Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Adjuster cost of repair too low, according to car workshop

views

WaCKy-Angel
post Oct 9 2019, 03:08 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(gu~wak_zhai @ Oct 9 2019, 03:00 PM)
Can't claim total loss since not fully covered by special peril, max insurance will pay is 9.4k  sad.gif
I didnt know special perils got limit.

If u dont mind can you show your insurance premium here? u can filter out sensitive info.
abubin
post Oct 9 2019, 03:24 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(gu~wak_zhai @ Oct 9 2019, 03:00 PM)
Can't claim total loss since not fully covered by special peril, max insurance will pay is 9.4k  sad.gif
Damn these insurance companies. Lots of fine prints when it comes to claims.
TSgu~wak_zhai
post Oct 9 2019, 04:52 PM

Lecturer
1,178 posts

I dun pay premium for special peril, this limited one is given foc by my insurer on promotion. So basically I can't claim total loss so I'm already consider lucky to be covered altho limited sad.gif
TSgu~wak_zhai
post Oct 9 2019, 04:59 PM

Lecturer
1,178 posts

QUOTE(gu~wak_zhai @ Jul 18 2019, 08:05 PM)
I am under-insured, I did not buy the additional flood coverage premium. It just that my insurance added this new special peril coverage up to RM10k for free starting this year if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't aware of that that's why I initially tow the car to another workshop (based on recommendation by friend) before sending to this panel workshop. The first workshop has already open up the engine and identified the damage ie piston shaft bend, a lot time has been wasted  sad.gif

And since the coverage is only RM10k max, I still choose the recommended panel workshop (based on insurance company's website) because I assumed it will be cheaper than sending to 4S.

The reason why I choose this workshop is because it is endorsed by the insurance company as Quality Workshop. sad.gif
I really hope they can fix it.
My previous reply on my coverage in case u all still wondering.
Oldskolboyz
post Oct 10 2019, 09:17 AM

Regular
1,422 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Oct 9 2019, 03:08 PM)
I didnt know special perils got limit.

If u dont mind can you show your insurance premium here? u can filter out sensitive info.
Since Motor Insurance under Detariff/Open tariff so every insurance company can offer free coverage as they like but with LIMITED VALUE.. If you want same value as per sum insured than you have to pay additional premium & rate is diff among insce com.. some could be lower & some at higher side, this rate based on their own motor loss ratio.. so enjoy shopping..
WaCKy-Angel
post Oct 10 2019, 09:20 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(Oldskolboyz @ Oct 10 2019, 09:17 AM)
Since Motor Insurance under Detariff/Open tariff so every insurance company can offer free coverage as they like but with LIMITED VALUE.. If you want same value as per sum insured than you have to pay additional premium & rate is diff among insce com.. some could be lower & some at higher side, this rate based on their own motor loss ratio.. so enjoy shopping..
Wow didnt know got company offering special perils for free eventhough its limited. Any idea which company has that?
TSgu~wak_zhai
post Oct 10 2019, 03:58 PM

Lecturer
1,178 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Oct 10 2019, 09:20 AM)
Wow didnt know got company offering special perils for free eventhough its limited. Any idea which company has that?
Mine is berjaya sompo. They're still offering this now.
Oldskolboyz
post Oct 10 2019, 05:14 PM

Regular
1,422 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Oct 10 2019, 09:20 AM)
Go to each insurance comp website coz every company provide diff2 free limited coverage one.. got flood, PA & etc but Windscreen excluded coz this one need to pay.. Sad my company only give free towing charges within 60km frm car location to nearest SC/Workshop.. coz motor loss ratio 280% - 300% every yr.. BNM not allowed..

This post has been edited by Oldskolboyz: Oct 10 2019, 05:20 PM
Jason
post Oct 10 2019, 05:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(gu~wak_zhai @ Oct 9 2019, 02:05 PM)
hi guys just an update, total repair cost 22k, insurance cover about 9k, need to fork out additional 13k.

heart pain but seeing the car run again and smoothly, I'm quite happy smile.gif

I have been following the process of repair quite closely with the workshop. He sourced quite a few unit of half cut parts to repair mine. they wanted to replace the whole engine but then it doesn't work well with ECU as the engine is from other country. so end up replacing the piston and polish my engine block, previously got scratched. my gearbox also not working initially due to some sensor problem, won't switch gear. then they replace the faulty parts using half cut parts as well. for ECU i think should be fine cause water did not reach there. but then the sensors around the car and harness is replaced.

here's the thing though, when I ask him to come out with a list of repair parts and costs, he seems reluctant to do so. saying that he has done a lot in one shot and not keeping track because he wanna get my car out ASAP. Should I be aware of this before signing off the insurance documents and make payment?
22k sounds awfully high. Anyway it’s already done. Moral of the story for a young car 3 year old should go back original manufacturer workshop.

And you CAN ask for itemized invoice, otherwise how the hell you know what you’re paying for.

arza04
post Oct 11 2019, 02:49 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

Good lesson to learn

I always take full special perils coverage for my car, cost RM100-200++ only (depend on car sum insured) but have peace of mind for the whole year

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0119sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:22 AM