Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

mbp pro 2015 battery replacement

views

TSAshroft98
post Jul 26 2019, 07:09 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
228 posts

so my 3.5 years old macbook pro 2015 13" has starting to give up on me bye.gif
the battery is slightly bloated around the lower keyboard and upper trackpad area, worried also if the metal enclosure got bented too much coz cant close the lid fully, got around 5mm gap.

just wanna know how much will it cost to repair it at machines/mac city? or is it cheaper to change at 3rd party repair? cant send it now, got some heavy video and poster editing work cry.gif

thx!
limkj
post Jul 26 2019, 07:44 PM

Getting Started
236 posts

My suggestion is to check on the number of cycles that your MacBook Pro battery has done. normally if your cycle count is low and your battery percentage is still above 80%, they will replace your swollen battery for free. You only pay the labour charge.
I suggest you call Apple first to inform them. You the. Ask them is it normal for a battery to swell when the cycle count is less than 500.
I managed to claim a new battery for my MacBook Pro 15” 2014 earlier this year.
One advise contact Apple support first and get them to confirm and provide a case id. Then you need to get the MacBook Pro inspected by and Apple service provider. Once confirmed they will replace. You just pay labour.

One word of advise never send to Mac City. I sent to the Apples Service Provider At 3 Two Square in PJ and they are most helpful.
TSAshroft98
post Jul 26 2019, 09:36 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

QUOTE(limkj @ Jul 26 2019, 07:44 PM)
My suggestion is to check on the number of cycles that your MacBook Pro battery has done. normally if your cycle count is low and your battery percentage is still above 80%, they will replace your swollen battery for free. You only pay the labour charge.
I suggest you call Apple first to inform them. You the. Ask them is it normal for a battery to swell when the cycle count is less than 500.
I managed to claim a new battery for my MacBook Pro 15” 2014 earlier this year.
One advise contact Apple support first and get them to confirm and provide a case id. Then you need to get the MacBook Pro inspected by and Apple service provider. Once confirmed they will replace. You just pay labour.

One word of advise never send to Mac City. I sent to the Apples Service Provider At 3 Two Square in PJ and they are most helpful.
Woah thats very interesting. I think I'll give Machines KLCC a call as they r close to me. Thanks for the help !!
ganick5461
post Jul 27 2019, 12:01 AM

Getting Started
244 posts

I went to Machines to claim replacement for the screen coating issue, and then during the process they informed me that my battery is swollen. end up I got both the screen and battery exchanged for free. no labour charge
limkj
post Jul 27 2019, 08:08 AM

Getting Started
236 posts

My MacBook Pro was purchased 2014 so Apple Support did a one time exception for the battery which was swollen although it was no longer under warranty. Imagine after 5 years and Apple did not charge for the battery replacement and only charge for the Labour. After I had the approval from Apple Support I sent it to a Apple Service Provider. Again I will like to advise against sending to Mac City.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:53 PM