Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

4x4 Pickup Truck (LYN Official Thread), We talk cock about man trucks!

views

chiangth
post Jun 30 2020, 09:19 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(jlkh760830 @ Jun 28 2020, 09:27 PM)
Let say, what if Isuzu Malaysia bring in this new D'MAX 2021 in market, would you wait for this newest version of ultimate Dmax model?

user posted image
YASSSSSSSS
zeonczk
post Jul 1 2020, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(Asquith @ Jun 25 2020, 04:09 AM)
In the context of this market, it will depend ultimately if the driver is yourself or your workers, if it is yourself then how important is it to have an automatic gearbox as all of them are manual.

If you are carrying load then it depends on if it is a bulky but light or smaller but heavier, many of the single cab variants tend to be lacking in specification and power output.
QUOTE(chiangth @ Jun 25 2020, 11:17 PM)
er...I think you have answered your own question. if you need more load rating go Single cab. If the load you carry doesnt need the additional space and will not be exceeding around 900kg then you can maybe go double-cab.

really depends on your usage 1. maybe if you can elaborate what load you will be carrying. that would help to clarify a little more.
mostly will be for off road either 1 or 2 person. rarely will have more than 2 person. cause it will be used to go into orchard.. so might need to carry fruit harvest & equipment..

Are there any 4x4 that is lower than 2.0 cc?
SUSAsquith
post Jul 1 2020, 05:57 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(zeonczk @ Jul 1 2020, 03:59 PM)
mostly will be for off road either 1 or 2 person. rarely will have more than 2 person. cause it will be used to go into orchard.. so might need to carry fruit harvest & equipment..

Isuzu has a single cab 4x4 and 1.9l but only available new.

Also are you for certain you need a 4x4 what kind of terrain is your orchard?
zeonczk
post Jul 1 2020, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(Asquith @ Jul 1 2020, 05:57 PM)
Isuzu has a single cab 4x4 and 1.9l but only available new.

Also are you for certain you need a 4x4 what kind of terrain is your orchard?
yea.. definitely need 1.. it took my dad 30 mins to get out of a slope but he was driving 1.5 avanza.. haha.. and he needs the pick up to carry machines & equipments besides the occasional harvest.
mingyuyu
post Jul 1 2020, 10:32 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,248 posts

QUOTE(zeonczk @ Jun 24 2020, 02:16 PM)
is choosing Single cab better than Double Cab? most of the time will only have 2 person in the car and bringing load.
i have both single cab (dmax) & double cab (hilux)

unless you consistently carry long/huge cargo, single cab will be quite overkill for most applications

- really bouncy and harsh ride as the rear springs are tuned for carrying heavy loads
- cramped passenger cell, leaving very little space for items like bags/toolboxes
- manual only with very short gear ratios, not ideal for long distance trips
- bare-bone interior
- worse NVH due to reduction in sound-proofing within panels
- compromised safety features compared to the double cab peers
SUSAsquith
post Jul 2 2020, 03:05 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(zeonczk @ Jul 1 2020, 06:31 PM)
yea.. definitely need 1.. it took my dad 30 mins to get out of a slope but he was driving 1.5 avanza.. haha.. and he needs the pick up to carry machines & equipments besides the occasional harvest.
My family owns a ninety acre fruit orchard and forest tree plantation that is a terraced hill slope. We tendered for a lot of ex PDRM Land Rover Defenders, 18 units in various state of disrepair. 4x4 will definitely help but only if you have good tyres.

Now we are on the lookout for a 5 year old Ford Ranger with the 3.2l engine and manual gearbox.
chiangth
post Jul 2 2020, 09:05 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(zeonczk @ Jul 1 2020, 03:59 PM)

If it's only for use in orchard then I do not think ride quality is of high concern, so I think you can focus on other 2 factors - reliability and load bearing.
For reliability, I believe most of the mainstream trucks in the market are very reliable.
As for load bearing, if you want to carry more than 1 tonne of load then definitely go for the single cab. But please go take a look at the real model first because the space is HUGE.

