Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY RESEARCH: Narrative Reconstruc, Recruiting participants for research

views

TSckm_lee P
post Jul 24 2019, 09:07 PM, updated 5y ago

Probation
3 posts

CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY RESEARCH: Narrative Reconstruction and Posttraumatic Growth of Childhood Sexual Abuse Survivor in Malaysia

Hello fellow Malaysians, I am a Clinical Psychologist Trainee from Help University currently in my final year. I am currently recruiting Malaysians who have had a history of sexual abuse prior to 18 years old to participate in my research.

What is childhood sexual abuse?

They are acts in which an individual (usually an adult or older adolescent) engaging in sexual activities with a child (whether by asking or pressuring, or by other means), indecent exposure(of the genitals or private body parts) to the child, child grooming or child sexual exploitation.

This is definitely a difficult topic to to be discussed as childhood sexual abuse have been documented as a trauma that leaves a deep-seated effect on the victim where severe psychological effects are of concern and the trauma can change an individual's life narrative. Besides coping with the negative effects of childhood sexual abuse, past researchers also reported that its possible for survivors to go through a process of healing and growth termed posttraumatic growth which will also allow the survivor to reconstruct his/her life narrative.

Your participation in this study will be valuable for the researcher as this study aims to explore the way childhood sexual abuse survivors in Malaysia achieve posttraumatic growth and reconstruct life narratives. The results will be important for clinicians to consider integrating certain techniques into trauma-based therapy to facilitate posttraumatic growth in childhood sexual abuse survivors especially in the Malaysian context.

If you are:
✅ Malaysian
✅ 18 years old and above
✅ Have had a history of sexual abuse prior to 18 years old

For the first part of the study, kindly do take 5 minutes to fill up the Posttraumatic Growth Inventory: https://forms.gle/hs7xq66cKJADxgAT8

Your responses will be anonymous unless you agree to be contacted for the second part of the research only if it is necessary. All information that you provide will be treated with utmost confidentiality and anonymity.

If you have any doubts feel free to contact me and I will try my best to guide you and make the process as comfortable as possible for you. Thank you very much in advance for your time and participation! Feel free to share this with your friends and family as well.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0107sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:12 PM