Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> superbike malaysia financial, biker's choice?

views

TSsin1 P
post Jul 16 2019, 08:28 PM, updated 2 months ago

Probation
1 posts

hello fellow malaysians..

what kind of logical choice/model/price range of superbike would a person earning 12k monthly + additional confirmed 30~k annual bonus consider to buy?

my friends in office are all more senior then me and no doubt they are raking in upwards of 20, 30 - so i can't really take financial advice and i need to keep my rather junior (ahem, low) salary a secret from them bruce.gif They are riding bmw's, ducati's, harley (all types they tapau, got sport tourers, GTL, sbk), they're really not the type of people i would ask these type of "money" questions on...

ok as you can see, i don't know anything about bikes or their "acceptable" price:salary ratio like a car..

i asked another junior in office (oso going-to-be-biker), and got a troll answer telling me aprilla just came out new sbk, when ask price --> 170k rolleyes.gif go book it conlanfirm pass!

so... can afford a 70k-80k (600cc superbike) easily? What other bike choice would you get if you're on this financial situation?

*car: currently a honda city, still need another 3 years to bayar habis walaoweh puke.gif sweat.gif
house: got already a hand-me-down, so no need pay. No intention to get another house for the coming 3-5 years... tarak wang la boss
insane.kill
post Jul 16 2019, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

Just go for honda cb650f. You dont know anything about bike? License ada? If tiada,how to ride bike?
g3n0c|d3
post Jul 17 2019, 01:01 AM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....
6,408 posts

QUOTE(insane.kill @ Jul 16 2019, 10:49 PM)
Just go for honda cb650f. You dont know anything about bike? License ada? If tiada,how to ride bike?
License 1st then bike.

Hahaha but in reality how much ure willng to spend monthly?
And do consider for maintainence also.

Does it need to be a brand new bike? Or 2nd hand bike also can?

dogbert_chew
post Jul 17 2019, 10:40 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

Buying a bike shouldn't be about keeping up with office colleagues. If u have no interest, any range, model will be a bad choice.

However, biking may opens up a wonderful addictive pasttime for those who can afford it as a hobby. Watch some youtube videos like Yammie Noob to gain some insight
leon898
post Jul 17 2019, 11:15 AM

On my way
505 posts

QUOTE(sin1 @ Jul 16 2019, 08:28 PM)

what kind of logical choice/model/price range of superbike would a person earning 12k monthly + additional confirmed 30~k annual bonus consider to buy?

my friends in office are all more senior then me and no doubt they are raking in upwards of 20, 30 - so i can't really take financial advice and i need to keep my rather junior (ahem, low) salary a secret from them bruce.gif  They are riding bmw's, ducati's, harley (all types they tapau, got sport tourers, GTL, sbk), they're really not the type of people i would ask these type of "money" questions on...

ok as you can see, i don't know anything about bikes or their "acceptable" price:salary ratio like a car..

i asked another junior in office (oso going-to-be-biker), and got a troll answer telling me aprilla just came out new sbk, when ask price --> 170k  rolleyes.gif  go book it conlanfirm pass!

so... can afford a 70k-80k (600cc superbike) easily? What other bike choice would you get if you're on this financial situation?

*car: currently a honda city, still need another 3 years to bayar habis walaoweh puke.gif  sweat.gif
house: got already a hand-me-down, so no need pay. No intention to get another house for the coming 3-5 years... tarak wang la boss
first question is.....are you into bike or just want to 'blend in'?

many people lust for big bike at first, but end up sell back due to lack of passion.
basilisk
post Jul 17 2019, 12:38 PM

29 posts

no nid to think much.
wit ur bonus, get a used r1, go hit tht top speed.
done tht, strike it off ur bucket list -
ride superbike @ top speed.
sell it off.. next target..
skyblu3
post Jul 17 2019, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Jul 17 2019, 10:40 AM)
Buying a bike shouldn't be about keeping up with office colleagues. If u have no interest, any range, model will be a bad choice.

However, biking may opens up a wonderful addictive pasttime for those who can afford it as a hobby. Watch some youtube videos like Yammie Noob to gain some insight
And I Hate it when bikers use the top speed to guage the bike

Ask me... What's the top speed?

I ride 950cc and 1200cc ... Never once I touch the top speed.
Out of curiosity, only once I hit 170kmh, but that was like for 5 second only.

hong3831
post Jul 17 2019, 01:50 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

u might want to do more homework like how u intend to use the bike, what kind of motorcycle lifestyle u want.
Some ppl look for speed, some look for style, some look for relax.
blackbox14
post Jul 17 2019, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Jul 17 2019, 11:15 AM)

many people lust for big bike at first, but end up sell back due to lack of passion.
Agreed.

TS, don't just buy to fit into the crowd. Get your license, then start small to see if you'll be able to endure the many inconveniences of riding a motorcycle compared to driving a car. If you can't deal with it, you'll reduce your losses. If you really enjoy riding, then only buy big.

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Jul 17 2019, 01:37 PM)

I absolutely hate that, along with the mindset that ride above 250cc = must ride as fast as possible all the time, everywhere and must be an expert rider. If not, the people who think like this will cucuk you on narrow, single lane roads with kapchai or other vehicle to show superiority. These are some of the big bikers stigma in Malaysia and shows that the country's riders still haven't matured to the level of those in Japan and Europe.
Hades76
post Jul 17 2019, 02:11 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

TS ... what kinda bike you like ? There are so many types of bike that fits to a persons taste and purpose.

