4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Myvi 2018 fuel pump problem, car broken, no compensation

views

GOPI56
post Sep 8 2019, 11:36 PM

Regular
1,396 posts

The quality of the newer generation myvi have dropped a lot, they skimp on a lot of things to save cost and ramp up the production line.

The first generation of Myvi is still the best, no problems at all.
System Error Message
post Sep 9 2019, 12:06 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Sep 8 2019, 08:01 PM)
Thought suddenly car gearbox totally cannot move is exclusive to VW DSG Mechatronic, lol.
german gearboxes are known for smoothness and performance, but not reliability. Even if its bosch i'd question a german car or part. This is very worrying though.

Cant go wrong with a manual.
Graceee98 P
post Sep 17 2019, 06:39 AM

Probation
1 posts

I've just encountered this issue as well, but mine is funnier. My car is just less than a year old and I rarely drive it so the mileage is quite low. The first time my car died in the middle of the highway, they helped me jump-start my car and told me it was a battery issue. Not even a year and battery die dy 😂 Nevermind, my dad told me to change the battery to a maintenance free one so we voided the warranty on that. However upon checking the original battery, it was still charged at 75% so it was still good.

3 days later, my car died again on a different highway and this time, they told me it was the battery problem again, even after telling them I've changed the battery from their previous recommendation. They did a test drive and didn't believe me that my car could just die like that and kept insisting it was "battery problem" .

When I was just leaving the SC, my car couldn't start AGAIN and this time, I called the mechanic over and rubbed his face in the issue ("See! See! What battery problem?"). Only then did he admit that it was most likely the fuel pump that was causing this issue and when I was shocked on how a car less than a year could have this kind of problem, he just laughed and said "it's common for Myvi already". He also told me it'll take approx. 1 month for JUST THE PART TO ARRIVE IN MALAYSIA while labour would take around 1-2 weeks.

I will be calling up the Perodua customer service to give them a piece of my mind today. So unacceptable.
voscar
post Sep 17 2019, 04:26 PM

Regular
1,458 posts

QUOTE(Graceee98 @ Sep 17 2019, 06:39 AM)
I've just encountered this issue as well, but mine is funnier. My car is just less than a year old and I rarely drive it so the mileage is quite low. The first time my car died in the middle of the highway, they helped me jump-start my car and told me it was a battery issue. Not even a year and battery die dy 😂 Nevermind, my dad told me to change the battery to a maintenance free one so we voided the warranty on that. However upon checking the original battery, it was still charged at 75% so it was still good.

3 days later, my car died again on a different highway and this time, they told me it was the battery problem again, even after telling them I've changed the battery from their previous recommendation. They did a test drive and didn't believe me that my car could just die like that and kept insisting it was "battery problem" .

When I was just leaving the SC, my car couldn't start AGAIN and this time, I called the mechanic over and rubbed his face in the issue ("See! See! What battery problem?"). Only then did he admit that it was most likely the fuel pump that was causing this issue and when I was shocked on how a car less than a year could have this kind of problem, he just laughed and said "it's common for Myvi already". He also told me it'll take approx. 1 month for JUST THE PART TO ARRIVE IN MALAYSIA while labour would take around 1-2 weeks.

I will be calling up the Perodua customer service to give them a piece of my mind today. So unacceptable.
"died in middle of highway"
It suddenly engine died when driving, or you switch off engine for rest stop and not able to start? If the earlier then it's a huge risk which can causes accident and they should've fixed it by recall instead of letting technician trying to avoid and laughing at you!
System Error Message
post Sep 17 2019, 04:57 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

who did you call for help? No such thing as a car dying while driving in the middle of the road. For an electrical problem to stop a car both the battery and motor which produces DC power have to both die.

One funny thing as well, mercedes had this problem a couple of years ago with the car just dying in the middle of the road while driving laugh.gif .

Its only if cannot start then would the battery be a problem.
cucubud
post Sep 17 2019, 04:58 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

Please update us on the progress of the repair.
This is very dangerous especially when driving alone at night. The car just stop and can't restart.
ys31 P
post Sep 19 2019, 02:30 PM

Probation
1 posts

I just bought myvi on last year Feb. I face the same issues twice, which I can't start my car. But both of it my father able to start it buy pressing the fuel pedal together with the brake pedal to start the car for few times. And it was successfully start my car. the first time I goto the service centre to check this issues, they told me it was cause by abnormal start. Besides, the person represents perodua told me nothing they can do, this is very common issues, always happens. Then second time I face was on 16th of September. I goto the service centre, within 5mins they told me it was fuel pump issues. Have to wait spare parts, it take around 2 weekends to arrived and wait for the change. Meanwhile I might face this issues again.....
Asyouwishwish
post Sep 20 2019, 08:15 AM

49 posts

imagine if stuck in the jungle or plantation car can't start & without hp coverage blink.gif
xget
post Sep 20 2019, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

manufacture problem? any official response from perodua? action need before fatal accident happen
jasonsuna1
post Sep 22 2019, 01:12 AM

Casual
318 posts

Seriously have so many problem?

So i just cash out a trash with RM 55K?

First, the problem i found. The PAINT is so thin, my Myvi 2019 brought in may already started to corrode. Need to repaint due to acid rain. Seriously??? 4 months old car.

