Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sunblock or sunscreen for men

views

TSGentleBillionaire
post Jul 1 2019, 07:50 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
64 posts

Can anyone recommend a sunblock or sunscreen for men especially on face skin. I never used any one of those before. I do not wear any makeup on face and I usually work outdoor. Can you recommend any convenient and good for whitening purpose.

Is it better to use lotion or spray type?

This post has been edited by GentleBillionaire: Jul 1 2019, 07:53 PM
ftf87
post Jul 5 2019, 09:49 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(GentleBillionaire @ Jul 1 2019, 07:50 PM)
Can anyone recommend a sunblock or sunscreen for men especially on face skin. I never used any one of those before. I do not wear any makeup on face and I usually work outdoor. Can you recommend any convenient and good for whitening purpose.

Is it better to use lotion or spray type?
Kiehl's is good, they have different sunscreen for different face type now
angelic88
post Jul 23 2019, 04:43 PM

Casual
325 posts

If your skin is not picky , any sunscreen with 50 spf pa+++ will do.

More important to reapply every 2 hour (1/4 teaspoon) if working outdoor though . Also working outdoor , i would recommend something sweat/ water resistant , coz you should sweat ? those for sports work but it will be a little oily.

pick lotion , for face , you cannot spray directly.
WillieWright P
post Aug 7 2019, 08:01 PM

Probation
1 posts

Here are some Best Sun Blocking Careem for men. You can use any of them.

Jack Black Sun Guard Sunscreen.
Paula's Choice PC4MEN.
Clinique For Men UV Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50.
Auctiv Organic Cocao Water.
Banana Boat Sunscreen For Men.
CeraVe SPF 50 Sunscreen Face Lotion.
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with Sunscreen.
Honeydew Sunscreen SPF 30.
TschussFreund
post Aug 12 2019, 06:05 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

I'm rather late to the conversation, but from my experience, the Sunplay Sport SPF120 ones available at Watsons do the job exceedingly well (albeit it is falsely advertised as SPF120, which has been proven to be promotional jack).

I applied them for a use of around five hours in the hot sun (trip in P.D.) and I didn't receive a single burn, whereas a sibling of mine became red as a cherry without it.
angelic88
post Oct 4 2019, 02:37 PM

Casual
325 posts

SPF doesn't really mean you could stay longer in sun , but its does do a little for you to stay longer under sun , but just a slight difference and doesn't worth the premium

SPF (short for "sun protection factor") measures how well a sunscreen protects you from UVB, according to the SCF. It seems like SPF 100 would give you tons more protection than SPF 50 or SPF 30. But the difference between them is actually much smaller. SPF 30 filters out 97% of UVB, SPF 50 filters out 98%, and SPF 100 filters out 99%, according to the American Cancer Society (ACS).

sos

but under water activity or undersun , its generally recommended to reapply every 2 hour.

side note : although UVA dun give you sunburn , but it give you skin cancer and skin aging, you doesn't feel it until you see your skin damaged.
Ludwig.
post Oct 4 2019, 02:44 PM

LOOOL
532 posts

please don't make the same mistake thinking the higher the SPF, the better.
it's actually a marketing tactic and any SPF higher than 50 doesn't really make much of a difference in comparison to the price increase.

also, find a sunscreen that looks matte on the face.
i'm currently using banana boat's sunscreen and i feel that it gets pretty greasy quickly despite the "non-greasy" claim.
also, cream sunscreens over any other type of sunscreen.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:24 PM