Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cannot Pass Puspakom Test., Puspakom Test Rear Brake Failed

views

TSsamuel_ng
post Jul 9 2019, 10:04 PM, updated 5 months ago

12 posts

Hi All, due to the latest enforcement of PSV license by the Ministry for all E-hailing drivers. Yesterday I took my Produa Myvi 2012 to one of the Puspakom cawangan to do the necessary testing and checking to apply PSV examination.

After the checking, I got 'Gagal' for Brake Test. The overall passing marks for "Brakes" category are 58marks and I only got 50marks, the main cause are due to both my Rear Brake has failed during the testing.

I was shocked as I only took my car for brakes service just a month ago and it failed during the Puspakom test. So, today I brought my car back to my usual workshop and check then we found there is no whatsoever "tear & wear" and "broken" to my whole Rear Brake System.

Since there is no kaput of my parts then the mechanics helps me clean inside the drum, check for leakage of pump, clean up brake pad and he also tighten my rear brake pad near to drum to make sure I can pass Puspakom @ 2nd time.

After the fix, I bring my car back to that Puspakom center for 2nd time testing with confident and I got 53marks which is "Gagal" again. I was really desperate and frustrated as I dont know what the hell is wrong with my Rear Brakes.

Can I know what can I do to make my car Rear Brakes like seriously very "makan" to pass the test?

Prompt feedback is much appreciated. Thank you. cry.gif cry.gif
h0riz0nLine
post Jul 9 2019, 10:17 PM

46 posts

Im not a pro, be forewarned.

When is the last time you replace your master cylinder?Sometimes it might be caused by worn out m/c. Maybe try to replace the rubber seal on the m/c first? Since your brake seems to work fine under normal driving.

This post has been edited by h0riz0nLine: Jul 9 2019, 10:22 PM
darkdevilrey
post Jul 9 2019, 11:23 PM

TAKING BACK SUNDAY
1,056 posts

interesting topic.

usually rear brake drum is literally "tak makan"

but since you already dismantle the rear brake drum and check the small piston pump see got leaking anot

another tips if you can post up your rear brake drum photo, it will be easier to judge.

when is the last you replace your rear brake shoe ?

ok, check also your drum cover surface, is it smooth or have grooveline ?

user posted image

check also master cylinder, master brake pump, and when is the last you replace brake fluid ? brows.gif

This post has been edited by darkdevilrey: Jul 9 2019, 11:25 PM
Jonsnow68
post Jul 9 2019, 11:52 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(samuel_ng @ Jul 9 2019, 10:04 PM)
Hi All, due to the latest enforcement of PSV license by the Ministry for all E-hailing drivers. Yesterday I took my Produa Myvi 2012 to one of the Puspakom cawangan to do the necessary testing and checking to apply PSV examination.

After the checking, I got 'Gagal' for Brake Test. The overall passing marks for "Brakes" category are 58marks and I only got 50marks, the main cause are due to both my Rear Brake has failed during the testing.

I was shocked as I only took my car for brakes service just a month ago and it failed during the Puspakom test. So, today I brought my car back to my usual workshop and check then we found there is no whatsoever "tear & wear" and "broken" to my whole Rear Brake System.

Since there is no kaput of my parts then the mechanics helps me clean inside the drum, check for leakage of pump, clean up brake pad and he also tighten my rear brake pad near to drum to make sure I can pass Puspakom @ 2nd time.

After the fix, I bring my car back to that Puspakom center for 2nd time testing with confident and I got 53marks which is "Gagal" again. I was really desperate and frustrated as I dont know what the hell is wrong with my Rear Brakes.

Can I know what can I do to make my car Rear Brakes like seriously very "makan" to pass the test?

Prompt feedback is much appreciated. Thank you. cry.gif  cry.gif
From what I read in the ehailling fb group, a lot of people faced the same problem. What they did was go to a workshop that fixes a lot of taxi, show them the test results and they'll know what to do.

Alternatively, to make your rear brakes better, change to double layer servo, change brake shoe too.
gahpadu
post Jul 10 2019, 12:08 AM

Enthusiast
826 posts

Ask your mechanic to adjust the pressure .normal standard kilang is 30% for rear

Adjust to 50 50 for rear and front..normally can pass coz eequirement for kerta penumpangis different from normal car
gahpadu
post Jul 10 2019, 12:09 AM

Enthusiast
826 posts

QUOTE(Jonsnow68 @ Jul 9 2019, 11:52 PM)
From what I read in the ehailling fb group, a lot of people faced the same problem. What they did was go to a workshop that fixes a lot of taxi, show them the test results and they'll know what to do.

