Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Logitech Malaysia Is A JOKE, Support team is useless

views

TSrexksvii
post Jul 18 2019, 10:59 PM, updated 5y ago

40 posts

I bought a Logitech G Pro keyboard 3 months ago from Lazada. All of the sudden, the LED lights on the keyboard is not working. I have filed an inquiry on Logitech official website and get no response. Then I seek for the help from their Facebook page since their official website seems like for display purpose only.

FINALLY, i got some response from the Facebook page. I explained my situation to them and all they do is giving me "advice" and ask me to seek for Lazada for RMA process. I was like what the fuck? I have bought the items for 3 months and been using it since then and now they told me to get Lazada for RMA process? Maybe I'm a little bit new in this kind of stuff but since when a seller should responsible for the RMA process but not the official distributor or the manufacturer themselves? Why would I have to go for Lazada? What IF Lazada quit their business in Malaysia? Which mean I could not get my warranty at all?? What if I'm not buying from Lazada but some random seller in shopping mall? And what if the seller closed the business? I'm basically screwed? That's what Logitech, a multi-million company trying to tell me?

I have never had an issue with Logitech product. But with this kind of service level, no matter how good the product is, it's very difficult for me to go back to them as their warranty just doesn't seems like warranty to me. It's just like buying from Taobao or whatever overseas website. I doesn't feel like I'm covered by official warranty and the Facebook admin is rude and not helpful in this scenario.

We can see the facebook page have a lot of negative feedback. It seems like it's not just me are not happy with them. Fortunately for product at this price range, we have tons of choice. Good luck Logitech
goldfries
post Jul 18 2019, 11:00 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

But that's how things work. If you bought from a place and face problem, you should go back to that place - whether it's the shop, or Lazada.
TSrexksvii
post Jul 18 2019, 11:02 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Jul 18 2019, 11:00 PM)
But that's how things work. If you bought from a place and face problem, you should go back to that place - whether it's the shop, or Lazada.
I will always go for the official distributor way. It's the best if we could just directly deal with the distributor instead of facing the seller again. What if the seller is not responsible at all? We have tons of seller like this, let it be online seller or shop retailer.
goldfries
post Jul 18 2019, 11:06 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

You know right, distributor already has many things to handle. Typically they do not take on cases directly unless there's some difficulty.

If not then they'll still tell you go through proper RMA process which starts from the seller.
acbc
post Jul 18 2019, 11:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

Sometimes the product could be parallel imported. If so, the official distributor can refuse warranty.
Red_rustyjelly
post Jul 18 2019, 11:11 PM

Enthusiast
846 posts

QUOTE(rexksvii @ Jul 18 2019, 10:59 PM)
I have bought the items for 3 months and been using it since then and now they told me to get Lazada for RMA process? Maybe I'm a little bit new in this kind of stuff but since when a seller should responsible for the RMA process but not the official distributor or the manufacturer themselves? Why would I have to go for Lazada? What IF Lazada quit their business in Malaysia? Which mean I could not get my warranty at all?? What if I'm not buying from Lazada but some random seller in shopping mall? And what if the seller closed the business? I'm basically screwed? That's what Logitech, a multi-million company trying to tell me?

this statement itself,
yes, you should get back to lazada. not directly, because to avoid fraudulent, many people would abuse this issue if one buy from a channel, and decided to go directly to the brand owner. and, to put matters in a simple way, lazada did not quit right? so don't jump into assumption first.
nate_nightroad
post Jul 18 2019, 11:12 PM

Endless numbered days...
3,537 posts

QUOTE(rexksvii @ Jul 18 2019, 11:02 PM)
I will always go for the official distributor way. It's the best if we could just directly deal with the distributor instead of facing the seller again. What if the seller is not responsible at all? We have tons of seller like this, let it be online seller or shop retailer.
wah official distributor is officially representing the brand here in malaysia - they do product registration (probably with SIRIM), do all the paper work, and all the promotion…but u end up buy from dunno what company from china..so now got shitty problem u want the official distributor to RMA for you??
Red_rustyjelly
post Jul 18 2019, 11:14 PM

Enthusiast
846 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Jul 18 2019, 11:09 PM)
Sometimes the product could be parallel imported. If so, the official distributor can refuse warranty.
yes, in my case where my ex-company is dealing with car electronic parts.

some asshole sub-dealer decided to import from Singapore because we don't distribute to him due to poor paymaster.

then their parts from Singapore always facing defect because of different spec when installed.
whose problem? I think the consumer's problem because want it cheap, in fact, cheaper than what we sell.

on a side note, we have an official part certificate when we sell those that stated originally produced for Malaysia. Consumer know this because we advertised in FB to encourage buy genuine parts product for Malaysia.

This post has been edited by Red_rustyjelly: Jul 18 2019, 11:16 PM
TSrexksvii
post Jul 18 2019, 11:18 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(nate_nightroad @ Jul 18 2019, 11:12 PM)
wah official distributor is officially representing the brand here in malaysia - they do product registration (probably with SIRIM), do all the paper work, and all the promotion…but u end up buy from dunno what company from china..so now got shitty problem u want the official distributor to RMA for you??
I clearly stated i bought i from Lazada.
TSrexksvii
post Jul 18 2019, 11:25 PM

40 posts

I will still stand my point. By right, yes, seller should responsible for this kind of stuffs. My concern is seller are not trusted when dealing with RMA. Sorry to say this, most seller will guarantee you everything but when goes to RMA, they just drag it for few weeks or never update on status.

I have seen too many cases like this. The best way to get the thing fix is always get the distributor. Same goes to car. If all the Volkswagen buyers don't stand their point and fight for the warranty, you think their car dealer will replace all those faulty part for them? Same goes to any products. I don't trust seller when deal with warranty.

Logitech has similar situation like Nintendo where they both have no official channel here in Malaysia and the warranty have to go through distributor and seller. Most of the seller are not responsible at all, as we know there are seller everywhere now. Most of the players will claim their warranty through the distributor directly instead of going another layer.
TSrexksvii
post Jul 18 2019, 11:28 PM

40 posts

Another reason that I'm not happy with Logitech malaysia is that their support team is basically useless. Their attitude has problem, they don't reply the ticket that I created. My company with only 80 person has better support service than Logitech.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:38 PM