Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Improving signal on 900MHz and 2600MHz DIY

views

TSfirdaruddin
post Jul 5 2019, 08:40 AM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
76 posts

Hello,

Currently my house were at a low land (valley) surrounded by hills and thus affecting the signal quality for both voice and internet. Even the main signal itself, sometime got line and sometime no line at all.

So, I have been searching around and got a so-called solution for my problem that is by using microcell.

My question.

1. Can microcell supporting signal of both bands for all telcos in Malaysia?

2. From what I have read, the microcell were consist of indoor and outdoor unit. And the outdoor unit have to be installed in a small tower on the high land so that the indoor unit can 'ping' for the signal, but the outdoor unit NEED DC electricity in order to operate. So where can I get the power because it is quite a distance from the top of the hill to my house.

Got a suggestion? Or maybe you guys has homebrew before for a solution and succeed.
jusbella
post Jul 5 2019, 08:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,845 posts

These might sound like illegal.

The legal way is call up respective telco and request them to install signal booster around your area.
GOPI56
post Jul 5 2019, 09:07 AM

Regular
1,396 posts

No you cannot do that, you will need some special license and permissions before installing telco equipments.
TSfirdaruddin
post Jul 5 2019, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

Oh.. it is? Okay. So anyone has done the same thing before? Requesting to install booster from the telcos.
pcbase
post Jul 5 2019, 03:20 PM

Regular
1,411 posts

why u need 900mhz ? 900MHz use for
2G - digi some place celcom maxis
3G - celcom maxis
4G - digi some place
umobile dont know dont care

have u try another telco ?

2600MHz forget it. unless living near tower.
dannychen
post Jul 5 2019, 03:22 PM

Regular
1,158 posts

you may lodge a report to the respective telcos and request for a "femtocell" to be installed at your house to boost the signal.
yongtjunkit
post Jul 5 2019, 05:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,483 posts

QUOTE(dannychen @ Jul 5 2019, 03:22 PM)
you may lodge a report to the respective telcos and request for a "femtocell" to be installed at your house to boost the signal.
If you were to ask from 1 telco, will it work with others or just that particular telco ? Also will there be additional charges ?
yongtjunkit
post Jul 5 2019, 05:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,483 posts

Double post

This post has been edited by yongtjunkit: Jul 5 2019, 05:57 PM
TSfirdaruddin
post Jul 6 2019, 01:45 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(pcbase @ Jul 5 2019, 03:20 PM)
why u need 900mhz ? 900MHz use for
2G - digi some place  celcom maxis
3G - celcom maxis
4G - digi some place
umobile dont know dont care

have u try another telco ?

2600MHz forget it. unless living near tower.
All telcos not working properly. Even maxis. LoL
TSfirdaruddin
post Jul 6 2019, 01:48 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(dannychen @ Jul 5 2019, 03:22 PM)
Can ah? Never heard about it in Malaysia before. Just in Singapore only. Last time I heard, only offered for business place.
fat16
post Jul 6 2019, 07:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,582 posts

QUOTE(firdaruddin @ Jul 6 2019, 01:45 AM)
All telcos not working properly. Even maxis. LoL
including unifi LTE band 5 and yes4g LTE band 20 ?

QUOTE(firdaruddin @ Jul 6 2019, 01:48 AM)
Can ah? Never heard about it in Malaysia before. Just in Singapore only. Last time I heard, only offered for business place.
you think malaysia so bad ah ? celcom digi maxis have femtocell service. the one more likely help home user is celcom.
TSfirdaruddin
post Jul 6 2019, 08:03 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(fat16 @ Jul 6 2019, 07:16 AM)
including unifi LTE band 5 and yes4g LTE band 20 ?
you think malaysia so bad ah ? celcom digi maxis have femtocell service. the one more likely help home user is celcom.
My place? Don't even have unifi service lah.

Btw, i am using u mobile.
powerwoot
post Jul 6 2019, 03:00 PM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

wah, so bad. Where is your place actually?
TSfirdaruddin
post Jul 7 2019, 07:54 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Jul 6 2019, 03:00 PM)
wah, so bad. Where is your place actually?
Valley in village area, Negeri Sembilan.

This post has been edited by firdaruddin: Jul 7 2019, 07:54 AM
powerwoot
post Jul 7 2019, 08:38 AM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

QUOTE(firdaruddin @ Jul 7 2019, 07:54 AM)
Valley in village area, Negeri Sembilan.
Vision valley?
I don't have any problem with weak signal but I heard the recommendation that this company local company is good at their service and support as well, read around at some previous old posts here, they're recommended by some of users here.
http://mymobilebooster.com/
joshhd
post Oct 18 2019, 01:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(firdaruddin @ Jul 5 2019, 08:40 AM)
Hello,

Currently my house were at a low land (valley) surrounded by hills and thus affecting the signal quality for both voice and internet. Even the main signal itself, sometime got line and sometime no line at all.

So, I have been searching around and got a so-called solution for my problem that is by using microcell.

My question.

