Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Eczema, please share tips

views

Pikichu
post Sep 12 2019, 11:49 AM

Regular
1,623 posts

7 months old baby is fed with manufactured formula?!!
Then suffer eczema, parents continue to feed formula!!!

Mother's breast milk is the best food for baby.

While reverting to breast milk, surface cleaning and hygiene, remember to keep the skin moisturize. Two weeks should be evidence.

I pity seeing comments about seafood for a 6 months baby. Some parents really need to get educated.
TSintellactual85
post Sep 12 2019, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(air_ed20 @ Sep 12 2019, 09:44 AM)
First kudos to a great parenting ... but eczema comes in a lot of sensitivities, I'll separate a few in below summarize;

1. For head try use sebame so they won't form bad dandruff but consult pharmacy if it's ok for infant this age
2. Use soap which is medicinal
3. Seafood is a no no
4. Tight waist pant, belt metal will cause itchiness - try stay out of it

Lastly I got one friend severe case but he's late 20s or early 30s it comes and go, he went hospital for jap and they wrap him like mummy but it was a good kill for the eczhema.. note that this is better treatment in SG as MY treat it differently
steroid jab? i think the wrap is doing the wet wrap right?
TSintellactual85
post Sep 12 2019, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(laitlee @ Sep 12 2019, 11:36 AM)
Isomil Plus too? Hmm
yup
TSintellactual85
post Sep 12 2019, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(Pikichu @ Sep 12 2019, 11:49 AM)
7 months old baby is fed with manufactured formula?!!
Then suffer eczema, parents continue to feed formula!!!

Mother's breast milk is the best food for baby.

While reverting to breast milk, surface cleaning and hygiene, remember to keep the skin moisturize. Two weeks should be evidence.

I pity seeing comments about seafood for a 6 months baby. Some parents really need to get educated.
my son is now almost 4 years old and i breastfed him until 2 years plus. stop because he rejected breast milk. mention he got ezcema SINCE 6 months old and he never ate seafood his entire life...aside from salmon

This post has been edited by intellactual85: Sep 12 2019, 12:00 PM
Pikichu
post Sep 12 2019, 12:02 PM

Regular
1,623 posts

QUOTE(intellactual85 @ Sep 12 2019, 11:55 AM)
my son is now almost 4 years old and i breastfed him until 2 years plus. stop because he rejected breast milk. mention he got ezcema SINCE 6 months old
Thank you for clarifying. Child is 3+ years of age.

There is a human physiological function called "weening"
It is natural and common. It means human child goes off milk.

Then find out, 'lactose intolerance' another natural physiological change.

Once you understand these physiological functions, then ask one question.
Why are you forcing your child milk that the body is design to reject.

When you shift to Isomil, the body still has to expel the toxin.
That's why the eczema did not subside. Also I suggest 2 weeks.

Hope it is clear what you need to do.

Don't listen to public because there are people profiting from selling milk. Remember one PM once said 1mdb is good but then hoard billions at home.

2 weeks, then see the results.
TSintellactual85
post Sep 12 2019, 12:11 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(Pikichu @ Sep 12 2019, 12:02 PM)
Thank you for clarifying. Child is 3+ years of age.

There is a human physiological function called "weening"
It is natural and common. It means human child goes off milk.

Then find out, 'lactose intolerance' another natural physiological change.

Once you understand these physiological functions, then ask one question.
Why are you forcing your child milk that the body is design to reject.

When you shift to Isomil, the body still has to expel the toxin.
That's why the eczema did not subside. Also I suggest 2 weeks.

Hope it is clear what you need to do.

Don't listen to public because there are people profiting from selling milk. Remember one PM once said 1mdb is good but then hoard billions at home.

2 weeks, then see the results.
actually my son drinks EBM previously. did test and seems that he is not allergic to lactose. dont really listen to public but want some suggestion especially from parents with experience having kids with eczema. there's only 1 comment on milk though.. and i still go to the pediatric dermatologist. but thanks for the input
Pikichu
post Sep 12 2019, 12:20 PM

Regular
1,623 posts

QUOTE(intellactual85 @ Sep 12 2019, 12:11 PM)
actually my son drinks EBM previously. did test and seems that he is not allergic to lactose. dont really listen to public but want some suggestion especially from parents with experience having kids with eczema. there's only 1 comment on milk though.. and i still go to the pediatric dermatologist. but thanks for the input
There is a scientific research, (no time now to search it for just 1 person)
It documented how babies did not react to allergy test because test is just a prick on the skin or mix of blood.
But when the diet was corrected, change occurred.

There may be other causes for eczema so personal results may vary.

Ideally should test for 2 to 4 weeks abstain, then introduce the sensitive ingredient again, to validate findings.
But that would be more suffering for the child.

While I have benefit from some good doctors, I have been a victim of many doctors too.
Medical centers profit from patient visits, test and sales of pharmaceutical and equipment.
Some doctors are not even up-to-date. As Jack Ma said, experts are familiar with the past.

When you post on public forum like LYN, this is listening to public.
Only Laitlee and me recognize lactose intolerance. Intelligent people are a minority.

