Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> superbike malaysia financial, biker's choice?

views

cmah89
post Jul 17 2019, 05:45 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

If wang banyak, start small CC for half year or a year then go bigger CC smile.gif
Although is a waste but take as investment...

Second hand 250cc / 300cc....if take 6xxcc might as well take 1000cc straight. lol
blackbox14
post Jul 17 2019, 07:25 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Jul 17 2019, 02:41 PM)
can you tahan the sunburn heat in Malaysia or not?
This is the true test of bikerhood here haha. Then have to see if you can tahan being all sweaty before and after ride.

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Jul 17 2019, 03:41 PM)
Yes.  Many even tease me.  If I don't ride fast and recklessly, why ride big cc bike ?

Speaking of getting cucuk by smaller bikes...I always get tail gate or even overtake in narrow single lane, especially those slip road for motorbikes at the toll area.  These single lane slip road have speed bumps.  I will definitely slow down when going one the speed bump due to the hard suspension on my bike.
Smaller bikes will show their ego by over taking me at the speed bump even the road is only single lane.  Dangerous.

But once we go back onto the main road, I'll over take them back with ease.  Lol.
I recently upgraded and I have noticed that these riders are more aggressive than they were when I was on my NMAX. This has been the biggest challenge for me going back up to bigger bikes. When I lanesplit or go on those toll side roads, they used to keep distance, but now they inch closer and closer. It's pretty unsettling.

As you've said though, open roads are fine.

QUOTE(Kaboku @ Jul 17 2019, 05:42 PM)
Fully agree. They will just overtake and tail gate u when you are slower than them then overtake anywhere when got space for them w/o being concerned about others. There is no harm riding a big bike slow.
I wish more people understood this. My bike is also still in break in period and I'm still adjusting to its proportions and maneuvering. Many out there like to defend the gottagofast crowd saying that 'you don't know their reasons for having to rush' but there are reasons why people are going slow too.
Khai92
post Jul 17 2019, 07:31 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Jul 17 2019, 05:23 PM)
not really. seems like u are generalizing all hobbies are waste.
stick with axia la
I got bfull license, stop trolling?
g3n0c|d3
post Jul 17 2019, 10:00 PM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....
6,408 posts

QUOTE(Kaboku @ Jul 17 2019, 05:42 PM)
The fastest I have gone is 100kmh. How you go 120kmh on normal roads? fastest I have gone on normal road is 80
the fastest on normal road is 120km/j (when there are less cars and at night). usually i'll be cruising like 90km/j to 100km/j but the bad thing about cruising on that speed is ur balls gonna be cooked if ure going for a long haul.

beside i like riding at night. its a bit colder thou ur field of vision is gonna be limited.
Kaboku
post Jul 18 2019, 11:13 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(blackbox14 @ Jul 17 2019, 07:25 PM)
1. This is the true test of bikerhood here haha. Then have to see if you can tahan being all sweaty before and after ride.

2. I wish more people understood this. My bike is also still in break in period and I'm still adjusting to its proportions and maneuvering. Many out there like to defend the gottagofast crowd saying that 'you don't know their reasons for having to rush' but there are reasons why people are going slow too.
1. I agree. I always sweat before and after the ride.

2. Getting use the bike is fun and scary at the same time.

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Jul 17 2019, 10:00 PM)
the fastest on normal road is 120km/j (when there are less cars and at night). usually i'll be cruising like 90km/j to 100km/j but the bad thing about cruising on that speed is ur balls gonna be cooked if ure going for a long haul.

beside i like riding at night. its a bit colder thou ur field of vision is gonna be limited.
I also prefer to ride at night as not much traffic and the air is more cooling. Downside is whereever u want to go got time limit as shops closing soon
blackbox14
post Jul 18 2019, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(Kaboku @ Jul 18 2019, 11:13 AM)
2. Getting use the bike is fun and scary at the same time.
Definitely. The 2nd biggest thing after road user perception for me is having to be more deliberate and put more effort into corners. With my scooter I was able to simply push on the handlebar and it would go. However, I was surprised that this bike is more stable than my NMAX at any speed.

I'll put up an owner's review of it after I hit the 1000km service. Quite a few people have asked about the model before.
dyzr
post Jul 18 2019, 05:20 PM

18 posts

choosing a bike aint that easy by just choose which you can afford.

go do more research..
Kaboku
post Jul 19 2019, 09:47 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(blackbox14 @ Jul 18 2019, 12:17 PM)
Definitely. The 2nd biggest thing after road user perception for me is having to be more deliberate and put more effort into corners. With my scooter I was able to simply push on the handlebar and it would go. However, I was surprised that this bike is more stable than my NMAX at any speed.

