8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Are you holding on to buy a car? Why?

views

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 1 2019, 10:00 AM, updated 2d ago

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Curiosly wanted to know if any LYN members are holding on to car purchase at the moment and what are they waiting for, what holds them back, what car are they waiting for and why?

I ask this because I am due to have a car change in a year or two, and would be in the same predicament.

Guess I am just gathering thoughts from you guys.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jul 1 2019, 10:00 AM
Zot
post Jul 1 2019, 10:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Stock clearance, End of Year sales, offer?
Jessieccy
post Jul 1 2019, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I just reluctant to start paying loan for few more years again. Haha. Current car still running fine, can't complain or have any impulse to change.
vernon_91
post Jul 1 2019, 10:15 AM

Getting Started

no stock lol
Jackofree
post Jul 1 2019, 10:16 AM

Getting Started

waiting for money to grow on trees
JZenith
post Jul 1 2019, 10:30 AM

Getting Started

scared that after buyinga car, 1 month later new facelifted version came with better features.
fuuuuu
theanswer
post Jul 1 2019, 10:51 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Jul 1 2019, 10:07 AM)
I just reluctant to start paying loan for few more years again. Haha. Current car still running fine, can't complain or have any impulse to change.
this. but the car is already 13yrs old. sooner or later might need a change.
EmpireAnt
post Jul 1 2019, 11:01 AM

my real reason ?

Waiting for higher salary, and wait for good used car. Aiming for a low RV car to get good price but good spec car
legioss
post Jul 1 2019, 11:11 AM

Casual

i paid off all my cars and can go for a new one but the current one is really running fine and don't feel like changing it although it's already 9 years old, the question is do we change car once it reaches certain age or mileage or only when the problem start coming out one by one? The thing is if we only change car when it becomes problematic, we still have to solve the problem so that you will get a good value or is it better that we change car before the problem comes out?
EmpireAnt
post Jul 1 2019, 01:13 PM

QUOTE(legioss @ Jul 1 2019, 11:11 AM)
i paid off all my cars and can go for a new one but the current one is really running fine and don't feel like changing it although it's already 9 years old, the question is do we change car once it reaches certain age or mileage or only when the problem start coming out one by one? The thing is if we only change car when it becomes problematic, we still have to solve the problem so that you will get a good value or is it better that we change car before the problem comes out?
for me, my 15 years old wira is breaking down.

I've been in a few minor accidents with this car too.

Now my real concern is safety. I want to change to a safer car since now I have a family and a 5 months old baby boy.
19 Degree South
post Jul 1 2019, 01:24 PM

Casual

Couldn't afford any new car! Sugar tax, call chicken tax, salt tax etc is eating up my saving and normal expenses! Haiz......ph!
Pugbunny
post Jul 1 2019, 01:25 PM

Casual

I am not a car guy so don't intend to change my current 7 years old ride. Will continue to drive it and keep some money to replace worn out parts here and there.

Due to the high tax structure, mabbe will look for a used car for my next ride.
JackBot
post Jul 1 2019, 01:36 PM

Group: Newbie

Aiii...I was in the situation last year during the 0 GST/SST period. Wanted to trade in my 14 years old manual Wira that my wife was driving & pass her my 8years old Accent. A few choices tried & even discussed here in F&F. Had a good amount saved aside for DP also. Wanted to go for Outlander, Tucson, X-Trail & even 2nd hand Santa Fe. But learning that SUVs (especially 4WDs) are not that straightforward as a sedan made me think too much. Few outstation work trips later & time almost ran out. In the end decided & managed in time to buy my wife a New Persona CVT as a surprise gift for her birthday to ease her 'situation'.

Meanwhile I'm still driving my 9years old Accent with 270+K of mileage & kept the Wira as a back up car. I think I didn't buy a new car for me as my Accent was still driving fine. Yeah upkeep is getting expensive due to wear & tear but its no where near of the cost of buying & upkeep of a new Outlander or the others. The other reason was when it came to it, I was very reluctant to spend over RM130k on a vehicle even though I can afford it. Don't know why I can spend on good properties but not on my car..... Maybe because I come from a poor background so spending on a vehicle/liability is very difficult for me.

Well at least my wife was & is still happy driving something new, comfortable & much safer than the Wira. I still check on car/SUV news/offers regularly though. Still have DP money kept aside for sudden urge or change of mind. sweat.gif
But most probably I will trade in my Wira for something new in few years time & pass my Accent to my daughter when she gets her licence to drive.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 1 2019, 01:50 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Jul 1 2019, 10:07 AM)
Getting loan again is a real a bummer I agree. We have salved for a car loan for multiple cars so far and one of the holding back is this one you have just pointed out.

My situation is a bit however different. Due to need of travelling long hours regularly on the road, safety is my topmost priority a and frankly speaking I feel very vulnerable in a car that has a lot of safety features lacking . That is what bother me the most every freaking day.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 1 2019, 01:50 PM

Regular

QUOTE(vernon_91 @ Jul 1 2019, 10:15 AM)
no stock lol
Must be buying very high in demand car, what could it be?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 1 2019, 01:51 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Zot @ Jul 1 2019, 10:03 AM)
Stock clearance, End of Year sales, offer?
Which one you got your eyes on?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 1 2019, 01:52 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Jackofree @ Jul 1 2019, 10:16 AM)
waiting for money to grow on trees
Planting durians?
fastreader
post Jul 1 2019, 01:54 PM

QUOTE(EmpireAnt @ Jul 1 2019, 11:01 AM)
my real reason ?

Waiting for higher salary, and wait for good used car. Aiming for a low RV car to get good price but good spec car
This is my logic too...so I'm always lurking around FnF , reading and soaking up advice and knowledge from fellow forummers, esp @zenix , and hunting for those underappreciated car brand...

like Renault Fluence.. tongue.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 1 2019, 01:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE(JZenith @ Jul 1 2019, 10:30 AM)
scared that after  buyinga car, 1 month later new facelifted version came with better features.
fuuuuu
Actually this would bother me the least, some new ones are worse than the new one and there are many examples.

I happen to think the new Mazda CX9 is a very shadow of its former the CX9. But then again, this could be a hold back factor for many but I guess at the end of the day, you have to make a position.
JackBot
post Jul 1 2019, 01:57 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jul 1 2019, 01:50 PM)
My situation is a bit however different. Due to need of travelling long hours regularly on the road, safety is my topmost priority a and frankly speaking I feel very vulnerable in a car that has a lot of safety features lacking . That is what bother me the most every freaking day.
What car are you driving now & how much is your yearly mileage? This can help the sifu's here give better opinion.

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0750sec    2.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 12:18 AM