Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Problem with paying for EU [HELP], Trying to get this game

views

TSKenZ8818
post Jul 15 2019, 02:39 PM, updated 4w ago

1 posts

Hey guys, totally new to FFXIV, just played a little on the trial account and now thinking of getting this game since Shadowbringer getting good reviews..

1. Cheapest way to get the whole game in PC?

I see in official site they are selling the FINAL FANTASY® XIV ONLINE COMPLETE EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD] -- should I buy the EU or US version? I'm seeing alot of you guys in EU, why is that?

2. If go EU, how's the latency like from KL?

3. I've already got a character lvl 20-ish on trial, not sure which server but I think I selected US for it. How to switch or I have to abandon this character totally if want to switch to EU?

4. This game requires monthly sub right? Again, EU is cheaper than US?

5. Can I play in trial in EU server? Which server shall I join for most Msian players?

Thats all for now guys, will add if I think of anything.

Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited by KenZ8818: Jul 27 2019, 12:28 AM
vandar59
post Jul 15 2019, 05:20 PM

40 posts

if u buy EU u pay in euros, if US u pay in dollars

the EU/US version only for game version, not server location. U can choose JP/EU/NA datacentre for servers for example. for us latency to JP servers is ok around ~110ish

no idea if u lose ur trial char, but no biggie if u start back. the grind is still a longggg way ahead

i play in Tonberry, the server is locked for now though. u cant create any new chars here for the moment. u can pay to transfer worlds later if u would like to just play first
TSKenZ8818
post Jul 15 2019, 06:11 PM

1 posts

I see, will I have to re-download the whole game again for EU version? And do I need VPN to be able to purchase EU version?

So this means I will be able to join JPN server with you guys even if I buy US version?
ravcross
post Jul 16 2019, 12:26 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(KenZ8818 @ Jul 15 2019, 02:39 PM)
Hey guys, totally new to FFXIV, just played a little on the trial account and now thinking of getting this game since Shadowbringer getting good reviews..

1. Cheapest way to get the whole game in PC?

I see in official site they are selling the FINAL FANTASY® XIV ONLINE COMPLETE EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD] -- should I buy the EU or US version? I'm seeing alot of you guys in EU, why is that?

2. If go EU, how's the latency like from KL?

3. I've already got a character lvl 20-ish on trial, not sure which server but I think I selected US for it. How to switch or I have to abandon this character totally if want to switch to EU?

4. This game requires monthly sub right? Again, EU is cheaper than US?

5. Can I play in trial in EU server? Which server shall I join for most Msian players?

Thats all for now guys, will add if I think of anything.

Thanks in advance!
1. last i saw in www.cdkeys.com they selling ShB complete edition [EU] for RM120+. not sure if the offer still there..can try check a few more websites for price comparison.

2. EU or NA account is only based on the account registration, the server u connected u can still choose Japan for (Asian server), which is OK.

3. Yes, if u created NA account then u needa buy NA codes. I created NA account before & i bought wrong code, EU code. so i created EU account since i cnt find ppl to trade with.

4. based on my observation, EU is cheaper in the longer subscription. 180days is about RM240+ after conversion, which is about RM40+ monthly.

5. Most Malaysian / SEA / Oceanic players chose Japan Data Center. For the server, based on the English speaking community order will be - Tonberry > Masamune > Kujata > Asura > Typhoon...i myself i chosen Ramuh as i didnt know about this & luckily found English speaking community there..

This post has been edited by ravcross: Jul 16 2019, 12:29 PM
ravcross
post Jul 16 2019, 12:27 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(KenZ8818 @ Jul 15 2019, 06:11 PM)
I see, will I have to re-download the whole game again for EU version? And do I need VPN to be able to purchase EU version?

So this means I will be able to join JPN server with you guys even if I buy US version?
no, you dont need to redownload the game. no, you dont need VPN to play EU account. As NA / EU is only for your account, not the game.
TSKenZ8818
post Jul 16 2019, 03:25 PM

1 posts

Awesome possum. Managed to get into Kujata yesterday after 2 hours wait hehe.

OK will probably level my trial character all the way to max allowable and decide if getting this game is worth it.

One thing that I do not like is lack of voice acting. Does it get better as I progress into newer expansions?
vandar59
post Jul 16 2019, 10:36 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(KenZ8818 @ Jul 16 2019, 03:25 PM)

OK will probably level my trial character all the way to max allowable and decide if getting this game is worth it.

One thing that I do not like is lack of voice acting. Does it get better as I progress into newer expansions?
yes the newest patch has full voice acting the the main scenario quests. can't remember about earlier expansions though.
eugenelimys
post Jul 18 2019, 06:17 PM

On my way
626 posts

QUOTE(KenZ8818 @ Jul 16 2019, 03:25 PM)

The game opens up when you hit the max level.

