Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Best way to introduce children to new family., Stepmother + step siblings.

views

TSBillCollector P
post Jul 12 2019, 02:03 AM, updated 2w ago

Group: Probation

I hope someone has had similar experience.

I am divorced with 2 children aged 10 and 6, they both live with their mother, I visit them usually on a Wednesday evening and every other weekend from Friday 7pm to Sunday 5pm. You could say am not really close to them as I travel a lot for my job and it has been this way since the younger one was 2. Their mother is a Chinese and recently remarried and has 1 step daughter aged 4. I am not on speaking terms with their mother and usually conversation are along the lines of complaining about what one of the children had done or needs my contribution towards.

I been seeing this American woman for the last 4 years and we have decided to live in, she does have a 5 year old daughter that sees me as her dad figure. My own children don't know of their existence as I've mostly kept this away from them, if they asked if I was seeing anyone I would reply to them nothing serious and change the topic. It is now at a stage that we want to move to the next level with the relationship and would like my 2 to be involved as well.

Questions here are what are some tips on easing this topic about and make sure things are harmonious as I do not want any wars in the house.

Thank you in advance for your contribution.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0680sec    2.06    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 09:10 AM