Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 4x4 Pickup Truck (LYN Official Thread), We talk cock about man trucks!

views

SilentForever
post Jul 18 2019, 11:37 PM

On my way
559 posts

QUOTE(frozen7 @ Jul 18 2019, 05:33 PM)
Seems like Dmax is the least favourite pickup among here. Lol
I wonder why Dmax sales better in Thailand (Top sales is between Hilux / Dmax)
My family own a Dmax (RT50) and Hilux Revo. I have been driving Dmax for 6 years (mileage clocked 170k+ up to now) So far touch wood no major problem occured on my Dmax, the biggest repair/upgrade cost is to replace the suspension (stock suspension is comfort/soft)
This truck is mainly for working purpose (carry some heavy load, go into construction site...)

The following are my own view comparing these 2 trucks,
Dmax Pro:
1, Fuel saving (the main sales point)
2, Low maintenance cost (SC major service cost around 1k)
3, Reliability is ok. Isuzu engine is reliable

Dmax Cons:
1, Slow pickup , lack of power ( i think this is the main reason turn people down after test drive, but there are a lot aftermarket piggyback ECU to raise the engine output)
2, Steering a bit heavy

Hilux Pro:
1, Much better pick up
2, Feel more solid, less body roll
3, Better handling

Hilux Cons:
1, Bumpy (the suspension very hard )

Anyway if i am not carrying heavy load or going into severe construction site, i wont go for pickup truck, i would go for SUV instead. More comfortable and you dont need to install deck cover/canopy to store anything behind. When i am going out with my family (with a baby), I would rather to drive my Fortuner.
I have never driven a dmax before but older dmax are really underpowered. Isuzu diesel engine known for their reliability and the current lineup is dated. I think they gonna refresh soon with the new 1.9 engine. I doubt all these smaller displacements engine can last longer than the larger one.
incredibless
post Jul 19 2019, 08:41 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

QUOTE(SilentForever @ Jul 17 2019, 04:32 PM)
Depends on what u are looking for. If u want more features and performance, go for triton. But personally mitsubishi are built not as solid, the tranmission if I not mistaken might still be using jatco 6 speed tranmission which is just poorly made. ( Not 100% sure if they are still using jatco), 2.4 l edition less power but more reliable in terms of workhouse, but lack behind in certain features such as manual aircon, reflector headlights, cheaper spare parts. The triton however has at least projector headlights but same bulb drl if u are looking at AT Premium. Safety wise hilux is better. If it were me, I get the hilux, but if have to be triton, I check if it is jatco, if it is I rather get the manual.

I just checked on one article that mentions that the triton's tranmission is manufactured by aisin. If it is, depends on your preference I guess. But best to double check with mitsubishi.
I see. I think best is i drop by n compare those by test driving to see which fits the best. 😬. Thanks alot
glorykeeper
post Jul 19 2019, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

Navara spare part easy get?
frozen7
post Jul 19 2019, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(SilentForever @ Jul 18 2019, 11:37 PM)
I have never driven a dmax before but older dmax are really underpowered. Isuzu diesel engine known for their reliability and the current lineup is dated. I think they gonna refresh soon with the new 1.9 engine. I doubt all these smaller displacements engine can last longer than the larger one.
Yeah. I think Isuzu purposely tune down the engine for fuel saving purpose. Met a Isuzu lorry driver during my SC visit for service, that driver also claimed that his used mitsubishi lorry more powerful than his current new Isuzu lorry. biggrin.gif
Bennu85 P
post Jul 22 2019, 12:41 AM

Probation
5 posts

Guys need some advice

I'm looking for second hand Ford ranger. Currently I have two options.

