Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Are you holding on to buy a car? Why?

views

KingArthurVI
post Jul 13 2019, 02:07 PM

BWOAHHHH
1,040 posts

Malaysia has the 2nd highest car price in the world, losing out only to Singapore. I have a Civic ketam now but if I were to look for a 2nd car I'll hold out and pray that one day our excise duty will either be reduced or replaced with a more generous taxation/duty system one day, because as it stands it's BS protectionism for Proton which is to be frank not even a national car brand anymore.
KingArthurVI
post Jul 15 2019, 01:05 PM

BWOAHHHH
1,040 posts

QUOTE(legioss @ Jul 15 2019, 12:10 AM)
Although our car is expensive, do remember the resale value is also very high if you choose the right car. Effectively, what you are paying is the annual depreciation.
That makes sense, but money sunk into a depreciating asset is still money not used elsewhere (investment, savings or emergency medical funds). It's a pretty depressing situation for most people who don't plan on changing cars every 3-5 years or so. I strongly believe the current policy of car prices should get updated to be more relevant with the times. It shouldn't feel like Kia/Honda/Toyota buyers are subsidizing Proton/P2 by paying a higher excise duty for their cars. Our local car manufacturers have had a long time to be able to stand on their own feet and I believe they already have, so it's time to open the floodgates to fairer competition and see how they fare.
KingArthurVI
post Jul 15 2019, 01:17 PM

BWOAHHHH
1,040 posts

QUOTE(hukaka @ Jul 15 2019, 01:11 PM)
Market down, burdens has became significant increasing.
Car still in running condition,better investment in property.
Bad country to live in as a car enthusiast bye.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0238sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:27 PM