Myvi 2018 fuel pump problem, car broken, no compensation

views

bjb787 P
post Jul 26 2019, 12:07 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(greg79 @ Jul 6 2019, 05:58 PM)
Hi everyone,
I have Perodua Myvi 1.5 Adv which i bought Dec 2018 last year.
Few days before, got problem with starting up the car. But, yesterday it cannot start at all. Then I call the Perodua Auto Assist and they send the car to Perodua SC in Bundusan. Later, they found out it has fuel pump problem. The SA told me that the part is unavailable and need to wait at least 1month. He also told me that courtesy car is unavailable and I need to find my own solution for my transport problem.I ask them for compensation daily till my car get fix, but he told me that it is not Perodua policy to compensate customer regarding this problem. I'm puzzled. How come they treat customer like this. The car is just 6 months old and already broken! I have to pay ccm and now the car cant be use. And they didnt offer anything to help me? Did anyone encounter this kind if problem? I'm thinking of bringing this matter to Consumer Tribunal to give Perodua a leason. They have a lot of profits but didnt care about their cuatomer predicament. If anybody have similar experience can you share and advise me what to do. Tqvm
Have similar problem last week. Car bought Oct 2018 only done 2+++km since. Stopped at traffic light, engine wont start. Keep on cranking. Called perodua auto assist, car towed to the service centre. Svc ctr technician confirmed fuel pump problem. Car sitying at svs ctr more than a week now still no status when the replacement fuel pump will arrive. Really didnt expect this kind of problem from perodua vehicles. Myvi was known for reliability unfortunately not this model.

abubin
post Jul 26 2019, 12:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(bjb787 @ Jul 26 2019, 12:07 PM)
Have similar problem last week. Car bought Oct 2018 only done 2+++km since. Stopped at traffic light, engine wont start. Keep on cranking. Called perodua auto assist, car towed to the service centre. Svc ctr technician confirmed fuel pump problem. Car sitying at svs ctr more than a week now still no status when the replacement fuel pump will arrive. Really didnt expect this kind of problem from perodua vehicles. Myvi was known for reliability unfortunately not this model.
Why can't Perodua keep stock for parts? Such a big manufacturer cannot afford to keep cheap parts? Even if shipping from Japan or something why so long? I buy something from Shopee/Lazada took me only 1 week to receive item from China. Tell them if they cannot afford to part for the shipping, you can pay. It should be couple hundred only. And it won't void warranty.

This post has been edited by abubin: Jul 26 2019, 12:22 PM
bjb787 P
post Jul 26 2019, 08:53 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Jul 26 2019, 12:18 PM)
Why can't Perodua keep stock for parts? Such a big manufacturer cannot afford to keep cheap parts? Even if shipping from Japan or something why so long? I buy something from Shopee/Lazada took me only 1 week to receive item from China. Tell them if they cannot afford to part for the shipping, you can pay. It should be couple hundred only. And it won't void warranty.
Really dont understand why they dont keep spare parts. How many thousand myvi already on the road. This is not a even a continental car. Really pissed off with perodua.
steven789
post Sep 5 2019, 07:35 PM

Casual
303 posts

My Myvi 2018 Adv also died suddenly on the road today. Can't even start. But luckily few minutes later it started. Sent to SC but they already closed. Will see tomorrow what they say.
soulz69
post Sep 5 2019, 08:07 PM

:: LoveHate ::
1,651 posts

wow. big hit. why this issue not yet out to paper, news or blog?
Boy96
post Sep 5 2019, 09:38 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

In myvi fb group recently alot of new myvi kena fuel pump issue

There is a new product update, new fuel pump from japan but stocks are limited. Have to leave car at SC for a few weeks
steven789
post Sep 5 2019, 10:47 PM

Casual
303 posts

If mine also a fuel pump problem, they should do a major product recall. It's so dangerous that the engine can just suddenly die while driving.
vinnyming
post Sep 6 2019, 04:54 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Hi everyone,
Few days before, got problem with starting up the car. But, yesterday it cannot start at all. Then I call the Perodua Auto Assist and they send the car to Perodua SC in Bundusan. Later, they found out it has fuel pump problem. The SA told me that the part is unavailable and need to wait at least 1month. He also told me that courtesy car is unavailable and I need to find my own solution for my transport problem.I ask them for compensation daily till my car get fix, but he told me that it is not Perodua policy to compensate customer regarding this problem. I'm puzzled. How come they treat customer like this. The car is just 6 months old and already broken! I have to pay ccm and now the car cant be use. And they didnt offer anything to help me? Did anyone encounter this kind if problem? I'm thinking of bringing this matter to Consumer Tribunal to give Perodua a leason. They have a lot of profits but didnt care about their cuatomer predicament. If anybody have similar experience can you share and advise me what to do. Tqvm
What fuel pump problem?? I'm just asking so I can learn something. biggrin.gif
maxizanc
post Sep 6 2019, 05:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,909 posts

Hi everyone,
And i remember before this a P2 macai ask me to thank P2. I really don't know what he meant. Why the heck do we need to thank P2

Edit: oops i tot this is k

This post has been edited by maxizanc: Sep 6 2019, 05:57 PM
steven789
post Sep 6 2019, 06:38 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(steven789 @ Sep 5 2019, 07:35 PM)
My Myvi 2018 Adv also died suddenly on the road today. Can't even start. But luckily few minutes later it started. Sent to SC but they already closed. Will see tomorrow what they say.
Just to update. Went to SC this morning and indeed they said is fuel pump failure. But they changed it for me and I got my car in the afternoon.
SUSRagingBalls
post Sep 6 2019, 06:42 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Jul 6 2019, 06:19 PM)
For me, I'll just buy the fuel pump myself and get a mechanic to install it. No point waiting 1 month when you can pay around RM300 to solve the problem.

