Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

88 Pages « < 75 76 77 78 79 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What 1080p/4K Movie did You Watch Today (Part III), Movies thats worth sharing or warned abt

views

writesimply
post Jan 15 2022, 12:40 PM

Enthusiast
737 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jan 15 2022, 02:00 AM)
Yes it is IMAX version but not a very good arrangement, it jumping aspect ratio like for fun and not very meaningful like others IMAX movie.
Well...

The switch between Imax and non-Imax scenes happen when not all of the movie was shot with Imax-approved resolution; by this I mean Imax themselves determine what can be labelled Imax film. In the early days when Hollywood feature films were being shown in Imax screens using actual 70mm 15 perf, not all scenes were shot using Imax cameras. If you have Dark Knight on BD, you can see the switching between Imax scenes and non-imax scenes.

Later on when Imax redefined what Imax resolution is, 4K and 8K scenes shot with digital cameras can be considered as Imax resolution, with or without VFX. They also developed their own digital Imax movie cameras, working with Arri.

So I don't know why in Eternals the switching aspect ratio happens. But to be Imax resolution, it has to start during pre-production and budget planning because it costs more money. Not that Disney and Marvel don't have money to pay.

Also, I don't get to choose between Imax and non-Imax version on Disney+ Hotstar. Care to share a screen shot of the choice screen?

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jan 15 2022, 01:58 AM)
I finish watch, beside fully clothes guy guy very short kiss or a naked back of a guy and front girl fully cover important part which make Malaysia rate it 18+. Faint...  ...
Two separate issues. The 18+ rating, while politically understandable, is fucked up. What's more fucked up is that when Eternals was released in the cinemas, it was rated 18+ and they still censored those scenes. FINAS is fucked up.

The main issue is the pop-up warning on Disney+ Hotstar. 48 hours before Jan 15, only Eternals came up with the warning. They have since enabled that pop-up on any 18+ rated content, including TV series. Of course that means that it'll pop-up every single time you want to play the content. They should already do what Netflix does which is to create profiles for kids and adults.

rx330
post Jan 17 2022, 10:57 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,146 posts

I remember ada 3 scene tat was cut when I watched it in cinema

but all 3 tiga cium cium

@kelvinlim mgkn UHD version ada special for the 2 gay papa after the kiss kekekekke
kevinlim001
post Jan 17 2022, 08:27 PM

Ethical Hacker
5,976 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ Jan 17 2022, 10:57 AM)
I remember ada 3 scene tat was cut when I watched it in cinema

but all 3 tiga cium cium

@kelvinlim mgkn UHD version ada special for the 2 gay papa after the kiss kekekekke
no la back to earth still disney.. just kiss saja puke.gif

Deleted Scene

if anyone is interested

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: Jan 20 2022, 06:23 PM
Lurker
post Jan 28 2022, 09:39 AM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
4,175 posts

aiyoyoyoyo... 1st world issues
long CNY hols but no movies to catch at home!
Lurker
post Jan 29 2022, 11:18 AM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
4,175 posts

ok lahh.. at least got this
voscar
post Jan 29 2022, 05:39 PM

Regular
1,238 posts

QUOTE(Lurker @ Jan 28 2022, 09:39 AM)
aiyoyoyoyo... 1st world issues
long CNY hols but no movies to catch at home!
Ada, astro go many Jackie Chan & Samuel Hong movies from 1980 - 1990s, CNY must watch just like Hari Raya watch P. Ramlee, hehe
AVFAN
post Feb 2 2022, 08:09 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,357 posts

355... a poor female BONDS movie - 2/5, u forget easily.

House of Gucci - true story... excellent performance by Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jared Leto.

Gucci was a privately owned co. in the 1980s-1990s, worth $300mil... today it is public listed, worth $60bil.

watch this movie to know what happened...!! biggrin.gif

a ridley scott movie... while he failed miserably in Last Duel where those actors were terrible in speaking and/or acting French, it is much better in Gucci where the actors spoke italian accented english and behaved fairly italian. tongue.gif 3/5.

user posted image

Nightmare Alley is an interesting tale of magicians, illusionists, mentalists, scammers, conmen.

after watching this, u become smarter and wiser the next time u see a fortune teller or tarot card reader. laugh.gif

very fine performance by Bradley Cooper, Kate Blanchet, etc.

based on a old book - 3.5/5.

user posted image

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Feb 2 2022, 08:11 PM
kevinlim001
post Feb 6 2022, 08:06 PM