I'll put up an owner's review of it after I hit the 1000km service. Quite a few people have asked about the model before.
with this u need to do proper counter steering to lean the bike into corners
ajaibman
post Jul 19 2019, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
202 posts

For TS

Get this... Its only 300k and slow as hell.. sure it safe for you, also will look cool in front of any MILF.. and.. you can afford it..

user posted image

This post has been edited by ajaibman: Jul 19 2019, 10:40 AM
TSsin1 P
post Jul 21 2019, 03:41 AM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Jul 17 2019, 01:01 AM)
License 1st then bike.

Hahaha but in reality how much ure willng to spend monthly?
And do consider for maintainence also.

Does it need to be a brand new bike? Or 2nd hand bike also can?
QUOTE(Hades76 @ Jul 17 2019, 02:11 PM)
TS ... what kinda bike you like ? There are so many types of bike that fits to a persons taste and purpose.

Once you have drilled this down, then you can focus onthe various models that bike type has to offer from all the various manufacturers.

And what ever it is, license first.
thanks for your concern about license bros, i'm in the process of getting it already - if all goes well by Aug/Sept can get.

i think my plan will be... sports bike/sbk first since now still can tahan the riding pos, and then years later get a bmw gs before reach 40... or when 40...

As for how much i'm willing to spend monthly.... err let's say 1.5 - 2k just for the motorcycle alone(still will have monthly savings of around 5k~ but i really prefer not to touch this money), and preferably new bike because this is really just a hobby...

any bike suggestions that fits this rough estimate please?

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Jul 17 2019, 10:40 AM)
Buying a bike shouldn't be about keeping up with office colleagues. If u have no interest, any range, model will be a bad choice.

However, biking may opens up a wonderful addictive pasttime for those who can afford it as a hobby. Watch some youtube videos like Yammie Noob to gain some insight
QUOTE(leon898 @ Jul 17 2019, 11:15 AM)
first question is.....are you into bike or just want to 'blend in'?

many people lust for big bike at first, but end up sell back due to lack of passion.
Hah... good catch, i have to admit, memang guilty on that la, sorry to say la - gaya & "blend-in" is indeed a minor factor. If it wasn't for my damn office that you can park your bikes at our office entrance macam premium parking type, i wouldn't have so much interest on it, but i have thought of this around 6 months++ already... and still am pursuing bikes, so i think i will give it a try.

QUOTE(lucifah @ Jul 17 2019, 05:45 PM)
if you want to die early, choose liter superbikes

if you want to live longer, then choose a smaller bike and familiarise yourself first

no doubt u can afford any of the high end bikes out there, but i have serious doubt that you can even handle a 250cc properly
I know what you are saying about litrebikes is so true, and how so many youtubers are saying the same - but i have a feeling my idiot lust will take over...

Can i get some indications of what kind of "high-end" bikes would my salary typically can afford? (ie. can share pls for example any biker you know and their rough salary range?)
I'm really scared to commit onto a bike that is over my financial capability. (and pretty sure it's over my riding capability HAH, i can only say sorry lah i'm dumb - if i die young, bury me in a field of roses)
TSsin1 P
post Jul 21 2019, 03:43 AM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(ajaibman @ Jul 19 2019, 10:39 AM)
For TS

Get this... Its only 300k  and slow as hell.. sure it safe for you, also will look cool in front of any MILF.. and.. you can afford it..

user posted image
woah wo wooh hold on there brah ohmy.gif

i really cannot afford a 300k stuff bye.gif

i also dream i can bro... and if i really gonna spend upwards of 300k, it will go towards a c300 or e250/530i... i tak berduit so main motor dulu rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
lucifah
post Jul 21 2019, 10:22 AM

St. Fu
Group Icon
Staff
7,574 posts

QUOTE(sin1 @ Jul 21 2019, 03:41 AM)