1) 2.2 xlt (at )
Mileage 1x000km
Year made : 2016
No modification
Price : 98000

2) 3.2 xlt (at)
Mileage 2x000km
Year made: 2016
Sports rim added
Bennu85 P
post Jul 22 2019, 12:47 AM

Probation
5 posts

QUOTE(Bennu85 @ Jul 22 2019, 12:41 AM)
Guys need some advice

1) 2.2 xlt (at )
Mileage 1x000km
No modification

2) 3.2 xlt (at)
Mileage 2x000km
Sports rim added
The cons of 3.2 is definitely fuel consumption and road tax
But the pros is the intimidating look especially the front.
So I'm kinda confuse now
theanswer
post Jul 22 2019, 02:38 PM

Regular
1,024 posts

QUOTE(Bennu85 @ Jul 22 2019, 12:47 AM)
So I'm kinda confuse now
can convert.
Bennu85 P
post Jul 22 2019, 02:54 PM

Probation
5 posts

QUOTE(theanswer @ Jul 22 2019, 02:38 PM)
can convert.
Is it costly?
mingyuyu
post Jul 22 2019, 10:02 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,231 posts

QUOTE(frozen7 @ Jul 18 2019, 05:33 PM)
Seems like Dmax is the least favourite pickup among here. Lol
I wonder why Dmax sales better in Thailand (Top sales is between Hilux / Dmax)
My family own a Dmax (RT50) and Hilux Revo. I have been driving Dmax for 6 years (mileage clocked 170k+ up to now) So far touch wood no major problem occured on my Dmax, the biggest repair/upgrade cost is to replace the suspension (stock suspension is comfort/soft)
This truck is mainly for working purpose (carry some heavy load, go into construction site...)

The following are my own view comparing these 2 trucks,
Dmax Pro:
1, Fuel saving (the main sales point)
2, Low maintenance cost (SC major service cost around 1k)
3, Reliability is ok. Isuzu engine is reliable

Dmax Cons:
1, Slow pickup , lack of power ( i think this is the main reason turn people down after test drive, but there are a lot aftermarket piggyback ECU to raise the engine output)
2, Steering a bit heavy

Hilux Pro:
1, Much better pick up
2, Feel more solid, less body roll
3, Better handling

Hilux Cons:
1, Bumpy (the suspension very hard )

Anyway if i am not carrying heavy load or going into severe construction site, i wont go for pickup truck, i would go for SUV instead. More comfortable and you dont need to install deck cover/canopy to store anything behind. When i am going out with my family (with a baby), I would rather to drive my Fortuner.
i have both the previous gen single cab 3.0 Dmax and previous gen double cab 3.0 Hilux in my family

both of them are really reliable as workhorse, dmax regularly used to carry heavy loads (500-1000kg) and hilux used for off-roading almost daily

dmax's suspension is quite soft and downright terrible when the rear is not loaded, the rebound is so aggressive that you will "jump" from your seat when going through speedbumps/potholes a little too fast

hilux in comparison is a lot better even though not that comfortable as well

dmax's FC is really on the next level, almost as good as my IDSI jazz (i can get around 15km/L on highway)

the only reason to consider dmax over hilux is for the cheaper price, everything else it lacks behind hilux imo (better fc at the expense of less output)

frozen7
post Jul 23 2019, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ Jul 22 2019, 10:02 PM)
i have both the previous gen single cab 3.0 Dmax and previous gen double cab 3.0 Hilux in my family

both of them are really reliable as workhorse, dmax regularly used to carry heavy loads (500-1000kg) and hilux used for off-roading almost daily

dmax's suspension is quite soft and downright terrible when the rear is not loaded, the rebound is so aggressive that you will "jump" from your seat when going through speedbumps/potholes a little too fast

dmax's FC is really on the next level, almost as good as my IDSI jazz (i can get around 15km/L on highway)

the only reason to consider dmax over hilux is for the cheaper price, everything else it lacks behind hilux imo (better fc at the expense of less output)
Agree that Dmax and Hilux would be the preferable choice if it meant for workhorse purpose. Reliable and maintenance is slightly at the low side compared with other model.
Dmax suspension is very soft, I would advise to upgrade to aftermarket suspension especially if carrying heavy load frequently.
At the current mileage, I still manage to get 12.8km/L after certain upgrade (HT to AT tyres, add throttle controller, a piggyback ECU)

kidmad
post Jul 23 2019, 04:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,877 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ Jul 22 2019, 10:02 PM)

planning to get one for my dad too. Aiming for a 2nd hand 2.5l instead. Bro maintenance wise Dmax goes for 20k or 10k?
figuremeout
post Jul 23 2019, 08:32 PM

~In another life, I would make u stay~
889 posts

QUOTE(markgrynko1472 @ Jul 23 2019, 07:00 AM)
I don't know about you guys, but I'm a Dmax fan too. In fact, I've been swooning over D-max eversince it was released. I've read somewhere that its sales have been increasing, so I know for sure I'm not alone in thinking it's a great ride (glad to see others who share the same thoughts here).