Ethical Hacker
5,976 posts

chinese kungfu film
user posted image
user posted image

Title: New Kung Fu Cult Master (Part 1 & Part 2)
Release Year: 2022
Genre: Horror/Action
Running time: 1h 54m (Part 1)
Budget: N/A

plot - 3.5/5 - i dont know about the original story and i haven't read about this story by Jin Yong. The story line prolong but not too boring.
sound effect - 3/5 - DD+, not very clear to my ear but i think if there's a TrueHD / HDMA version it will improve significantly. Not too much of LFE
picture - 4/5 - Not bad especially on the kungfu CGI and some scene were done in old village and some "artic" scene

The movie was directed by Wong Jing and there are two available parts. A lot of familiar face for male actors if you are familiar with HK TVB artists. Female artist are new to me but as usual Wong Jing did a good job in introducing new faces.

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: Feb 6 2022, 08:18 PM
AVFAN
post Feb 7 2022, 06:46 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,357 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Feb 6 2022, 08:06 PM)
chinese kungfu film
user posted image
user posted image
Budget:  N/A

plot - 3.5/5 - i dont know about the original story and i haven't read about this story by Jin Yong. The story line prolong but not too boring.
sound effect - 3/5 - DD+, not very clear to my ear but i think if there's a TrueHD / HDMA version it will improve significantly. Not too much of LFE
picture - 4/5 - Not bad especially on the kungfu CGI and some scene were done in old village and some "artic" scene

The movie was directed by Wong Jing and there are two available parts. A lot of familiar face for male actors if you are familiar with HK TVB artists. Female artist are new to me but as usual Wong Jing did a good job in introducing new faces.
Wong Jing did this movie in 1993, starring jet li... so, he's doing his own remake! laugh.gif

this jinyong story is more well known as Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Sabre 倚天屠龙记.

been made into movies and tv shows a dozen times... and i have watched them all. biggrin.gif

probably the most well known chinese wuxia novelist, jin yong 金庸 or louis cha or 查良鏞 spent a few years in oxford, got his PhD, died in 2018.

his best works uses historical events mixed with fiction and fantasy, e.g.

天龍八部
射鵰英雄傳
神鵰俠侶
倚天屠龍記
笑傲江湖

if u have watched just these 5 in timeline chronological order, u r a jinyong fan... and he's got a dozen popular more novels made into movies/tv.

looking at the cast of protagonists and antagonists, it should be fun... i look forward to watching this new kungfu cult master parts 1, 2! biggrin.gif
AVFAN
post Feb 7 2022, 06:47 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,357 posts

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Feb 7 2022, 06:47 PM
voscar
post Feb 7 2022, 08:20 PM

Regular
1,238 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Feb 6 2022, 08:06 PM)
chinese kungfu film
user posted image
user posted image
Budget:  N/A

The DiDi Plus version you got, is it 2.1 channel? I only got this version...
kevinlim001
post Feb 8 2022, 10:13 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,976 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 7 2022, 06:46 PM)
Wong Jing did this movie in 1993, starring jet li... so, he's doing his own remake! laugh.gif

this jinyong story is more well known as Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Sabre 倚天屠龙记.

been made into movies and tv shows a dozen times... and i have watched them all. biggrin.gif

probably the most well known chinese wuxia novelist, jin yong 金庸 or louis cha or 查良鏞 spent a few years in oxford, got his PhD, died in 2018.

his best works uses historical events mixed with fiction and fantasy, e.g.

天龍八部
射鵰英雄傳
神鵰俠侶
倚天屠龍記
笑傲江湖

if u have watched just these 5 in timeline chronological order, u r a jinyong fan... and he's got a dozen popular more novels made into movies/tv.

looking at the cast of protagonists and antagonists, it should be fun... i look forward to watching this new kungfu cult master parts 1, 2! biggrin.gif
i only follow - 神鵰俠侶 the rest i din really follow. and yeah u r right Part 1 is the remake of 1993 version. Part 2 is the continuity for both Part 1 and 1993 version. I rewatched 1993 version and found some plot are different between two.. i dont disclose the plot but let you guys watch it and bash if necessary.. i have no place to comment as i didnt read the original story by Jin Yong (as i am a banana man)
kevinlim001
post Feb 8 2022, 10:14 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,976 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Feb 7 2022, 08:20 PM)
The DiDi Plus version you got, is it 2.1 channel? I only got this version...
my DiDi Plus is 5.1 bro.. there's 2.0 and 5.1 also there are mandarin and cantonese.. but it doesnt really matter because the actor speaks both so either way wont match the lips action
AVFAN
post Feb 8 2022, 10:34 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,357 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Feb 8 2022, 10:13 AM)
i only follow - the rest i din really follow. and yeah u r right Part 1 is the remake of 1993 version. Part 2 is the continuity for both Part 1 and 1993 version. I rewatched 1993 version and found some plot are different between two.. i dont disclose the plot but let you guys watch it and bash if necessary.. i have no place to comment as i didnt read the original story by Jin Yong (as i am  a banana man)
if u hv watched 神鵰俠侶, u should watch the one before it - 射鵰英雄傳 - becos the story continues from there.

