Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kia Seltos Malaysia LYN Discussion -B Segment SUV, EX : RM10X,888, GT-Line :RM 12X,888

views

Kilohertz
post Jan 3 2020, 03:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Jan 3 2020, 08:46 AM)
Generally, Korean car is good.

Maybe it is time to ditch their current agent (read: NAZA).
Agreed, still no news if they are bringing in the new cerato? doh.gif
TSBuydirect
post Jan 4 2020, 03:39 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(EdEd @ Jan 2 2020, 09:02 PM)
Msia when?
Expected to be sometime 2nd quarter this year.
TSBuydirect
post Feb 6 2020, 03:04 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

Kia Seltos previewed at Royale Chulan Damansara Hotel on 5th Feb 2020, inconjunction with Kia Malaysia Chinese New Year Dinner 2020 for dealers, business partners and special guests. Prices and specs have yet to be confirmed. Two variants were displayed, a GT-Line and a more basic variant, both with 1.6L natural aspirated engines. Check out the photos below. Official launch is slated for next month.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

nOnaM31014
post Feb 6 2020, 03:52 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(Buydirect @ Feb 6 2020, 03:04 PM)
Kia Seltos previewed at Royale Chulan Damansara Hotel on 5th Feb 2020, inconjunction with Kia Malaysia Chinese New Year Dinner 2020 for dealers, business partners and special guests. Prices and specs have yet to be confirmed. Two variants were displayed, a GT-Line and a more basic variant, both with 1.6L natural aspirated engines. Check out the photos below. Official launch is slated for next month.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Can i check only 1.6 NA not turbocharged engine ?
TSBuydirect
post Feb 6 2020, 04:01 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(nOnaM31014 @ Feb 6 2020, 03:52 PM)
Can i check only 1.6 NA not turbocharged engine ?
Type of engine to be brought in has not been finalised. But both these 2 units put for preview are 1.6L natural aspirated engines.
langatian
post Feb 6 2020, 05:44 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

Hope can bring in diesel variant.
death_nite
post Feb 6 2020, 06:09 PM

Lossless Land...
2,361 posts

Paultan said passive cruise control. Kia malaysia no bring safety suites?
TSBuydirect
post Feb 6 2020, 06:30 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(langatian @ Feb 6 2020, 05:44 PM)
Hope can bring in diesel variant.
Very unlikely to have diesel variant for Malaysia, only petrol engines.

QUOTE(death_nite @ Feb 6 2020, 06:09 PM)
Paultan said passive cruise control. Kia malaysia no bring safety suites?
Price is big consideration in the specs, so passive cruise control it is.

SportyHandling
post Feb 7 2020, 05:05 PM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Jan 3 2020, 08:46 AM)
Generally, Korean car is good.

Maybe it is time to ditch their current agent (read: NAZA).
QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Jan 3 2020, 03:52 PM)
Agreed, still no news if they are bringing in the new cerato?  doh.gif
I currently drive a Kia Sportage 2014 which is a company's car and share the same sentiment. It changed my perception toward Korean cars in general. My impression is based on the build quality and reliability of the vehicle. The mileage of the vehicle is above 200,000km and the car still feels solid without much rattling sound in the vehicle. Minimal rattling sound, good suspension and engine even after 200,000 km mileage. Perhaps the period maintenance at Kia's service centre may have played a role.

You don't feel like driving an old car even though it has already clocked above 200,000 km. My previous Proton Preve Turbo which I sold several months ago showed a lot more rattling inside the car and general wear in all areas which you can feel when the experience of driving the car is not very nice anymore ie. looser steering feel, rattling and noisy suspension, slight deterioration in performance in acceleration power etc.

jeoneun
post Feb 7 2020, 09:58 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

QUOTE(Buydirect @ Feb 6 2020, 03:04 PM)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
CBU or CKD?
4WD_er
post Feb 8 2020, 11:29 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(jeoneun @ Feb 7 2020, 09:58 PM)
CBU or CKD?
It will be CBU from India if I am not mistaken.

I think the turbo from India is 1.4T, not 1.6T if that is available to Malaysia at all.
TSBuydirect
post Feb 8 2020, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(4WD_er @ Feb 8 2020, 11:29 AM)
It will be CBU from India if I am not mistaken.

I think the turbo from India is 1.4T, not 1.6T if that is available to Malaysia at all.
It will be CBU for sure. So far 1.6 liter naturally aspirated engine is confirmed to be offered to our market. There is still no confirmation on turbo engine yet.
leon898
post Feb 10 2020, 10:12 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Feb 7 2020, 05:05 PM)
I currently drive a Kia Sportage 2014 which is a company's car and share the same sentiment. It changed my perception toward Korean cars in general. My impression is based on the build quality and reliability of the vehicle. The mileage of the vehicle is above 200,000km and the car still feels solid without much rattling sound in the vehicle. Minimal rattling sound, good suspension and engine even after 200,000 km mileage. Perhaps the period maintenance at Kia's service centre may have played a role.