Only Isuzu new model have 4x4 in 1.9cc. but its 1.9cc is actually more powerful than its outgoing 2.5L. And in terms of reliability, I believe D-Max is one of the best if you intend for rough use.

If you intend to get 2nd hand then none. the lowest i think is still 2.2 Ranger.

zeonczk
post Jul 2 2020, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ Jul 1 2020, 10:32 PM)
i have both single cab (dmax) & double cab (hilux)

unless you consistently carry long/huge cargo, single cab will be quite overkill for most applications

- really bouncy and harsh ride as the rear springs are tuned for carrying heavy loads
- cramped passenger cell, leaving very little space for items like bags/toolboxes
- manual only with very short gear ratios, not ideal for long distance trips
- bare-bone interior
- worse NVH due to reduction in sound-proofing within panels
- compromised safety features compared to the double cab peers
With this in mind, i think i better opt for double cab then.. my dad will have to drive 6hours back home from time to time.

QUOTE(Asquith @ Jul 2 2020, 03:05 AM)
My family owns a ninety acre fruit orchard and forest tree plantation that is a terraced hill slope. We tendered for a lot of ex PDRM Land Rover Defenders, 18 units in various state of disrepair. 4x4 will definitely help but only if you have good tyres.

Now we are on the lookout for a 5 year old Ford Ranger with the 3.2l engine and manual gearbox.
Do you still have any Land Rover to let go? i am quite interested.. have been on a look out for LRD for quite some time now.. thanks!

QUOTE(chiangth @ Jul 2 2020, 09:05 AM)
If it's only for use in orchard then I do not think ride quality is of high concern, so I think you can focus on other 2 factors - reliability and load bearing.
For reliability, I believe most of the mainstream trucks in the market are very reliable.
As for load bearing, if you want to carry more than 1 tonne of load then definitely go for the single cab. But please go take a look at the real model first because the space is HUGE.

Only Isuzu new model have 4x4 in 1.9cc. but its 1.9cc is actually more powerful than its outgoing 2.5L. And in terms of reliability, I believe D-Max is one of the best if you intend for rough use.

If you intend to get 2nd hand then none. the lowest i think is still 2.2 Ranger.

i guess it will be a few more years before the 1.9 d-max actually have 2nd hand.. saw the 1.9 d-max going for about 92k in mudah..
Fat & Fluffy
post Jul 2 2020, 08:59 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(chiangth @ Jun 26 2020, 01:18 AM)
only afraid that in the future there would be limited spare parts due to small quantity
If the BT-50 uses everything Isuzu then that would be a problem. Isuzu parts are in abundance here lol.
the commons parts sure no issue.... it is those exterior and interior styling parts that would be a problem if not common with other mazda vehicles
Icona Pop
post Jul 3 2020, 11:21 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

May I know to renew Hilux insurance , can I go to Toyota center to renew and get discount ? Times are bad.
SUSAsquith
post Jul 4 2020, 01:08 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(zeonczk @ Jul 2 2020, 11:34 AM)
With this in mind, i think i better opt for double cab then.. my dad will have to drive 6hours back home from time to time.
Do you still have any Land Rover to let go? i am quite interested.. have been on a look out for LRD for quite some time now.. thanks!
i guess it will be a few more years before the 1.9 d-max actually have 2nd hand.. saw the 1.9 d-max going for about 92k in mudah..
If the owner would be a frequent driver or passenger of the pickup and if it would be driven far then best to get one with a bit more creature comforts than a strip down variant. Personally when it comes to pickups the better ones to drive on your own are the Ford Ranger and Mitsubishi Triton.

