Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What is google API Key to use Google Map, Do I need to pay even using the map ?

views

TSMaxieos
post Jul 15 2019, 04:19 AM, updated 3w ago

Look at all my stars!!
3,075 posts

I search a lot mention required google API key to use Google Map ? I just want a simple apps that can create a Google Streetview route into a video.

Just for a guide for new use memorize the location with a compile of google street view image to video.Previously it can be done but most website required what it so car Google API key and it required user to pay use the key Map.

Link to Credit card and etc.

Anyone using it can tell me the details , I just want to record a route from destination A to B into video and let them memorize.
TSMaxieos
post Jul 15 2019, 10:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,075 posts

Anyone ?
Aaronnnnnn
post Jul 16 2019, 10:53 AM

Casual
313 posts

https://forum.lowyat.net/Codemasters
maybe you can try asking here
TSMaxieos
post Jul 17 2019, 12:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,075 posts

QUOTE(Aaronnnnnn @ Jul 16 2019, 10:53 AM)
https://forum.lowyat.net/Codemasters
maybe you can try asking here
Ok thanks , I though it would be at android section.
Aaronnnnnn
post Jul 17 2019, 09:02 AM

Casual
313 posts

thumbsup.gif
alexa
post Jul 17 2019, 07:11 PM

Big Boss
1,126 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Jul 15 2019, 04:19 AM)
I search a lot mention required google API key to use Google Map ? I just want a simple apps that can create a Google Streetview route into a video.

Just for a guide for new use memorize the location with a compile of google street view image to video.Previously it can be done but most website required what it so car Google API key and it required user to pay use the key Map.

Anyone using it can tell me the details , I just want to record a route from destination A to B into video and let them memorize.
No need to pay if you not reach paid quota (API requests).
Ryutaro
post Jul 17 2019, 08:07 PM

~ Just a noob programmer ~
522 posts

err why does it sounds like u have not created a google developer account?

I cant remember whether u need a credit card to create the developer account...it's not to charge u right away for using their API it's to prevent ppl from spam account creation

visit developers.google.com for more info, after you got the account setup u can generate an API key for ur use case

TSMaxieos
post Jul 17 2019, 08:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,075 posts

QUOTE(alexa @ Jul 17 2019, 07:11 PM)
No need to pay if you not reach paid quota (API requests).
QUOTE(Ryutaro @ Jul 17 2019, 08:07 PM)
err why does it sounds like u have not created a google developer account?

I cant remember whether u need a credit card to create the developer account...it's not to charge u right away for using their API it's to prevent ppl from spam account creation

visit developers.google.com for more info, after you got the account setup u can generate an API key for ur use case
Actually I just wanted to use for a simple as video route on google map.
It required usage of credit card while I was plan to do a test not to key in real CC.

The only think I need to use is for Google streetview route , but it required a key for those website.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4074234
alexa
post Jul 17 2019, 11:46 PM

Big Boss
1,126 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Jul 17 2019, 08:13 PM)
Actually I just wanted to use for a simple as video route on google map.
It required usage of credit card while I was plan to do a test not to key in real CC.

The only think I need to use is for Google streetview route , but it required a key for those website.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4074234
Its for activation purpose.
bumpo
post Jul 18 2019, 09:32 AM

Casual
353 posts

google used to allow you to create account without billing info and get the key. they will only chase for payment after you have exceeded the free limit.
this was changed not too long ago to requiring billing info (e.g creditcard) upfront even if you dont get charged (within free limit use)
cubiclecarbonate
post Jul 18 2019, 12:28 PM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Jul 15 2019, 04:19 AM)

you need credit card to enable the services

after that, your subscription will be based on usage

usage is divided by tier. the higher the usage, the higher the bill. but there are free tier (lower usage of API calls/requests).

you only be charged if you hit above the free tier quota.

hope this help smile.gif
riku2replica
post Jul 19 2019, 08:25 AM

Mugi-chan!! 可愛い!!
3,300 posts

If not mistaken there are alternative like HereMap which does the same, and identical to gmap is free for limited usage and upon registration is no credit card info required.
TSMaxieos
post Aug 5 2019, 01:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,075 posts

QUOTE(bumpo @ Jul 18 2019, 09:32 AM)
google used to allow you to create account without billing info and get the key. they will only chase for payment after you have exceeded the free limit.
this was changed not too long ago to requiring billing info (e.g creditcard) upfront even if you dont get charged (within free limit use)
QUOTE(cubiclecarbonate @ Jul 18 2019, 12:28 PM)
you need credit card to enable the services

after that, your subscription will be based on usage

usage is divided by tier. the higher the usage, the higher the bill. but there are free tier (lower usage of API calls/requests).

you only be charged if you hit above the free tier quota.

hope this help smile.gif
Since i would be using the key for other website input on google drive map navigation.I need to take precaution where my Key get misuse and charges goes into the CC.

Can debt car be use ?
TSMaxieos
post Aug 5 2019, 01:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,075 posts

QUOTE(riku2replica @ Jul 19 2019, 08:25 AM)
If not mistaken there are alternative like HereMap which does the same, and identical to gmap is free for limited usage and upon registration is no credit card info required.
How do I use it ? quite complicated.
My usage is as simple as save route from google map drive view into a set of picture and convert to video.
This way , watching the video we can remember the road route destination over and over again.
cubiclecarbonate
post Aug 5 2019, 08:33 AM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Aug 5 2019, 01:43 AM)
Since i would be using the key for other website input on google drive map navigation.I need to take precaution where my Key get misuse and charges goes into the CC.

Can debt car be use ?
you can whitelist/allowed where you want the map to be displayed by ip address or by domain

eg: web1.mydomain.com, web2.mydomain.com, web3.domain.com

not sure on the debit card, but i am using my debit card for google ads.

but here is the text excerpt from the site:

Yes. Even though the first $200 a month is free, we ask for your credit card or billing account to cover any amount you spend over this free credit. When you’re billed, we'll credit your account for the first $200 of monthly usage. If your estimated usage will be above $200 a month and you don’t have a credit or debit card to set up a billing account, a local Google Maps Partner may be able to help.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0722sec    2.80    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th August 2019 - 09:54 AM