Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Are MBA useless compared to masters degrees?

views

Exodius
post Jul 26 2019, 10:26 AM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(holypredator @ Jul 18 2019, 11:36 PM)
Why do people take MBA? It seems like a useless course compared to masters, especially if your degree is a business degree.

MBA basically is a mixture of everything business related and you get a bit of marketing, management, HR, accounts, finance and communication.

Those papers/syllabus are all intermediate level rather than actually advance or master level.

Most uni I see actually wants people without business background to take up MBA.

Pretty useless in corporate to say the least. Maybe for own business and entrepreneur but definitely master of non.

Why not take Masters of management or masters of science business management or masters of finance or masters of marketing.

Masters of business management syllabus covers business strategy, management competencies, business/market environment etc. (basically everything on management aspect and how to develop yourself to be on the management level).

Masters of International Business Management even better for those who wants to be on the management side for MNC. They mostly cover the same stuff as business management but with a more global perspective i.e. how to apply business strategies at different parts of the world.

Masters of Finance of course fully finance focus, great for financial analyst or those who work in the financial sectors, especially technical based.

Masters of Marketing, suitable for marketers, brand managers etc. For example, covering on ATL/BTL/TTL, advertising strategy and promotional strategy.
yet i still plan to take it up even though im from law background. Dont know if its useful in future.

Exodius
post Jul 28 2019, 01:10 AM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Jul 27 2019, 06:34 PM)
Curious as to if you already have LLM and reasons for selecting MBA instead if you don't.
Yea I do have llm . Plan to go in house in future so was hoping that MBA would be useful for me to climb up the corporate ladder
Exodius
post Jul 28 2019, 10:35 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(xenotzu @ Jul 28 2019, 09:33 AM)
Only PQE is required. If you look at in house counsel adverts, they specify professional qualifications and experience. PM me if you want to chat about this.
Alright thanks ! Will do

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:55 PM