Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Study A-level Biology without IGCSE Bio

views

TSsthxrz P
post Jul 18 2019, 09:42 PM, updated 2 months ago

Probation
2 posts

Hello everyone, I am curious if I will be able to study A-level Biology if I didnt take Biology in high school. I suddenly changed my mind and I'm considering to be a nurse.

Is it possible to study A-level Biology in this way? Please help, thanks.
Captain89
post Jul 18 2019, 10:58 PM

Casual
347 posts

QUOTE(sthxrz @ Jul 18 2019, 09:42 PM)
Hello everyone, I am curious if I will be able to study A-level Biology if I didnt take Biology in high school. I suddenly changed my mind and I'm considering to be a nurse.

You will have to memorise a lot of information. So for AS level about the same as SPM syllabus+abit more info. A2 level there’s 5 times more info than AS. Many reactions and different types of enzyme. Not mistaken there are 32 different enzymes for whole bio syllabus.

Up to you. If you like bio then might be easy. Alevel is all about doing past years biggrin.gif haha. SPM students will find it slightly easier cause they learn it during secondary.Its a whole different thing for IG students.

Goodluck and decide properly

iSean
post Jul 19 2019, 12:21 AM

iz old liao.
3,357 posts

QUOTE(sthxrz @ Jul 18 2019, 09:42 PM)

Well depends you want to join directly "Diploma" Level or waste 2 years in Pre-U before joining "Degree" Level.
Most Malaysians just join Diploma most of the time? IMHO.
One of my friend just study diploma level after SPM, now working in Singapore this year.

user posted image
https://eduadvisor.my/nursing/

Entry requirements extracted from IMC Website:

Diploma

Pass SPM or equivalent with five (5) credit.
Mandatory Credits in
Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia

Mathematics/Additional Mathematics
Either One (1) of the Credits for these subjects
General Science

Biology

Chemistry

Physics

Applied Science
Credits in Two (2) other subjects
Any subject
Pass in
English

But if you are keen to do A-Levels, I will only suggest doing 3 A-Level Subjects, like most A-Level students.
4th Subject normally will be very hard to maintain in A-Levels, especially you take Pure Science Stream (Biology / Chemistry / Physics) + Mathematics

A-Level Biology is a hardcore reading subject, this subject is very strict on its marking scheme.
Personally, even I scored A+ in SPM Biology, I struggled to keep up with my 4 A-Levels subjects and gotten an overall B in Biology.

Things I would recommend you to do now, is to think about your "second" Aspiration on what you want after A-Levels to do besides "Nursing".
And select your A-level subject combo based on that.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0673sec    2.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd August 2019 - 11:59 PM