I do not have any Land Rovers for sale, of the 18 we bought all had to be cannibalised and we built 5 that we now use, the remaining we sold off as parts or donor vehicles.
jlkh760830
post Aug 15 2020, 03:46 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

Can't wait to posted this at here

Fat & Fluffy
post Aug 15 2020, 07:46 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(jlkh760830 @ Aug 15 2020, 05:46 PM)
Can't wait to posted this at here

i cant wait for bt-50
new in IT
post Aug 16 2020, 03:35 PM

Casual
363 posts

I stay in Pandan area, KL. Just bought a 2nd hand Nissan Navara.

Where can I go for pickup truck service? Any sifu here can recommend?
GamersFamilia
post Aug 16 2020, 05:35 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(new in IT @ Aug 16 2020, 03:35 PM)

how bout nissan service centre itself ?
chiangth
post Aug 21 2020, 10:31 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(new in IT @ Aug 16 2020, 03:35 PM)

Since you ask this I assume you do not have a preferred or a workshop which you know very well? Unless you know very well the way the previous owner take care of the car, if not I would suggest go back to Nissan SC to make sure they do a major service to check whether everything is ok. Only they have the complete checklist what are the things which needs to check and to grease (alot of 3rd party SC do not do bearing, suspensions, hub greasing etc). Use Nissan genuine parts as much as possible. (except brake pads. OEMs brake pads are crap, lol).

My D-Max is already 8 years old and I still go back to Isuzu SC. To ensure all is really well-maintained.

May I know whether yours is the older VL or newer NP?
eggplants
post Aug 25 2020, 06:33 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Hi. Can anyone give recommendation on reliable workshops that can help inspect, service 4x4 (or specifically for Ford Ranger) around Klang Valley?
Been going to official dealer to service past few years, and now since my warranty is over, am looking for more affordable ones; but most importantly a trustworthy reliable mechanic.
Having issues now with my Ranger, and was told by official service that I need to replace certain parts, and this problem just happen to appear after doing a service with them. Need a second opinion, and they even recommend maybe to go other shops outside which will be cheaper.
Thanks in advance!
sohailayhun
post Aug 30 2020, 11:34 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(eggplants @ Aug 25 2020, 06:33 PM)
Hi. Can anyone give recommendation on reliable workshops that can help inspect, service 4x4 (or specifically for Ford Ranger) around Klang Valley?
Been going to official dealer to service past few years, and now since my warranty is over, am looking for more affordable ones; but most importantly a trustworthy reliable mechanic.
Having issues now with my Ranger, and was told by official service that I need to replace certain parts, and this problem just happen to appear after doing a service with them. Need a second opinion, and they even recommend maybe to go other shops outside which will be cheaper.
Thanks in advance!
https://web.facebook.com/fordmalaysiagarage/
corad
post Nov 7 2020, 01:23 PM

Hard to see, the dark side is.
2,338 posts

Looking for a pickup that's comfortable (I know doh.gif) and capable in offroad/sandy terrain.

COVID time not keen to test drive everything but currently have the new Hilux 2.4 Double Cab (RM133k) in mind just because its predecessors were reliable. Is it worth topping up to the Hilux 2.8 Rouge (RM143k) or just spend the difference on suspension mods instead ?

ceo684
post Nov 9 2020, 01:27 AM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(corad @ Nov 7 2020, 01:23 PM)
Looking for a pickup that's comfortable (I know  doh.gif) and capable in offroad/sandy terrain.

COVID time not keen to test drive everything but currently have the new Hilux 2.4 Double Cab (RM133k) in mind just because its predecessors were reliable. Is it worth topping up to the Hilux 2.8 Rouge (RM143k) or just spend the difference on suspension mods instead ?
Handling and comfortable are like east and west.
Dmax in the old days (2008 model) was very comfy but handling wise very boat feeling. BT50/ Ranger chassis (2008) then was not as comfy but handles way better in corners.

I find that keeping about 100-200kg load (emergency water supply bottles) in the bed has improved the ride quality a lot for my BT50.

This post has been edited by ceo684: Nov 9 2020, 01:28 AM

13 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0251sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:27 AM