Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What 1080p/4K Movie did You Watch Today (Part III), Movies thats worth sharing or warned abt

views

AVFAN
post Aug 21 2019, 09:47 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,218 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Aug 21 2019, 09:32 AM)
Tolkien (2019)

i decided not to watch this one... knowing it will be "slow and classic"...! biggrin.gif

i wanted to leave my impression of tolkien as i know him - from the long extras in Lord of The Rings (found on the BD's).

in those documentaries, a lot was shown about his life, his service in WWI, how all his friends died the war...

how the war horrors came to his writing of LOTR, e.g. what Isengard, Saruman and the orcs' destructive nature stood for in the modern world.

still remember a lot of it....
Mov_freak
post Aug 21 2019, 10:04 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,686 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Aug 21 2019, 09:47 AM)
i decided not to watch this one... knowing it will be "slow and classic"...! biggrin.gif

i wanted to leave my impression of tolkien as i know him - from the long extras in Lord of The Rings (found on the BD's).

in those documentaries, a lot was shown about his life, his service in WWI, how all his friends died the war...

how the war horrors came to his writing of LOTR, e.g. what Isengard, Saruman and the orcs' destructive nature stood for in the modern world.

still remember a lot of it....
That is why this movie beautifully done.

Not by beautifying war, and I am alibiing here, how Tolkien's psyche survive the War to End All War by processing the War into Fantasy, which became his works... Am I making sense.

You will be surprise who inspired the "Sam's" character. The "British" sense of "duty"

Sorry you have decided NOT TO watch this.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Aug 21 2019, 10:06 AM
widget
post Aug 21 2019, 10:15 AM

Enthusiast
980 posts

QUOTE(triple-x @ Aug 20 2019, 06:57 PM)
Hi to all sifus, may I know where are the sources to get these 4k movies? Online download or bluray disk from stores?
The legal route is from Netflix (they do shown some 4K movies) and bluray disk from stores/Amazon biggrin.gif

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0683sec    1.91    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 12:54 AM