Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Persona 2019 vs City 2019, Need advices prior to buy my first Sedan

views

dec12
post Jul 16 2019, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

For me, i am leaning towards Persona 2019. If you can save more why not?

Fuel efficiency is probably is negligible, if you drive more on highway vs in the city

Looks is subjective. To me the Persona looks OK if u dont mind the slightly bulky side profile.

Cheers

dec12
post Jul 19 2019, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(alcatrez @ Jul 19 2019, 10:28 AM)
1. If you want to sell in 4-5 years, do not take 9 year loans. the reason being that the 1st few years, you'd be paying for the interest portion most of the time.
2. I am doubtful that Honda will be in good quality over long term. For long term ownership, stick to Toyota and Perodua. This is my opinion after getting feedback from my friends who drive Citys and Vios. But myvi's use timing chain. which are very costly on a long run (ie 300k km).

3. 70k / year is equivalent to 5k net after EPF, SOCSO and PCB?

By regulation or bank assessment, 1/3 rd of salary is car. BUt better not spend 1/3rd. Better spend less.

4. For a persona top spec (after trading in your myvi for rm 25k), loan would be 30k and with 7 year loan, it is rm 450 monthly

For City or vios lowest spec, loan would be RM48k and with 7 year loan , monthly is around 700 rm / month. 

above are new and base on estimation with interest at 3%.

5. By calculation, persona is ideal. But think back on the power of selling and whether appeals to you. That is no where in financial calculation.
very good breakdown. I do agree with this statement below

By regulation or bank assessment, 1/3 rd of salary is car. BUt better not spend 1/3rd. Better spend less.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0238sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:09 PM