I've been dreaming about having a pickup eversince I was a kid. I had my eyes on a beautiful red Ford F-150 and always thought I'd get one. I eventually did, but it didn't last long. But I did the whole dream: from detailing to leather seats to a pair of cb radios like my uncle used to own (they're legit cool, see some examples: https://www.ratedradardetector.org/radio/cb/best-handheld/).

Anyway, I'm waiting for the next upgrade on the Dmax. Hope it's incredibly awesome.
seriously? Ford F-150? full size truck? how much did it cost you to own one? i've seen on paultan.the F-150 Raptor costs around 788k.
Bennu85 P
post Jul 27 2019, 12:53 AM

Probation
5 posts

What's the fuel consumption difference between ranger 2.2 and 3.2?
Bjorn1688
post Jul 30 2019, 01:21 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Bennu85 @ Jul 22 2019, 12:41 AM)
Guys need some advice

1) 2.2 xlt (at )
Mileage 1x000km
No modification

2) 3.2 xlt (at)
Mileage 2x000km
Sports rim added
It depends what you will be using it for and the type of roads you frequently drive on.

The 3.2l can be expensive to maintain and not the easiest to find engine parts for as very few of them on the road.

Consumption wise the 3.2 is only marginally higher on the fuel consumption.

Sport rims? Ask for the stock as those are the best and strongest of wheels to use.

Road tax will be expensive but the torque characteristics makes it worth the money every time you put your foot down.

Bennu85 P
post Jul 30 2019, 06:52 PM

Probation
5 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jul 30 2019, 01:21 AM)
It depends what you will be using it for and the type of roads you frequently drive on.

The 3.2l can be expensive to maintain and not the easiest to find engine parts for as very few of them on the road.

Consumption wise the 3.2 is only marginally higher on the fuel consumption.

Sport rims? Ask for the stock as those are the best and strongest of wheels to use.

Road tax will be expensive but the torque characteristics makes it worth the money every time you put your foot down.
For daily works and also as a family car. I would drive it on city roads mostly.
Bjorn1688
post Jul 30 2019, 08:42 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Bennu85 @ Jul 30 2019, 06:52 PM)
For daily works and also as a family car. I would drive it on city roads mostly.
Get the 2.2 less headaches.

The only ones that genuinely benefits from the 3.2xlt are those who often carry heavy loads or frequently drive on hilly roads.
BillCollector
post Jul 30 2019, 09:19 PM

Enthusiast
703 posts

QUOTE(markgrynko1472 @ Jul 24 2019, 03:53 AM)
Forgot to mention--it was a 1989 Ford F-150. EXACTLY LIKE WHAT I DREAMT OF WHEN I WAS YOUNG. I don't have money for the latest models. LOL
Was it a V8 F150?
TSSafar
post Aug 27 2019, 11:19 AM

Torrent Freak
908 posts

Finally receiving my Wildtrak 2.0 this week, hopefully it will perform as expected
Fat & Fluffy
post Aug 27 2019, 03:53 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(Bennu85 @ Jul 22 2019, 02:47 AM)
So I'm kinda confuse now
how is it diff from the 2.2? they both look the same no?

QUOTE(Safar @ Aug 27 2019, 01:19 PM)
Finally receiving my Wildtrak 2.0 this week, hopefully it will perform as expected
nice... if free share some pics here...

did u get the 4x2 or 4x4?

figuremeout
post Aug 29 2019, 09:04 PM

~In another life, I would make u stay~
889 posts

QUOTE(Safar @ Aug 27 2019, 11:19 AM)
Congrats bro.
Im happy with my new 2.8 L-EDITION hilux hehe

12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.65    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th July 2021 - 11:11 PM