Time vs cost, not worth waiting 1 month.
This.
-PuPu^ZaPruD3r-
post Sep 6 2019, 07:05 PM

PS5 gamer + 4D addict
2,380 posts

Touch wood my Myvi 2018 haven't haven't kena this problem yet

Tomorrow going for 20k service and will ask them whether they have the spare parts if my car kena fuel pump problem
boarulez
post Sep 6 2019, 08:40 PM

Casual
357 posts

i visit the sc everyday, new myvi main problem is
1: fuel pump
2: gearbox problem
3: aircon blower motor problem
jepakazoid_82
post Sep 7 2019, 10:00 AM

Enthusiast
829 posts

QUOTE(boarulez @ Sep 6 2019, 08:40 PM)
i visit the sc everyday, new myvi main problem is
1: fuel pump
2: gearbox problem
3: aircon blower motor problem
Gearbox what sort of problem?
iskazulka
post Sep 8 2019, 12:32 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(jepakazoid_82 @ Sep 7 2019, 10:00 AM)
Gearbox what sort of problem?
last time my friend mia 3rd gen myvi engine on but cannot move. gearbox problem. have to call tow truck and send to his friend p2 Sc. unlucky because warranty just ended.

This post has been edited by iskazulka: Sep 8 2019, 12:33 PM
voscar
post Sep 8 2019, 12:46 PM

Regular
1,458 posts

QUOTE(iskazulka @ Sep 8 2019, 12:32 PM)
last time my friend mia 3rd gen myvi engine on but cannot move. gearbox problem. have to call tow truck and send to his friend p2 Sc. unlucky because warranty just ended.
not 5 years warranty? 3rd gen Myvi i thought 2018 launched quite new wo
System Error Message
post Sep 8 2019, 12:53 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(bjb787 @ Jul 26 2019, 08:53 PM)
Really dont understand why they dont keep spare parts. How many thousand myvi already on the road. This is not a even a continental car. Really pissed off with perodua.
QUOTE(steven789 @ Sep 5 2019, 10:47 PM)
If mine also a fuel pump problem, they should do a major product recall. It's so dangerous that the engine can just suddenly die while driving.
hard to wrongly design a pump setup, more likely they are being supplied with bad pumps. After your pumps get replaced, let us know here if you still experience the problem since if they use a different pump than original and still have problem would indicate a design fault.

A lot of local suppliers are corrupted so have no issues cheaping out and providing faulty parts. I've seen this first hand as part of corruption in malaysia, we really cant make anything here without corruption getting its hands on it. Thats probably why there has been no major recall or announcement, its not considered a safety hazard if your car stalls.

However if the injectors are starved of fuel theres potential to damage them for a huge repair bill. Perodua needs to be quick to investigate, could be either a bad supplier or they just assemble it wrong at factory. Either way transparency helps if you dont want to tarnish the brand, at least if bad supplier can prove and can announce and maintain brand image. If the demand was high, more likely they could've ordered pumps from another supplier, which could be bad pumps.
iskazulka
post Sep 8 2019, 02:19 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Sep 8 2019, 12:46 PM)
not 5 years warranty? 3rd gen Myvi i thought 2018 launched quite new wo
sorry my bad, 2nd gen.
was pointing on the gearbox issue.

if new myvi 3ed gen also facing gearbox issue, well good luck myvi owners, kesian be like my friend.

the serious problem is my friend is driving, then suddenly car cannot move, engine running.

This post has been edited by iskazulka: Sep 8 2019, 02:22 PM
voscar
post Sep 8 2019, 08:01 PM

Regular
1,458 posts

QUOTE(iskazulka @ Sep 8 2019, 02:19 PM)
sorry my bad, 2nd gen.

if new myvi 3ed gen also facing gearbox issue, well good luck myvi owners, kesian be like my friend.

the serious problem is my friend is  driving, then suddenly car cannot move, engine running.
Thought suddenly car gearbox totally cannot move is exclusive to VW DSG Mechatronic, lol.
mar72
post Sep 8 2019, 11:30 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(iskazulka @ Sep 8 2019, 02:19 PM)
sorry my bad, 2nd gen.

the serious problem is my friend is  driving, then suddenly car cannot move, engine running.
Thank god my lil bro service regularly at perodua. There was a recall for myvi gearbox cable replacement last time. No letter, news or anything. He got FOC even though warranty ended

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.55    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:39 PM