Altho there's more voice acting in the newer expac but don't expect a full voice acting kind.. the voice acting is more on the cutscenes

This post has been edited by eugenelimys: Jul 18 2019, 06:17 PM
TSKenZ8818
post Jul 22 2019, 10:51 AM

1 posts

Another question:

I read about having a potion to change race that can be obtained from quest? Which level will I be getting that quest? Or if there's even such potion?
Firesnow
post Jul 22 2019, 05:31 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(KenZ8818 @ Jul 22 2019, 10:51 AM)
Another question:

I read about having a potion to change race that can be obtained from quest? Which level will I be getting that quest? Or if there's even such potion?
I think it's called Fantasia potion, you can get it half way of ARR chapter. Still not using mine since i loved my cat boi appearance xD

Edit: dem I thought I finish arr after that battle, but it was actually still long way to finished arr chapter ; - ;

This post has been edited by Firesnow: Jul 24 2019, 04:54 AM
TSKenZ8818
post Jul 24 2019, 02:52 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Firesnow @ Jul 22 2019, 05:31 PM)
I think it's called Fantasia potion, you can get it half way of ARR chapter. Still not using mine since i loved my cat boi appearance xD

Edit: dem I thought I finish arr after that battle, but it was actually still long way to finished arr chapter ; - ;
What level does ARR ends? Should be MSQ50? I've been playing for the past week on and off I just got my chocobo hahaha
Firesnow
post Jul 24 2019, 03:42 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(KenZ8818 @ Jul 24 2019, 02:52 PM)
What level does ARR ends? Should be MSQ50? I've been playing for the past week on and off I just got my chocobo hahaha
If you just get the chocobo, then it still long way to finish xD

Yup, last MSQ lvl is lvl 50,but fret not since it was 2 tank 2 healer 4 dps battle. The one I struggled with was Midgardsomr, keep dying.. luckily didn't get kick out..

After the fight with Garlean empire can get the fantasia.

Finished arr chapter last night at lvl 65 for samurai. Other job still zero because I wanna rush to shadowbringers before my subscription end huhu..
TSKenZ8818
post Jul 25 2019, 08:54 AM

1 posts

oh hehe im taking my own sweet time since im still on trial account hahaha.

Did you buy the complete edition with 30 days subscriptions? That is for all expansions including the latest one right?

Where did you get it? Official mog station or you get it elsewhere like play-asia.com?
Firesnow
post Jul 25 2019, 12:10 PM

0 posts

I buy the complete edition but up to stormblood expansion only for ps4 and yes got free 30 days to play, once you reach lvl 30, SE will give you another 15 days time for free.

Received shadowbringers today, will update later night once home xD

Was super happy got cloud costume after add in 60days time game card owo

This post has been edited by Firesnow: Jul 25 2019, 12:15 PM
TSKenZ8818
post Jul 26 2019, 10:18 AM

1 posts

I see, I just got to lvl 35 yesterday on my ninja. Guess its time to purchase.

What level do you need to unlock samurai? MSQ50 or just job level 50?
eugenelimys
post Jul 26 2019, 12:32 PM

On my way
626 posts

@ken, samurai requires you to clear msq : The Ultimate Weapon and the stormblood expac
TSKenZ8818
post Jul 26 2019, 02:30 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(eugenelimys @ Jul 26 2019, 12:32 PM)
@ken, samurai requires you to clear msq : The Ultimate Weapon and the stormblood expac
Ah man, that means MSQ lvl 50 hmm.gif

Looks like long way to go. Currently at MSQ lvl 22 only wuwuwu

Btw, anyone bought the expansion from play-asia for PC digital version? Was wondering any difference (extra items etc) if buy from official Mog Station?

This post has been edited by KenZ8818: Jul 26 2019, 02:31 PM
eugenelimys
post Jul 26 2019, 04:38 PM

On my way
626 posts

QUOTE(KenZ8818 @ Jul 26 2019, 02:30 PM)
Ah man, that means MSQ lvl 50  hmm.gif

Looks like long way to go. Currently at MSQ lvl 22 only wuwuwu

Btw, anyone bought the expansion from play-asia for PC digital version? Was wondering any difference (extra items etc) if buy from official Mog Station?
Mainly I don't think so..
I don't recall official gives you anything extras
TSKenZ8818
post Jul 27 2019, 12:24 AM

1 posts

Err trouble guys.. How do you guys buy the EU version of the game??

I bought through their official site and I'm getting Error i2501 when try to enter the verification code in Mog Station.

I paid using credit card issued here and address I also put here but country is UK...

Am I in trouble and has someone encountered this before?
kosuke09211
post Jul 27 2019, 02:54 PM

Casual
344 posts

QUOTE(KenZ8818 @ Jul 27 2019, 12:24 AM)
Err trouble guys.. How do you guys buy the EU version of the game??

I bought through their official site and I'm getting Error i2501 when try to enter the verification code in Mog Station.

I paid using credit card issued here and address I also put here but country is UK...

Am I in trouble and has someone encountered this before?
Usually when that happens is either your bank block the transaction or SE themself blacklist. You called your bank to comfirm if your card have any issue 1st. If theys ay everything is fine. You might wan to contact SE customer service about it. They usually will ask you the following question:
1.Why are you in malaysia but plan/playing with an EU acc?
Just tell them the truth on what and why.

And probaly will ask for your detail to proof that you're in malaysia/card holder. Just send them a copy with watermark.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0875sec    3.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th August 2019 - 10:26 AM