Once you have drilled this down, then you can focus onthe various models that bike type has to offer from all the various manufacturers.

And what ever it is, license first.
voscar
post Jul 17 2019, 02:41 PM

On my way
578 posts

TS, no license yet but targeting big bike because of colleagues? 1st question, can you tahan the sunburn heat in Malaysia or not?
g3n0c|d3
post Jul 17 2019, 03:08 PM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....
6,408 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Jul 17 2019, 01:37 PM)

i only hit 220km/j on my bike once and i felt like my balls disappeared to another dimension. The thing is the way it just go from 120km/j to 220km/j took only 3 seconds scares the hell outta me. i just afraid that i cant handle the sudden change of speed.

my riding speed is around 140km/j - 160km/j depending on the traffic and only at highways. normal roads, usually around 120km/j tops.

skyblu3
post Jul 17 2019, 03:41 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(blackbox14 @ Jul 17 2019, 02:05 PM)

I absolutely hate that, along with the mindset that ride above 250cc = must ride as fast as possible all the time, everywhere and must be an expert rider. If not, the people who think like this will cucuk you on narrow, single lane roads with kapchai or other vehicle to show superiority. These are some of the big bikers stigma in Malaysia and shows that the country's riders still haven't matured to the level of those in Japan and Europe.
Yes. Many even tease me. If I don't ride fast and recklessly, why ride big cc bike ?

Speaking of getting cucuk by smaller bikes...I always get tail gate or even overtake in narrow single lane, especially those slip road for motorbikes at the toll area. These single lane slip road have speed bumps. I will definitely slow down when going one the speed bump due to the hard suspension on my bike.
Smaller bikes will show their ego by over taking me at the speed bump even the road is only single lane. Dangerous.

But once we go back onto the main road, I'll over take them back with ease. Lol.
Justin.Loong
post Jul 17 2019, 04:02 PM

36 posts

my friends in office are all more senior then me and no doubt they are raking in upwards of 20, 30 - so i can't really take financial advice and i need to keep my rather junior (ahem, low) salary a secret from them bruce.gif  They are riding bmw's, ducati's, harley (all types they tapau, got sport tourers, GTL, sbk), they're really not the type of people i would ask these type of "money" questions on...

i asked another junior in office (oso going-to-be-biker), and got a troll answer telling me aprilla just came out new sbk, when ask price --> 170k  rolleyes.gif  go book it conlanfirm pass!

*car: currently a honda city, still need another 3 years to bayar habis walaoweh puke.gif  sweat.gif
F850GS nod.gif
user posted image
Khai92
post Jul 17 2019, 05:03 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Jul 17 2019, 11:15 AM)

It's the same for other hobby
Khai92
post Jul 17 2019, 05:05 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Jul 17 2019, 03:41 PM)
Yes.  Many even tease me.  If I don't ride fast and recklessly, why ride big cc bike ?

Speaking of getting cucuk by smaller bikes...I always get tail gate or even overtake in narrow single lane, especially those slip road for motorbikes at the toll area.  These single lane slip road have speed bumps.  I will definitely slow down when going one the speed bump due to the hard suspension on my bike.
Smaller bikes will show their ego by over taking me at the speed bump even the road is only single lane.  Dangerous.

But once we go back onto the main road, I'll over take them back with ease.  Lol.
You overtake people on highway but kapchai eat you in traffic, ntg to be proud of
Khai92
post Jul 17 2019, 05:05 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Jul 17 2019, 03:08 PM)
i only hit 220km/j on my bike once and i felt like my balls disappeared to another dimension. The thing is the way it just go from 120km/j to 220km/j took only 3 seconds  scares the hell outta me. i just afraid that i cant handle the sudden change of speed.

my riding speed is around 140km/j - 160km/j depending on the traffic and only at highways. normal roads, usually around 120km/j tops.
3 seconds? What beast are you riding!?!?
leon898
post Jul 17 2019, 05:23 PM

On my way
505 posts

QUOTE(Khai92 @ Jul 17 2019, 05:03 PM)
It's the same for other hobby
not really. seems like u are generalizing all hobbies are waste.
stick with axia la
Kaboku
post Jul 17 2019, 05:42 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(blackbox14 @ Jul 17 2019, 02:05 PM)
Fully agree. They will just overtake and tail gate u when you are slower than them then overtake anywhere when got space for them w/o being concerned about others. There is no harm riding a big bike slow.

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Jul 17 2019, 03:08 PM)
i only hit 220km/j on my bike once and i felt like my balls disappeared to another dimension. The thing is the way it just go from 120km/j to 220km/j took only 3 seconds  scares the hell outta me. i just afraid that i cant handle the sudden change of speed.

The fastest I have gone is 100kmh. How you go 120kmh on normal roads? fastest I have gone on normal road is 80

QUOTE(leon898 @ Jul 17 2019, 05:23 PM)
not really. seems like u are generalizing all hobbies are waste.
stick with axia la
Think he meant other hobbies need passion. Not all hobbies are a waste
lucifah
post Jul 17 2019, 05:45 PM

St. Fu
Group Icon
Staff
7,574 posts

if you want to die early, choose liter superbikes

if you want to live longer, then choose a smaller bike and familiarise yourself first

no doubt u can afford any of the high end bikes out there, but i have serious doubt that you can even handle a 250cc properly

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0503sec    2.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th September 2019 - 07:16 PM