Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Are you holding on to buy a car? Why?

views

raywong81
post Jul 8 2019, 03:23 PM

23 posts

waiting for X50 plus the CPO price to recover. Need some cash as downpayment as well.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 8 2019, 11:17 PM

Regular
1,310 posts

QUOTE(unitron @ Jul 8 2019, 01:28 PM)
Sorry, I'm simple minded or the writer is confused and writing the article while drunk... what disruption the article is talking about ?
Is it rival companies collaboration, electric vehicle, autonomous driving or environmental issues with cars? Then suddenly talk about government legislation
He is referring all the above you have mentioned
Icetea87
post Jul 9 2019, 01:46 PM

31 posts

I am still contemplating to buy a new car or not.

current ride was a 2012 proton saga flx with the cvt transmisison. The car was fully paid. Hate that transmission since the time i bought the car ( during test drive, the car drove well). Mind you back in 2012, there is only myvi, saga to go for within the 50k budget and i went for saga due to the so call advance tech for smooth driving . No major work required for the car for now , other that just suspension need some work for now. Clunking noise probably due to bushing wear out and other wear and tear. Theoretically, the car still can be used.

BUT, its been 7 years already and to be honest, tired of the same car. Was thinking to change it to either Jazz, Myvi or a manual IRIZ or the picanto. Or wait for 2 more years to change into c segment like FC 1.8 or altis 1.8 used.
thana146
post Jul 11 2019, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
191 posts

I am using a 15 years old car. ODO mileage almost going to clock 500km.
Using the car for daily commute and outstation travel too.

so far i am satisfied with all aspect of the car, except for fuel consumption which only gives 400km per full tank.

Currently considering to get a new car. Is it really time to replace the car. So far had no major problems with the car except for gearbox overhaul.
enteraname1
post Jul 12 2019, 12:38 PM

Getting Started
154 posts

New Myvi 1.5 or used myvi 1.5?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 13 2019, 10:31 AM

Regular
1,310 posts

QUOTE(Icetea87 @ Jul 9 2019, 01:46 PM)
I am still contemplating to buy a new car or not.

current ride was a 2012 proton saga flx with the cvt transmisison. The car was fully paid.  Hate that transmission since the time i bought the car ( during test drive, the car drove well). Mind you back in 2012, there is only myvi, saga to go for  within the 50k budget and i went for saga due to the so call advance tech for smooth driving . No major work required for the car for now , other that just suspension need some work  for now. Clunking noise probably due to  bushing wear out and other wear and tear. Theoretically, the car still can be used.

BUT, its been 7 years already and to be honest, tired of the same car. Was thinking to change it to either Jazz, Myvi or a manual IRIZ or the picanto. Or wait for 2 more years to change into c segment like FC 1.8 or altis 1.8 used.
QUOTE(enteraname1 @ Jul 12 2019, 12:38 PM)
New Myvi 1.5 or used myvi 1.5?
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/...for-your-money/

Below 70k brand new....at least give it test drive if you are considering myvi, jazz and the like ...Then again you can still.wait for better things, incomes, etc.

Mattrock
post Jul 13 2019, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

Waiting for new Corolla.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 13 2019, 01:42 PM

Regular
1,310 posts

QUOTE(Mattrock @ Jul 13 2019, 11:51 AM)
Waiting for new Corolla.
First car? What is your current ride.
KingArthurVI
post Jul 13 2019, 02:07 PM

Casual
456 posts

Malaysia has the 2nd highest car price in the world, losing out only to Singapore. I have a Civic ketam now but if I were to look for a 2nd car I'll hold out and pray that one day our excise duty will either be reduced or replaced with a more generous taxation/duty system one day, because as it stands it's BS protectionism for Proton which is to be frank not even a national car brand anymore.
westlife
post Jul 13 2019, 02:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,530 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jul 1 2019, 10:00 AM)
Curiosly wanted to know if any LYN members are holding on to car purchase at the moment and what are they waiting for, what holds them back, what car are they waiting for and why?

I ask this because I am due to have a car change in a year or two, and would be in the same predicament.