Alternatively, to make your rear brakes better, change to double layer servo, change brake shoe too.
Yes. Rm150 those mechanic charge
bo093
post Jul 10 2019, 12:12 AM

1,018 posts

Puspakom test are a pain in the...
What we usually recommend for our customer after checking.
Replace whatever is defective.
Tighten the rear brake until is barely spinning freely. (After the test, please release the rear brake to proper specs)
Drop the rear pressure until 18-20 PSI.
And if you got stuff in the car that are heavy, please remove it.

Usually, we tighten the rear untill you barely can pull on the handbrake ie 1-2 click only.
Your mechanic should know how to get this.
gokundrz
post Jul 10 2019, 12:16 AM

27 posts

I'll teach you the tip n trick to pass, 💪
unitron
post Jul 10 2019, 08:54 AM

W1(R)3d
2,337 posts

hmm.. interesting, can anyone explain the technical details on why Puspakom is failing it ?

TS never posted what is stated in the Puspakom report, telling us the score doesn't help to know what is causing the fail mark.
6UE5T
post Jul 10 2019, 09:39 AM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(unitron @ Jul 10 2019, 08:54 AM)
hmm.. interesting, can anyone explain the technical details on why Puspakom is failing it ?

TS never posted what is stated in the Puspakom report, telling us the score doesn't help to know what is causing the fail mark.
Yes exactly, what is the actual reason that the score is low? TS should have asked for more clarification from the puspakom inspectors so can know exactly what to fix.
alcatrez
post Jul 10 2019, 09:49 AM

On my way
507 posts

My dad faced the same problem with his lorry. The
Brakes cannot be adjusted further as it is at maximum. We got our mechanic to be present during the test. And the mechanic explained to the the officer after it failed 2nd time. And they retested again, it passed. But note that this was somewhat more than 20 years ago.

The problem is that you cannot challenge puspakom on their calibration nor competency nor the consistency etc....

Until today, the lorry has no issues nor involved in any incident.
gahpadu
post Jul 10 2019, 09:51 AM

Enthusiast
826 posts

Normally the puspakom will do the emergency brake test on their machine to check out the all the brake condition. Result will shown the mark for each run. Its quite normal for rear brake to fail due to low pressure at rear
abubin
post Jul 10 2019, 12:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,160 posts

Just wondering does the test for ehailing/cab and private car the same? Cause I had this MyVi 2006 tested in Puspakom and passed 5 months ago. And I can say I don't like MyVi's brake because you need to push a lot only it start to "makan". This is apparently normal for MyVi.
TOMEI-R
post Jul 10 2019, 12:10 PM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
17,349 posts

The brake test report will ultimately depend on the tester and how hard/ diligently he applies the brakes during test.
febreze2xxx
post Jul 11 2019, 07:01 AM

Casual
416 posts

Well once I do have the same problem after changing the engine and getting it endorse. Send to the mechanic and they change the break shoes. But he did change both my break pad with original parts and tigthen the break. Gone to puspakom but forgot to put away the old break pad. So it is left on the front passenger sit. Maybe you need to do it that way?😆
Boy96
post Jul 11 2019, 07:42 PM

That's a tripod.
2,902 posts

Go to Ramly Motor Works, best shop to fix your brakes to get Puspakom lulus cert
makky
post Jul 11 2019, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

Drum brake normally auto adjusting the shoe itself, there are rear disc kit from japan halfcut that can be fitted to bezza..
Effy92
post Jul 12 2019, 10:59 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

Even if you drive a new car just come out from showroom and enter puspakom for inspection also can fail especially brake test, wondering who set the rules for brake distribution.

Car engineer already set the best brake distribution front and rear for best balance when cornering and straight road, after alter brake distribution more to the rear the car no more balance when braking during cornering.
infiniti123
post Jul 12 2019, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

go other puspakom. their testings are very inconsistent. i have a nv200 van with a external exhuast fan for ventilation. it only fails in the puspakom near my company while other puspakom always pass.
Oldskolboyz
post Jul 12 2019, 11:49 AM

Regular
1,341 posts

Delete - double post

This post has been edited by Oldskolboyz: Jul 12 2019, 11:50 AM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0398sec    3.80    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th November 2019 - 02:10 PM