Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Speakers recommendation RM3-4k (Hi-Fi)

views

voscar
post Jul 15 2019, 11:07 PM

On my way
578 posts

QUOTE(A.B.D. @ Jul 15 2019, 10:20 PM)
Just got the Yamaha r-n803 after reading praises about it online. It’s time for me to join the wireless generation.

For those who can afford, Cambridge audio cxn v2 is a very nice streamer.
Briefly look through the Yamaha, it comes with YPAO room correction feature? That's so rare on stereo setup! Usually I only found room correction on multi-channel AV receiver..
TSA.B.D.
post Jul 15 2019, 11:58 PM

Regular
1,925 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Jul 15 2019, 11:07 PM)
Briefly look through the Yamaha, it comes with YPAO room correction feature? That's so rare on stereo setup! Usually I only found room correction on multi-channel AV receiver..
Yup but won’t be using that yet. Save for later tweaking. Will be listening to it as it is first. After leaving it to play songs for an hour+ already happy with the sound.

Quoting a comment from avs forum.

Go with the 803 for the ability to set a sub crossover, and delay the front speakers to get sub truly in phase. That feature alone is a game changer and makes the 803 the best Yamaha 2 channel piece yet.

It has no meaning to me yet, but did help to decide on the purchase.
voscar
post Jul 16 2019, 09:47 AM

On my way
578 posts

QUOTE(A.B.D. @ Jul 15 2019, 11:58 PM)
Yup but won’t be using that yet. Save for later tweaking. Will be listening to it as it is first. After leaving it to play songs for an hour+ already happy with the sound.

Quoting a comment from avs forum.

Go with the 803 for the ability to set a sub crossover, and delay the front speakers to get sub truly in phase. That feature alone is a game changer and makes the 803 the best Yamaha 2 channel piece yet.

It has no meaning to me yet, but did help to decide on the purchase.
wow, preparing for SBS subwoofer yo... cool2.gif

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0288sec    0.69    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 03:35 AM