Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

CNY Maintenance and Infrastructure Upgrade - Some forum features will be temporarily unavailable.

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Xiaomi MiJia Smart Door Lock Comprehensive Review, Review updated 17/9/19

views

idoblu
post Jan 7 2020, 09:25 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
10,661 posts

QUOTE(Goneraz @ Jan 7 2020, 09:01 AM)
Well I love it because of how simple it is. I have been using the sherlock from xiaomi for 2 yrs and finally decided to switch to this. It took 10 min to install and it look just like a normal lock from outside. I decided not to have WiFi bridge after reading about the vulnerability recently also its not often you need to unlock your door remotely. But if you really want that feature can take a look at keymitt from Germany. Same kind of concept but with WiFi bridge
pls give a review and where you bought it thumbup.gif
tintinn
post Jan 12 2020, 04:34 PM

14 posts

Options are limited for metal security door so I ended up buying Xiaomi Mijia Smart Door Lock Push-Pull from Shopee. The dimension appears to be spot-on to the current door locks so I hope installation will be straight forward.

This is the unboxing video. I have scheduled for an installation this coming week. Will try to record a video if anyone wants to self install this.

Link : Xiaomi Mijia Smart Door Lock Push-Pull unboxing

This post has been edited by tintinn: Jan 12 2020, 04:41 PM
idoblu
post Jan 12 2020, 04:48 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
10,661 posts

QUOTE(tintinn @ Jan 12 2020, 04:34 PM)
Options are limited for metal security door so I ended up buying Xiaomi Mijia Smart Door Lock Push-Pull from Shopee. The dimension appears to be spot-on to the current door locks so I hope installation will be straight forward.

This is the unboxing video. I have scheduled for an installation this coming week. Will try to record a video if anyone wants to self install this.

Link :  Xiaomi Mijia Smart Door Lock Push-Pull unboxing

Nice looking lock. Yes please video the installation
How many ways to open?
Thanks

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jan 12 2020, 04:49 PM
tintinn
post Jan 12 2020, 05:18 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 12 2020, 04:48 PM)
Nice looking lock. Yes please video the installation
How many ways to open?
Thanks
6 ways according to the advertisement.
- fingerprint
- pin no
- mobile phone Bluetooth
- mechanical key
- NFC
- temporary pin no

Will do my best with the installation video thumbsup.gif
tintinn
post Jan 13 2020, 07:15 PM

14 posts

I was not able to video the installation today due to work commitment. Managed to see a bit from the CCTV at work.

Took the installer about 2 hours. He did have to use a drill and cutter to get the upper mechanism of the lock to go through, but other than that the dimension of the parts were spot on with the older lock. The original strike plate was kept as it is. The labour cost of installation was RM300.

I had to change region to China Mainland in order to get Xiaomi Home app to recognize the lock. Did not need to use VPN or a new account, just a matter of changing the location setting on the app.

Configuration was a breeze. Firmware update required a few tries before it was successful. NFC only works with Xiaomi phones. Fingerprint recognition was instantaneous so this is going to be the primary method of entry.

Overall it seems like a good buy for RM1199 (Shopee). Next plan is to get a Bluetooth WiFi gateway.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
idoblu
post Jan 13 2020, 07:44 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
10,661 posts

QUOTE(tintinn @ Jan 13 2020, 07:15 PM)
I was not able to video the installation today due to work commitment. Managed to see a bit from the CCTV at work.

Took the installer about 2 hours. He did have to use a drill and cutter to get the upper mechanism of the lock to go through, but other than that the dimension of the parts were spot on with the older lock. The original strike plate was kept as it is. The labour cost of installation was RM300.

I had to change region to China Mainland in order to get Xiaomi Home app to recognize the lock. Did not need to use VPN or a new account, just a matter of changing the location setting on the app.

Configuration was a breeze. Firmware update required a few tries before it was successful. NFC only works with Xiaomi phones. Fingerprint recognition was instantaneous so this is going to be the primary method of entry.

Overall it seems like a good buy for RM1199 (Shopee). Next plan is to get a Bluetooth WiFi gateway.

Is this installer first time installing Xiaomi smart locks or old hand at it? Was he given by seller? Thanks

TShikashi
post Jan 13 2020, 08:13 PM

Pusheeeeeeeett
917 posts

QUOTE(tintinn @ Jan 13 2020, 07:15 PM)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Nice! rclxms.gif
tintinn
post Jan 14 2020, 09:33 AM

14 posts

Arranged by seller.

The installer has good experience installing similar locks, knew what to do. I can confirm that.

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jan 13 2020, 07:44 PM)
Is this installer first time installing Xiaomi smart locks or old hand at it? Was he given by seller? Thanks
sicklad77
post Jan 14 2020, 10:52 AM

Casual
462 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Wow bos ur location setting tip is really inspiring me to buy as well.
I go to China often and will definitely buy this on my next visit

This post has been edited by sicklad77: Jan 14 2020, 10:53 AM

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0341sec    11.06    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th January 2020 - 02:52 PM