the 1993 one is a flop, the story is inaccurate, heavily mutilated.

even in this new one, many parts have been chopped off... becos it simply isn't possible to fit in a 30hr show into 2 or 4 hours!

done part 1, part 2 today.

raymond lam as zhang wuji is too old, poor choice! biggrin.gif
kevinlim001
post Feb 8 2022, 10:37 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,976 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 8 2022, 10:34 AM)
if u hv watched 神鵰俠侶, u should watch the one before it - 射鵰英雄傳 - becos the story continues from there.

the 1993 one is a flop, the story is inaccurate, heavily mutilated.

even in this new one, many parts have been chopped off... becos it simply isn't possible to fit in a 30hr show into 2 or 4 hours!
done part 1, part 2 today.

raymond lam as zhang wuji is too old, poor choice! biggrin.gif
kekeke.. raymond lam also not somebody that i would look forward as well.. his acting face same saja.. happy that face sad that face angry also that face lol.. its not the same like how he was when he just entered TVB sweat.gif
AVFAN
post Feb 8 2022, 04:58 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,357 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Feb 8 2022, 10:37 AM)
kekeke.. raymond lam also not somebody that i would look forward as well.. his acting face same saja.. happy that face sad that face angry also that face lol.. its not the same like how he was when he just entered TVB sweat.gif
user posted image

just finished part 2. (to be in cinemas 17 Feb. tongue.gif tongue.gif )

i am not sure if jinyong made those changes in the 2005 novel edition, or wong jing made them.

quite some major changes in the ending about who fought who, who died, how, who lived, who went where finally...!! laugh.gif

personally, i dun like those changes. biggrin.gif

anyway, 倚天屠龙记之九阳神功 and 倚天屠龙记之圣火雄 are OK, highly watchable.

the costumes are excellent; locations, props, very good; CGI very decent; fighting scenes OK. 3.5/5 - coming from a jinyong fan. tongue.gif

about Zhou Zhiruo's dark Cadaverous Claw 九阴白骨爪, u gotta go back and watch Condor Heroes 射鵰英雄傳, or at least this 2021 spinoff:

user posted image

welcome to world of WUXIA... chinese X-men supernatural powers... attained with talent and practice, not radiation or mutations. laugh.gif

kevinlim001
post Feb 8 2022, 10:23 PM

Ethical Hacker
5,976 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 8 2022, 04:58 PM)
user posted image

just finished part 2. (to be in cinemas 17 Feb. tongue.gif  tongue.gif )

i am not sure if jinyong made those changes in the 2005 novel edition, or wong jing made them.

quite some major changes in the ending about who fought who, who died, how, who lived, who went where finally...!! laugh.gif

personally, i dun like those changes. biggrin.gif
anyway, 倚天屠龙记之九阳神功 and 倚天屠龙记之圣火雄 are OK, highly watchable.

the costumes are excellent; locations, props, very good; CGI very decent; fighting scenes OK. 3.5/5 - coming from a jinyong fan. tongue.gif

about Zhou Zhiruo's dark Cadaverous Claw 九阴白骨爪, u gotta go back and watch Condor Heroes 射鵰英雄傳, or at least this 2021 spinoff:

user posted image

welcome to world of WUXIA... chinese X-men supernatural powers... attained with talent and practice, not radiation or mutations. laugh.gif
thanks for recommending.. will spend sometime to look for it. innocent.gif
AVFAN
post Feb 9 2022, 10:29 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,357 posts

the battle at lake changjin 长津湖 is available, decent quality - part one 2021.

there is a part two 2022!

voscar
post Feb 10 2022, 12:33 AM

Regular
1,238 posts

The King's Man, 3/5
DiDi Plus 5.1
rx330
post Feb 10 2022, 10:00 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,146 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Feb 8 2022, 10:14 AM)
my DiDi Plus is 5.1 bro.. there's 2.0 and 5.1 also there are mandarin and cantonese.. but it doesnt really matter because the actor speaks both so either way wont match the lips action
this is I most pening one
hk actor mother tongue canto, then china one, cainis
no matter which audio source you picked, for sure the other one is dubbed bangwall.gif

88 Pages « < 75 76 77 78 79 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0293sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd May 2022 - 05:29 PM