Guess I am just gathering thoughts from you guys.
still using a more than 8 years old car now.

before this, there were at least 4 to 5 times almost changing a car, but in the end, still manage to pull the trigger last minute.

now no longer thinking of changing as my current car is really reliable. not major issue on my car except aircon problem but was fixed. I am sure it can last for another 5 years or longer.

best part is since 3 years ago, I had no more loan on this car. it feels too nice to not having any loan on car. tongue.gif
Mattrock
post Jul 13 2019, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jul 13 2019, 01:42 PM)
First car? What is your current ride.
E90. Ten years old. Bought new.
dickybird
post Jul 13 2019, 06:02 PM

Regular
1,445 posts

Winter is coming.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 13 2019, 07:05 PM

Regular
1,310 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Jul 13 2019, 02:55 PM)
still using a more than 8 years old car now.

before this, there were at least 4 to 5 times almost changing a car, but in the end, still manage to pull the trigger last minute.

now no longer thinking of changing as my current car is really reliable. not major issue on my car except aircon problem but was fixed. I am sure it can last for another 5 years or longer.

best part is since 3 years ago, I had no more loan on this car. it feels too nice to not having any loan on car.  tongue.gif
Remind me what you are driving at the moment?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 13 2019, 07:08 PM

Regular
1,310 posts

QUOTE(Mattrock @ Jul 13 2019, 04:59 PM)
E90. Ten years old. Bought new.
From Bimmer to Toyota....

There is a story there I suppose. Mind sharing?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 13 2019, 07:12 PM

Regular
1,310 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Jul 13 2019, 02:07 PM)
Malaysia has the 2nd highest car price in the world, losing out only to Singapore. I have a Civic ketam now but if I were to look for a 2nd car I'll hold out and pray that one day our excise duty will either be reduced or replaced with a more generous taxation/duty system one day, because as it stands it's BS protectionism for Proton which is to be frank not even a national car brand anymore.
We are not the only country having protectionism but i agree with you as I have agreed with an Irish ex boss, our car price are exorbitant. But then again, our petrol are not. In a way, our government is like taking a big slice off you when you buy new car and you borrow from bank to pay for it.

Luckily EEV incentive is still intact, without it, we would be far far worse off.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 13 2019, 07:19 PM

Regular
1,310 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ Jul 13 2019, 06:02 PM)
Winter is coming.
True. So I think many will really focus on need instead of want.

We need replacement for old and aging stuff, because the parts are getting harder to come by, and the older stuff are not that efficient anymore, and a lot of elemental features today will be missing from older stuff. So when time is up, we will just have to do it. Sopner or later anyway.

That is in a way why most of us always look for best bang for the buck, and the hunt never ends....
dickybird
post Jul 13 2019, 07:49 PM

Regular
1,445 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jul 13 2019, 07:19 PM)
True. So I think many will really focus on need instead of want.

We need replacement for old and aging stuff, because the parts are getting harder to come by, and the older stuff are not that efficient anymore, and a lot of elemental features today will be missing from older stuff. So when time is up, we will just have to do it. Sopner or later anyway.

That is in a way why most of us always look for best bang for the buck, and the hunt never ends....
If you buy Japanese, you don't have to worry for 10 years at least. A car is just a tool for getting around.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 13 2019, 10:36 PM

Regular
1,310 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ Jul 13 2019, 07:49 PM)
If you buy Japanese,  you don't have to worry for 10 years at least. A car is just a tool for getting around.
Relatively yes bit not that absolute. Japanese car is NOT that problem free.

6UE5T
post Jul 14 2019, 09:59 AM

On my way
518 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jul 13 2019, 10:31 AM)
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/...for-your-money/

Below 70k brand new....at least give it test drive if you are considering myvi, jazz and the like ...Then again you can still.wait for better things, incomes, etc.
Cheap when new but would rob you later. 😂
6UE5T
post Jul 14 2019, 10:05 AM

On my way
518 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jul 13 2019, 10:36 PM)
Relatively yes bit not that absolute. Japanese car is NOT that problem free.
If you don't count the normal/expected wear and tear, some cars can be problem free for that long. My 11 year old car is one example as it never gives me any problems.

8 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0449sec    1.68    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th November 2019 - 11:57 PM