You don't feel like driving an old car even though it has already clocked above 200,000 km. My previous Proton Preve Turbo which I sold several months ago showed a lot more rattling inside the car and general wear in all areas which you can feel when the experience of driving the car is not very nice anymore ie. looser steering feel, rattling and noisy suspension, slight deterioration in performance in acceleration power etc.
as an ex owner of preve, I agreed. Especially on the rattling part biggrin.gif
SKYjack
post Feb 10 2020, 10:58 AM

Casual
310 posts

QUOTE(Buydirect @ Feb 8 2020, 03:12 PM)
It will be CBU for sure. So far 1.6 liter naturally aspirated engine is confirmed to be offered to our market. There is still no confirmation on turbo engine yet.
Big mistake! Give public the choice. Product life is not extended by delaying engine options.
mango27
post Feb 10 2020, 02:54 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Feb 7 2020, 05:05 PM)

i share the same sentiment with you... i drive a 2013 cerato... till now have very minimal rattling... most of the time is personal objects placed together making sounds... otherwise still very quiet cabin... many friends/family i fetch still surprised that it is a 7y.o car... never once regretted getting Kia previously... mine was a CBU unit though...

However, i feel Kia now lost its edge it had... it used to be cheaper than market but packed with features... but recent launches says otherwise... now im looking at the Proton X70 or future X50 instead... still wait and see how the build quality for CKD like...
SportyHandling
post Feb 10 2020, 06:48 PM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Feb 10 2020, 10:12 AM)
as an ex owner of preve, I agreed. Especially on the rattling part biggrin.gif
Rattling is one thing. The "feeling" of the car also changed, in my case. I'm not sure how but the steering feel is not very nice anymore when you turn the steering. Difficult to describe in words. The worst thing is the Preve's mileage is only 110,00km and it feels worse than the 200,000km+ Kia Sportage, like a much older car.
SportyHandling
post Feb 10 2020, 06:56 PM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(mango27 @ Feb 10 2020, 02:54 PM)
i share the same sentiment with you... i drive a 2013 cerato... till now have very minimal rattling... most of the time is personal objects placed together making sounds... otherwise still very quiet cabin... many friends/family i fetch still surprised that it is a 7y.o car... never once regretted getting Kia previously... mine was a CBU unit though...

However, i feel Kia now lost its edge it had... it used to be cheaper than market but packed with features... but recent launches says otherwise... now im looking at the Proton X70 or future X50 instead... still wait and see how the build quality for CKD like...
Yes, I'm surprised as well. Never in my life I had driven a car with mileage higher than 200,000 km. I was shocked that at that mileage, the car still drives with very little rattling sound. Not only that the engine performance is still good as the acceleration is responsive with minimal lag. I particularly like the throttle response of the 6-speed transmission of the Kia Sportage as it's quite responsive in bumper-to-bumper crawl. Just a step on the pedal and the car will surge forward as you feel the car moving. The car is also stable at highway speeds and cornering of the car is also above average for an SUV of this class.

My colleague who drives the X70 mentioned the X70 is more powerful than the Kia Sportage but for reliability and solid engineering, the Kia is proven. It will still drive like very well even though the vehicle has clocked considerable mileage.

I wonder if it will still drive like a 2-year old car when it hits 300,000km.
JimmyChan77
post Feb 11 2020, 07:04 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(Buydirect @ Feb 6 2020, 04:01 PM)
Type of engine to be brought in has not been finalised. But both these 2 units put for preview are 1.6L natural aspirated engines.
Hi buydirect

What kind of drive train will be offered? Will it be the smart CVT? Or the old six speed torque convertor?

Hope will be the former...don't disappoint us.
4WD_er
post Feb 11 2020, 08:48 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(JimmyChan77 @ Feb 11 2020, 07:04 AM)
Hi buydirect

What kind of drive train will be offered? Will it be the smart CVT? Or the old six speed torque convertor?

You hope it to be offered with CVT ? Seriously ?

It will be CBU from India, let me guess ... 1.6 NA (6sp / CVT) mid spec and 1.4T (DCT) high spec GT line hmm.gif ?
TSBuydirect
post Feb 11 2020, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(JimmyChan77 @ Feb 11 2020, 07:04 AM)
Hi buydirect

QUOTE(4WD_er @ Feb 11 2020, 08:48 AM)
You hope it to be offered with CVT ?  Seriously ?

It will be CBU from India, let me guess ... 1.6 NA (6sp / CVT) mid spec and 1.4T (DCT) high spec GT line  hmm.gif ?
Actual and final specs have yet to be confirmed. Will share when I get those info.

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:32 AM