12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Persona 2019 vs City 2019, Need advices prior to buy my first Sedan

views

TScasio17
post Jul 15 2019, 04:51 PM, updated 5y ago

Casual
441 posts

Hi all sifus, need your advices and guidances prior to buy a new car.

Currently using MyVi 1.5 SE, year 2015. But, now I feel like the space is too limited. Considering of buying either Persona or City.

What are the advantages and disadvantages between these 2 cars? Does City worth the 30k upgrade?

Thanks a lot for your opinions.
steventan85
post Jul 15 2019, 04:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,387 posts

when u consider to get Persona , meaning u dont want to get City .... both same segment car , but price diff by 30k+- .... i donno , but i wont buy Persona...thats my preference ....

City is better driving car , thats for sure ....
TScasio17
post Jul 15 2019, 05:00 PM

Casual
441 posts

QUOTE(steventan85 @ Jul 15 2019, 04:55 PM)
when u consider to get Persona , meaning u dont want to get City .... both same segment car , but price diff by 30k+- .... i donno , but i wont buy Persona...thats my preference ....

City is better driving car , thats for sure ....
Does it worth the 30k upgrade? I am willing to pay if it is worth it. Which City variant would you suggest? Just get the basic one?
SkylineFreak
post Jul 15 2019, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
162 posts

Don't listen to brand snobs.

Go and test drive the 2019 Persona, you will be surprised that it is actually the better driving car compared to the City.

The only thing you need to do if you get the Persona is change the god-awful Silverstone tyres to better ones.
steventan85
post Jul 15 2019, 05:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,387 posts

QUOTE(casio17 @ Jul 15 2019, 05:00 PM)
Does it worth the 30k upgrade? I am willing to pay if it is worth it. Which City variant would you suggest? Just get the basic one?
i would recommend take the E variant ... not the most basic one ...

test drive both cars and only u decide ...
WiLeKiyO
post Jul 15 2019, 05:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,144 posts

QUOTE(casio17 @ Jul 15 2019, 04:51 PM)
Currently using MyVi 1.5 SE, year 2015. But, now I feel like the space is too limited. Considering of buying either Persona or City.
What are the advantages and disadvantages between these 2 cars? Does City worth the 30k upgrade?

I must say the new refined Persona is very pleasant to drive.

So my vote goes to Persona.
static_365
post Jul 15 2019, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

The new refined Persona is a very good car to drive.

My dad currently is driving a 2012 Kia Sorento 2.4 Petrol, recently he go and test drive new persona at proton showroom and he love it! He said that the car is so quiet, no rattling sound at all and it's so comfortable and the power is there. He immediately place booking after that and bought it.
jVIPERs2
post Jul 15 2019, 05:38 PM

LY.N Enthusiast
1,648 posts

QUOTE(casio17 @ Jul 15 2019, 04:51 PM)

It all depends on your needs and wants...

If purely on space, the City would be best.

But when you ask is the City worth that RM30k upgrade, the answer is not so straight forward. IMHO, the car you're getting would be more or less the same but the after sales could be a world of difference but I'm still not convinced that the Honda is worth RM30k more.

Go try both on the same day, best if near each other so you can test drive the same route.

Good luck! thumbup.gif
jVIPERs2
post Jul 15 2019, 05:39 PM

LY.N Enthusiast
1,648 posts

QUOTE(static_365 @ Jul 15 2019, 05:30 PM)
The new refined Persona is a very good car to drive.

My dad currently is driving a 2012 Kia Sorento 2.4 Petrol, recently he go and test drive new persona at proton showroom and he love it! He said that the car is so quiet, no rattling sound at all and it's so comfortable and the power is there.  He immediately place booking after that and bought it.
In terms of Proton, it's not a definite 'no'.....more like not yet! rclxs0.gif
legioss
post Jul 15 2019, 06:39 PM

Casual
463 posts

Go back to your intention of changing car, it is because of space and i suppose it is the boot space cos myvi has very good interior space actually. The persona has lots of boot space and if a rm55k car can solve your problem, why pay more?
dylan_chng
post Jul 15 2019, 06:41 PM

On my way
659 posts

I would get Persona.

I personally hate the City styling and hate how the top of the rear door frames is not covered in rubber (not required but looks odd)
alcatrez
post Jul 15 2019, 06:57 PM

On my way
539 posts

Things to consider:

1. Physique Attributes

i do not mind NOT nice looking cars (eg like the old boxy volvo).

But i mind, UGLY cars.

Persona is very ugly at certain angles. It makes you think what the hell were those proton directors thinking. And did those directors buy the products which they approved?

If you like Persona, buy black. add some black rims and body kit so that you do not see the ugliness of the design.

2. Resale power

I am not talking about resale value. I am talking about the power of selling. If you intend to sell it after a few years, it is difficult. Because even with my current proton, many years back, i had cut the price by rm 5k. I just didn't want to bother with people to nego and just sell it off. But there were all sorts of issues with the banks since it is a proton and people were not willing to pay cash. Even i asked the dealer to test drive, he said no need. He will offer a price and that was it. My car's condition was good. Engine silent, tires quite new etc....

My ex staff had an older and quite a bad condition honda city (volatile rpm which the northern region service centers didn't know what was wrong). She got a higher price for it. Other people with Honda had cash buyers on hand.

please note that i like certain attributes relating to proton cars. i like to buy them 2nd hand because of the cheap value. And after i use and abuse it, i do not mind selling it or maybe giving it away.

arza04
post Jul 15 2019, 07:31 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

I bought city last year

Both have pros n cons. Interior fit and finish more like the same

I choose city over persona due to
-much livelier engine and gearbox
-this thing saves fuel better than myvi
-exterior design looks better
-rear aircon blower
-lower rpm cruising speed than persona, 2k rpm at 110km/h. (The new fl geely persona have higher rpm cruising speed than pre-fl persona)
-space. It is spacious.
-i dont trust proton punch cvt anymore
-better ergonomic

Best if u test drive both cars...monthly loan installment difference is quite huge.

This post has been edited by arza04: Jul 15 2019, 07:33 PM
lil_flank
post Jul 15 2019, 08:23 PM

Casual
472 posts

Dont expect too much from Honda city. It also have it's faulty but nothing major. Rattling noise is quite common. I see many users who comes from Perodua or Proton were disappointed because they expect too much from this car. For me, its a decent car and so far didnt breakdown on me. Warranty claim the push start button and battery recall. I am not sure whether is the FC good for this car or not because i have a heavy foot.

I suggest u to test drive both cars and see is it worth or not. Or u can buy Proton persona first then upgrade to a D segment or SUV in future.
malibuchong
post Jul 15 2019, 08:26 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

city then......if only 2 to choose.
5p3ak
post Jul 15 2019, 09:03 PM

CPE, FIG Certified Gymnastics Coach
5,648 posts

Hunt for used City.
Alan Andrews
post Jul 15 2019, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

Just get the Persona. It is equal (if not better) than the City in almost all aspects. The only difference is that the City has slightly better fuel economy. Unless you are traveling thousands of kilometres per month, the difference in fuel cost is miniscule. smile.gif

changleonghao
post Jul 15 2019, 09:37 PM

Getting Started
152 posts

Boy96
post Jul 15 2019, 09:39 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

New city kambing soon
gahpadu
post Jul 15 2019, 09:53 PM

Regular