Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

superbike malaysia financial, biker's choice?

views

blackbox14
post Jul 17 2019, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Jul 17 2019, 11:15 AM)
first question is.....are you into bike or just want to 'blend in'?

many people lust for big bike at first, but end up sell back due to lack of passion.
Agreed.

TS, don't just buy to fit into the crowd. Get your license, then start small to see if you'll be able to endure the many inconveniences of riding a motorcycle compared to driving a car. If you can't deal with it, you'll reduce your losses. If you really enjoy riding, then only buy big.

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Jul 17 2019, 01:37 PM)
And I Hate it when bikers use the top speed to guage the bike

Ask me... What's the top speed?

I ride 950cc and 1200cc ... Never once I touch the top speed.
Out of curiosity, only once I hit 170kmh, but that was like for 5 second only.
I absolutely hate that, along with the mindset that ride above 250cc = must ride as fast as possible all the time, everywhere and must be an expert rider. If not, the people who think like this will cucuk you on narrow, single lane roads with kapchai or other vehicle to show superiority. These are some of the big bikers stigma in Malaysia and shows that the country's riders still haven't matured to the level of those in Japan and Europe.
blackbox14
post Jul 17 2019, 07:25 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Jul 17 2019, 02:41 PM)
can you tahan the sunburn heat in Malaysia or not?
This is the true test of bikerhood here haha. Then have to see if you can tahan being all sweaty before and after ride.

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Jul 17 2019, 03:41 PM)
Yes.  Many even tease me.  If I don't ride fast and recklessly, why ride big cc bike ?

Speaking of getting cucuk by smaller bikes...I always get tail gate or even overtake in narrow single lane, especially those slip road for motorbikes at the toll area.  These single lane slip road have speed bumps.  I will definitely slow down when going one the speed bump due to the hard suspension on my bike.
Smaller bikes will show their ego by over taking me at the speed bump even the road is only single lane.  Dangerous.

But once we go back onto the main road, I'll over take them back with ease.  Lol.
I recently upgraded and I have noticed that these riders are more aggressive than they were when I was on my NMAX. This has been the biggest challenge for me going back up to bigger bikes. When I lanesplit or go on those toll side roads, they used to keep distance, but now they inch closer and closer. It's pretty unsettling.

As you've said though, open roads are fine.

QUOTE(Kaboku @ Jul 17 2019, 05:42 PM)
Fully agree. They will just overtake and tail gate u when you are slower than them then overtake anywhere when got space for them w/o being concerned about others. There is no harm riding a big bike slow.
I wish more people understood this. My bike is also still in break in period and I'm still adjusting to its proportions and maneuvering. Many out there like to defend the gottagofast crowd saying that 'you don't know their reasons for having to rush' but there are reasons why people are going slow too.
blackbox14
post Jul 18 2019, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(Kaboku @ Jul 18 2019, 11:13 AM)
2. Getting use the bike is fun and scary at the same time.
Definitely. The 2nd biggest thing after road user perception for me is having to be more deliberate and put more effort into corners. With my scooter I was able to simply push on the handlebar and it would go. However, I was surprised that this bike is more stable than my NMAX at any speed.

I'll put up an owner's review of it after I hit the 1000km service. Quite a few people have asked about the model before.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:14 PM