friends and family
Yeah, will be getting ala carte beer from the restaurant, so that one no nd headache about beer anymore.. Wine, brandy, whisky corkage fee is waived.. I already got the liquor (approx 12 bottles).. Left wine nd to think and headache.. I asked many friends on their wedding's wine consumption and the variation is huge.. some 15 tables finish 40 bottles of wine, some 30 tables finish 25 bottles of wine.. rclxub.gif
exsea
post Aug 1 2019, 01:38 PM

On my way
624 posts

QUOTE(kimicher @ Aug 1 2019, 12:00 PM)
Will be served by beverage lady.. Will take note of this  biggrin.gif
Yeah, will be getting ala carte beer from the restaurant, so that one no nd headache about beer anymore.. Wine, brandy, whisky corkage fee is waived.. I already got the liquor (approx 12 bottles).. Left wine nd to think and headache.. I asked many friends on their wedding's wine consumption and the variation is huge.. some 15 tables finish 40 bottles of wine, some 30 tables finish 25 bottles of wine..  rclxub.gif
yeah... its a big headache guessing. i m a drinker, my 2cents is:

1. people who drink tend to lean towards beer or hard liquor rather than wine
2. it is common for wedding dinners to serve "cheap wine", wine lovers should already be accustomed to this by now so wine isnt a priority
3. from my experience with various friends, beer and hard liqour, are easy to sell in case of leftovers. heck if you give me a good price i'd buy hard liquor from you. however, wine.... people who love wine will go for branded wine that is normally not found in wedding dinners, the variation of wine is too much to cater for most people. so for wine, if its hard to guess, just go ala carte with the shop.
4. if the wine ACTUALLY RUNS OUT, fall back on beer and hard liquor. if you need to stock up, stock up on these 2.
kkkw80
post Aug 29 2019, 09:22 AM

Tan Sri Member
972 posts

Need to have some control, you need to tell the restaurant. If not, it's never enough.

Generally 18 bottles is enough if mixed with beers and some other hard liquor
seikoho1
post Aug 30 2019, 12:55 PM

Getting Started
284 posts

i prepared almost 40 bottles of wine for my 40 tables....lol....all finish....

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:11 PM