Edit: Animals' milk is different from human breast milk. For a calf to grow from infant to adult weight, what do you think cow's milk is made for? Not suitable for human? But if you disagree, why not buy a carton of cow's milk and drink it all yourself for a whole day. You won't die but your body will suffer the consequences.

Anyway, I am not profiting from you.
Did not sell you another product. Merely suggest you abstain, see the effect in 2 weeks.

This post has been edited by Pikichu: Sep 12 2019, 12:25 PM
air_ed20
post Sep 12 2019, 12:52 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

QUOTE(intellactual85 @ Sep 12 2019, 11:53 AM)
steroid jab? i think the wrap is doing the wet wrap right?
well Idk in details but he was wrap like a mummy and was told jap needed....since then it was like 2 - 3 months after his eczema since to be improve a lot
TSintellactual85
post Sep 12 2019, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(Pikichu @ Sep 12 2019, 12:20 PM)
There is a scientific research, (no time now to search it for just 1 person)
It documented how babies did not react to allergy test because test is just a prick on the skin or mix of blood. 
But when the diet was corrected, change occurred.

There may be other causes for eczema so personal results may vary.

Ideally should test for 2 to 4 weeks abstain, then introduce the sensitive ingredient again, to validate findings.
But that would be more suffering for the child.

While I have benefit from some good doctors, I have been a victim of many doctors too.
Medical centers profit from patient visits, test and sales of pharmaceutical and equipment.
Some doctors are not even up-to-date. As Jack Ma said, experts are familiar with the past.

When you post on public forum like LYN, this is listening to public.
Only Laitlee and me recognize lactose intolerance. Intelligent people are a minority.

Edit: Animals' milk is different from human breast milk. For a calf to grow from infant to adult weight, what do you think cow's milk is made for? Not suitable for human? But if you disagree, why not buy a carton of cow's milk and drink it all yourself for a whole day. You won't die but your body will suffer the consequences.

Anyway, I am not profiting from you.
Did not sell you another product. Merely suggest you abstain, see the effect in 2 weeks.
well thanks, by the way i am looking for opinions which i will be discussing with my paed dermatologist. another doctor suggest to do that. instead of getting only input from the doctor, we do reading and ask around because others might have experience. so we discussed with our doctor and only do what is best for the kid. i dont randomly just listen and follow. some ppl might be intelligent but in terms of manners, they lack of it either face to face or digital

This post has been edited by intellactual85: Sep 12 2019, 02:33 PM
Pikichu
post Sep 12 2019, 02:43 PM

Regular
1,623 posts

QUOTE(intellactual85 @ Sep 12 2019, 02:32 PM)
well thanks, by the way i am looking for opinions which i will be discussing with my paed dermatologist. another doctor suggest to do that. instead of getting only input from the doctor, we do reading and ask around because others might have experience. so we discussed with our doctor and only do what is best for the kid. i dont randomly just listen and follow. some ppl might be intelligent but in terms of manners, they lack of it either face to face or digital
Hope you update your move and results here.
alvin456
post Feb 23 2021, 11:01 AM

2 posts

So our Daughter was diagnosed with Ezcema from 4 months old. (She's 5 years old now). The battle last about 3 years with on and off steroidal and moisturizing lotions.
One thing that we did learn is to have a strict regime of moisturizing and only use steroidal cream 3-5 days max during flares then you will need breaks.

The other thing that we learned was that chemical irritant in our daily products like household cleaning, laundry products, fragrance and SLS being the main caused as explained by the doctors.
Not sure if it would work for you, but it did work for us.

In general here below are the ingredients that we should avoid:

BHA, BHT, Coal tar dyes: p-phenylenediamine, DEA-related ingredients, Dibutyl phthalate, Formaldehyde, Parabens, Parfum (a.k.a. fragrance), PEG compounds, Petrolatum, Siloxanes, Sodium laureth sulfate, Triclosan

We are lucky to be able to keep her ezcema in control, rarely requiring steroid application, only when it gets worse, and we kept to Aveeno Baby as her daily moisturizer.
We are off steroid for about 3 years now, and she's much better.

Here below is link to our blog.
https://soapnutrepublic.com.my/blogs/news/o...tle-with-ezcema

tonyy2999
post Feb 23 2021, 11:05 AM

Getting Started
205 posts

QUOTE(intellactual85 @ Jul 22 2019, 11:32 AM)
my son has an eczmea since he was 6 months old. it comes & goes sometime i am not sure the reason of it to flare up as i control what he ate
anyone can share tips to reduce eczmea flare up + good products you are using?

icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif

thank you in advance
Me suffering for eczema for years. It is very difficult to find out which is the allergent.

The best way is to go do blood test for allergent, any medical center / BP lab can do, around few hundred.

They will give you a report to show you which is the allergent, then you will know what to avoid. Blood test is the best way to find out.

Do not waste your value money on other things, i have gone through that route, none will solve your problem, until you know which is the thing that cause you the problem.

Go do allergy blood test.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:18 PM