Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Individual Title limited by DMC or JMC?

views

TSMicahZoltu P
post Jul 14 2019, 02:24 PM, updated 5y ago

Probation
1 posts

I am looking into buying a terraced property in a "gated/guarded" community in Kuala Lumpur that is sold with an Individual Title. Elsewhere in the world there is a thing called a Home Owners Association (HOA) that can severely limit what one is allowed to do with their property, especially the outside including the color/length of grass on the lawn, what color you can paint your house, what you can/cannot install on the roof/front, etc.

My understanding is that in Malaysia, Strata Titled land very often comes with similar restrictions via a Deed of Mutual Covenants or Joint Management Corporation. What I am trying to figure out is if a property is sold with an Individual Title, may it still be restricted via a DMC or JMC, or does an Individual Title mean that I have full sovereignty over what I do with the property, up to and including tearing it down and building a new one in its place?

The properties I am particularly curious about are in Desa Parkcity. Some of the neighborhoods are strata title, but some are individual title (according to my real estate agent). However, the individual title communities still maintain a striking similarity between units which in other parts of the world is a strong indicator that unit owners are _required_ to have their houses look identical. Is that likely the case in Desa ParkCity, or is it more likely that they were just all built by the same developer and everyone is satisfied with the building and doesn't feel the need to change anything?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:58 PM