Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Persona 2019 vs City 2019, Need advices prior to buy my first Sedan

views

mushigen
post Sep 5 2019, 08:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(figuremeout @ Sep 5 2019, 04:26 PM)
Dont bother buying a persona. Used to own one. The moment you need to upgrade to a better vehicle, the resale value is ridiculously low. Not because one is not able to buy a better vehicle but to topup the remaining amount to release persona is a headache. Sometimes you might think you wont be changing to a better car but, most of the time you will.
Just an honest opinion. No sakit hati k LOL
If you need to top up a "headache" amount to sell your Persona, what makes you think you are better off financially if you buy the Honda?
mushigen
post Sep 5 2019, 10:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(figuremeout @ Sep 5 2019, 10:02 PM)
you totally got my statement wrongly interpreted. i meant to say that the extra topup is an unnecessary  headache. it could be used for other purpose like vacation etc. but hey... u are entitled to your opinion too. cheers
I have a feeling we are on the same channel. The question by TS here is whether to buy Persona or City. Either car will require top up when you sell it. If the buyer chooses Persona and finds the sum to top up a headache, perhaps it means he is not financially sound to even consider the City?

Contrast this to a buyer who can really afford a City with RM30k downpayment. Now, if he chooses a Persona and plonk down the RM30k for it, he will not face much headache when disposing of his Persona.

If the Persona buyer can only afford 10% d/p and a 9-year-loan, he will be committing financial suicide if he chooses City.

Hope this clarifies.
mushigen
post Sep 7 2019, 12:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Sep 7 2019, 12:02 PM)
i only used the wrong words, when i meant the brakes wearing out and becoming permanently ineffective rather than temporarily.
Brakes wear out by the material grinding off rather than heat, unless you try and use the brakes while they are red hot which will cause the material to come off easily, but heat doesnt make them ineffective until you reach a certain temperature. Ceramic brakes for instance dont heat up easily and wear from the material grinding out which happens much easier than steel, thats why most cars use metal brakes rather than ceramic as they last a lot longer despite heating up a lot faster.

Where did i ever say a torque converter is a conventional planatary-gear gearbox? If i did say that its bad to leave the gear in drive when stationary for long periods of time its because you will degrade the fluid faster and build up heat in the gearbox which could wear it out faster especially now that many auto gears use "lifetime" fluids which places the strain on the torque converter and that the torque converter has a way to increase torque by heating up the fluid by revving the engine in drive while stationary which is what launch control does.
Lol....
mushigen
post Sep 13 2019, 09:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(figuremeout @ Sep 9 2019, 12:21 PM)
Trust me. I know all about guns. I played CSGO LOL
#facepalm
I know everything about warships and their weapons. I watched all 5 seasons of The Last Ship without missing any episode.

And don't get me started on how SWAT operates. Lol.
mushigen
post Sep 15 2019, 12:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

INO, the main con of Persona compared to City is the clutch-based cvt VS torque converter coupled CVT of City.
The City behaves like a car equipped with conventional auto box (except for the minor rubber band effect from standstill).
The Persona needs adaptation. I'd expect to have more difficulty in throttle control when caught in a jam on a slope as you can't creep the car.
mushigen
post Oct 1 2019, 09:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

I would have bought the Persona if it had torque converter instead of clutch.
mushigen
post Oct 1 2019, 11:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Oct 1 2019, 10:48 AM)
You mean CVT?
I mean torque converter.
mushigen
post Oct 1 2019, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Oct 1 2019, 11:43 AM)
You said you would buy if it had a torque converter instead of clutch.. CVT system no clutch.
Punch CVT has clutch.
mushigen
post Oct 1 2019, 12:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Oct 1 2019, 12:33 PM)
I see. I learn something new today.
Well it’s still crap, and Punch CVT is the crappiest of crap CVT I’ve driven. Wouldn’t buy it either.
My main gripe is it cannot creep well and needs time to fully engage the clutch the moment you release the brake pedal at standstill. On an upward sloped road with start-stop traffic (think of the ramp from Subang Jaya to Sunway Pyramid car park), this may be troublesome, hill hold assist notwithstanding.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0263sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:04 PM