Can i get some indications of what kind of "high-end" bikes would my salary typically can afford? (ie. can share pls for example any biker you know and their rough salary range?)
I'm really scared to commit onto a bike that is over my financial capability. (and pretty sure it's over my riding capability HAH, i can only say sorry lah i'm dumb - if i die young, bury me in a field of roses)
kawasaki H2r (rm 245k), Yamaha R1-M (RM 118k), Ducati Panigale V4r (RM 299k), BMW HP4 Race (RM 491k)

choose your poison

while you're at it, buy a high risk insurance so if you are at least alive with permanent disability, u dont have to pay off the loan for the bikes

skyblu3
post Jul 21 2019, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(lucifah @ Jul 21 2019, 10:22 AM)
kawasaki H2r (rm 245k), Yamaha R1-M (RM 118k), Ducati Panigale V4r (RM 299k), BMW HP4 Race (RM 491k)

choose your poison

while you're at it, buy a high risk insurance so if you are at least alive with permanent disability, u dont have to pay off the loan for the bikes
Ok ah. Still affordable to me.
dogbert_chew
post Jul 21 2019, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(insane.kill @ Jul 16 2019, 10:49 PM)
Just go for honda cb650f.
Or the new CB650r
https://hondabigbike.com.my/product/21/overview

Can keep up w the big boys yet not too difficult for newbie to handle. New cafe racer naked model to get your office mates drooling.

Fits yr budget AND RM5k+ for a nice set of full face, gloves, Jacket and pants
lucifah
post Jul 21 2019, 12:23 PM

St. Fu
Group Icon
Staff
7,574 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Jul 21 2019, 10:42 AM)
Ok ah.  Still affordable to me.
of course it is for you thumbup.gif

those are not WSBK or MotoGP bikes like Honda RC213V (USD 184k) or a Desmo GP17 brows.gif

ZZR-Pilot
post Jul 22 2019, 02:37 PM

Enthusiast
840 posts

QUOTE(sin1 @ Jul 16 2019, 09:28 PM)
my friends in office are all more senior then me and no doubt they are raking in upwards of 20, 30 - so i can't really take financial advice and i need to keep my rather junior (ahem, low) salary a secret from them bruce.gif  They are riding bmw's, ducati's, harley (all types they tapau, got sport tourers, GTL, sbk), they're really not the type of people i would ask these type of "money" questions on...
Ukur baju di badan sendiri.

If I were you with your fat bonus, I'd buy a bike whose price matches what I can save up in a year. Buy cash, xyah hutang.

Depends la what your intention is, really.

Me, my bikes hv always been my daily ride to work... so expensive exoticas are out of the question.

Beware of the temptation of buying big bikes merely to 'keep up with the Joneses'.

nabelon
post Jul 22 2019, 03:05 PM

My Fight, My Freedom, My Desire
1,641 posts

in my opinion, the best would be triumph street triple 765. Smooth slick and well specced for the money smile.gif
skyblu3
post Jul 22 2019, 08:58 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(nabelon @ Jul 22 2019, 03:05 PM)
in my opinion, the best would be triumph street triple 765. Smooth slick and well specced for the money smile.gif
How is the reliability?

TSsin1 P
post Jul 22 2019, 09:23 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(lucifah @ Jul 21 2019, 10:22 AM)

choose your poison

i feel kena troll by a staff pulak.... bro when my friend suggest a 170k aprila i also flip table call him gila... i really cannot afford these.. (1.5k - 2k RM budget per month jer)

i'm just driving a little city boss, bukan taiko that drive civic/accord...

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Jul 22 2019, 02:37 PM)
Ukur baju di badan sendiri.

If I were you with your fat bonus, I'd buy a bike whose price matches what I can save up in a year. Buy cash, xyah hutang.

Depends la what your intention is, really.

Me, my bikes hv always been my daily ride to work... so expensive exoticas are out of the question.

Beware of the temptation of buying big bikes merely to 'keep up with the Joneses'.
thanks for the advice, i think it's a perfect example to follow... that equates to roughly 50-70k bike.. (ie. budget out the 2k that i'm willing to drop every month for bike + maybe sacrifice one year bonus cry.gif )

i think it's too late for me to turn back lol, have to admit i've fallen on that temptation already, last weekend, my senior taiko taiko's in my office lend me their 100k+++ bikes to mess around, fushh poison til the max, too bad those are mampu-test price range kind of bikes sad.gif

QUOTE(nabelon @ Jul 22 2019, 03:05 PM)
great stuff! i've looked it up and price is indeed very attractive, and i've contacted the pj dealer for test drive this week itself already!! thanks!

ajaibman
post Jul 22 2019, 09:52 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(sin1 @ Jul 22 2019, 09:23 PM)
great stuff! i've looked it up and price is indeed very attractive, and i've contacted the pj dealer for test drive this week itself already!! thanks!
Good luck.. give my regards to Datuk Malique.. a friend of mine..

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0456sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd September 2019 - 04:32 AM