1. Can microcell supporting signal of both bands for all telcos in Malaysia?

2. From what I have read, the microcell were consist of indoor and outdoor unit. And the outdoor unit have to be installed in a small tower on the high land so that the indoor unit can 'ping' for the signal, but the outdoor unit NEED DC electricity in order to operate. So where can I get the power because it is quite a distance from the top of the hill to my house.

Got a suggestion? Or maybe you guys has homebrew before for a solution and succeed.

You don't have to buy a signal boosters at your own cost first.

Have you contacted your telco and tell them the issues you facing? They'll need details like, what's your phone model, how many signal bars, 2G/3G/4G, indoor or outdoor, etc.
Let them know what's your download & upload speed after performing a speed test (speedtest.net).

If they did not solve or you're not satisfied with their answer, file a complaint to MCMC, let them handle:
https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/
SleeplessEyes
post Oct 18 2019, 08:13 AM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Oct 18 2019, 01:17 AM)
You don't have to buy a signal boosters at your own cost first.

Have you contacted your telco and tell them the issues you facing? They'll need details like, what's your phone model, how many signal bars, 2G/3G/4G, indoor or outdoor, etc.
Let them know what's your download & upload speed after performing a speed test (speedtest.net).

If they did not solve or you're not satisfied with their answer, file a complaint to MCMC, let them handle:
https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/
Sorry bro, been there done that.

Question 1: Have you contacted your telco and tell them the issues you facing? They'll need details like, what's your phone model, how many signal bars, 2G/3G/4G, indoor or outdoor, etc.

Answer: Yes, I've done that before , for Umobile. Like hundreds of times for months. For ultra slow speed connection. Submitted speedtest even. They found the problem and their final reply is: "We have found your area having a 'coverage hole' We will install a tower but unsure when" . Sometimes I get answers (from their technical dept) like "We dont find any issue with your area" shocking.gif .

Question 2: If they did not solve or you're not satisfied with their answer, file a complaint to MCMC, let them handle.

Answer: MCMC will not handle your case, they only observe from behind. The one handling your complain case will be the same idiot from the telco you complained. Again, I have reported to MCMC hoping that MCMC will spank them hard but sadly no. Didn't work either. Whatever you report to MCMC will get forwarded back to your telco.

Read the reply below:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Final resolution : Ported out and change to other telco. Same location but better speed.

Look, if they gonna say "Unsure when " they will install a new tower, could take half a year or 1 year. Or never. Until then I as the consumer have to keep paying every month (postpaid) for their terrible speed.

This post has been edited by SleeplessEyes: Oct 18 2019, 09:18 AM
fat16
post Oct 19 2019, 09:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,582 posts

MCMC can't force telco built new tower. It up to telco itself. After all telco tower is not cheap.

https://www.malaysianwireless.com/2019/10/r...tower-malaysia/
beebee1314
post Oct 20 2019, 07:35 AM

Regular
1,683 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Oct 18 2019, 08:13 AM)
Sorry bro, been there done that.

Question 1: Have you contacted your telco and tell them the issues you facing? They'll need details like, what's your phone model, how many signal bars, 2G/3G/4G, indoor or outdoor, etc.

Answer: Yes, I've done that before , for Umobile. Like hundreds of times for months. For ultra slow speed connection. Submitted speedtest even. They found the problem and their final reply is: "We have found your area having a 'coverage hole' We will install a tower but unsure when" .  Sometimes I get answers (from their technical dept) like "We dont find any issue with your area"  shocking.gif .

Question 2: If they did not solve or you're not satisfied with their answer, file a complaint to MCMC, let them handle.

Answer: MCMC will not handle your case, they only observe from behind. The one handling your complain case will be the same idiot from the telco you complained. Again, I have reported to MCMC hoping that MCMC will spank them hard but sadly no. Didn't work either. Whatever you report to MCMC will get forwarded back to your telco.

Read the reply below:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Final resolution : Ported out and change to other telco. Same location but better speed.

Look, if they gonna say "Unsure when " they will install a new tower, could take half a year or 1 year. Or never. Until then I as the consumer have to keep paying every month (postpaid) for their terrible speed.
Not really the case u know. Last time when I was studying utar Kampar, there umobile very bad coverage. Sometimes no line. But it was cheap when ur reload gives 3x validity period. I sent email to umobile, and yes they gave the answer of unsure when. Suddenly after like around 5 mths later, my coverage became very good.

SleeplessEyes
post Oct 20 2019, 09:30 AM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(beebee1314 @ Oct 20 2019, 07:35 AM)
Not really the case u know. Last time when I was studying utar Kampar, there umobile very bad coverage. Sometimes no line. But it was cheap when ur reload gives 3x validity period. I sent email to umobile, and yes they gave the answer of unsure when. Suddenly after like around 5 mths later, my coverage became very good.
I too actually is a long time user of Umobile but ever since I moved house , and I'm located in Subang jaya area, being a major city, the speed is bad at night . Signal is strong though.
I too like Umobile because of its value for money plans but....coverage is their number one issue.

Well I have since then ported out my Umobile but my wife still keeps another Umobile line as standby. Maybe I can use it to test the speed later on.
I mean, I cant be paying them monthly and yet suffer . As though I'm paying and they don't do anything.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:54 PM