Facepalm. I should have buy honda or toyota with 55K upfront and loan the rest. Fking hell regret
Roman Catholic
post Sep 22 2019, 08:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Sep 17 2019, 04:57 PM)
who did you call for help? No such thing as a car dying while driving in the middle of the road. For an electrical problem to stop a car both the battery and motor which produces DC power have to both die.

One funny thing as well, mercedes had this problem a couple of years ago with the car just dying in the middle of the road while driving laugh.gif .

Its only if cannot start then would the battery be a problem.
Hi there, you seem rather knowledgable and what is your profession, if you don't mind ?

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Sep 22 2019, 08:54 AM
Gamer88
post Sep 22 2019, 01:00 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Fingers crossed, hope doesnt happen to mine.
System Error Message
post Sep 22 2019, 02:20 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Sep 22 2019, 08:53 AM)
Hi there, you seem rather knowledgable and what is your profession, if you don't mind ?
software developer, EEE. So i do know about the computer systems used in cars.

Roman Catholic
post Sep 22 2019, 02:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Sep 22 2019, 02:20 PM)
software developer, EEE. So i do know about the computer systems used in cars.
Sorry too burst your bubble but what you wrote is incorrect. A weak battery can and will cause a car to stall too. It happened while I was in the car and it happened to a good friend of mine Cikgu Ali. Cikgu didn't believe initially when I warned him about it when he came to see me about his battery, and sure enough happened to him also while on his way home. Well, I had to help him with my car's battery so that he could drive home. Modern cars with so much electronics in them is now highly dependant on a healthy battery too. 😊

Perhaps the correct question every car owner should ask is when should they change their battery before it dies out ? For some its 80%, for some its 60% and some its 40% State-of-Charge but at stage, one is pushing ones luck a little to far. Penny wise but definately pound foolish.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Sep 22 2019, 03:03 PM
System Error Message
post Sep 22 2019, 03:45 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Sep 22 2019, 02:56 PM)
Sorry too burst your bubble but what you wrote is incorrect. A weak battery can and will cause a car to stall too. It happened while I was in the car and it happened to a good friend of mine Cikgu Ali. Cikgu didn't believe initially when I warned him about it when he came to see me about his battery, and sure enough happened to him also while on his way home. Well, I had to help him with my car's battery so that he could drive home. Modern cars with so much electronics in them is now highly dependant on a healthy battery too. 😊

Perhaps the correct question every car owner should ask is when should they change their battery before it dies out ? For some its 80%, for some its 60% and some its 40% State-of-Charge but at stage, one is pushing ones luck a little to far. Penny wise but definately  pound foolish.
Thats the thing, cars dont stall if the battery is weak only if the motor is weak as well in which the voltage of both are too low to supply the required amps. I do know that electronics need the right voltage, but its also to do with amps. Draw too much amps and the volts decrease.

When the engine on, the motor produces DC, ideally at 12V but you do need more volts to recharge the battery so it can go to as high as 15V and is allowed to vary. If the motor is too weak, it will not be able to sustain a good voltage. Thats why the voltage guide for checking battery health for voltage isnt determinate when the engine is on but rather when the engine is off when the battery is fully charged.

If the battery drains too much when the car is off it will mess with the electronics.

But if the car can stall just because the battery is too weak, but the motor is fine, than something must be wrong in the design. Given the same electrical connections, the higher voltage always wins the flow.

Sometimes things plugged into the cig slot can cause interference, especially if they have switching voltage setups like USB chargers (feedback interference back on the 12V circuit from switching 12V to 5V) which can mess with the cars electronics especially if a voltage on the line is weaker.

bakry
post Oct 15 2019, 05:00 PM

Casual
385 posts

read someone saying should prime the fuel pump. how do you prime a fuel pump?
abubin
post Oct 15 2019, 05:59 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

So really waiting for 1 month for parts to arrive? I wonder where does all the genuine parts come from? Does it need to go through Perodua or anyone can just parallel import from Japan.
beebee1314
post Oct 27 2019, 08:56 AM

Regular
1,683 posts

QUOTE(Daylight2018 @ Jul 7 2019, 07:47 AM)
My Vios they airfreight my warranty claim parts FOC.
Get it fixed wihin 1 week.

Sometimes what u pay, is the difference in aftersales service.
True. Pay peanuts get monkeys. Dollar for dollar. Sometimes choosing a car is not about getting you from point A to B, but to ensure the car can get you to point B everyday without issues. And even if got issues, can help u solve ASAP.

Like my viva, for years my dashboard got issue but they dowan help solve. Say inside can't do anything. My vios also got issue with loose parts in door. 1 week settle
dylan_chng
post Oct 27 2019, 12:06 PM

On my way
658 posts

QUOTE(greg79 @ Jul 6 2019, 05:58 PM)
snip
Firstly, there shouldn't be a 3 week wait as it's understandable that Perodua does not provide courtesy car or compensation.
Zaryl
post Oct 27 2019, 01:24 PM

Hardcore Casual Gamer
1,523 posts

I believe this fuel pump issue also spread across other car brands such as honda & toyota.

The single fuel pump manufacturer is to be BLAMED for this issue.
Anybody knows which manufacturer did this?
This only happens for late 2018 and the current 2019 car models though.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:59 PM